MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
After a year long wait since putting down my deposit - the day finally where the car arrived at the dealership.

I got a sneak peak.......and it's beautiful! Except - the car is obviously flat white instead of the Carrara White Metallic that I ordered. I realize CWM was being discontinued at some point this year, and painfully looks like I did not make the cut. Flat white is too white/stark which is why I went with the metallic.

At this point, unsure what I can do or what I am expecting. It's just disappointing that no one notified me that the change had been made. I did notice the color on MyPorche website. You couldn't tell from the pictures, but when I went to find the production images, in the developer tools, the config showed "white". Asked my sales rep about this and they verbally confirmed it matched spec.

Ideas on what other folks would do?
I am sorry to see you have this issue. I think it is bad customer service to have not informed you of the change in colour, especially given this is a £100k car. It is very surprising, given the fact that it is a completely different paint code. I'm sure you would have told this if the colour was ordered as Cherry or Mamba in my opinion. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. With regards to the colour, I think flat white is a really nice colour on the Taycan, although I get that it is not to everyone's taste. I have mine due in a couple of weeks in this colour, and I am really looking forward to it. Good luck and i hope you enjoy the car when you get it.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One regret I have is not having a full wrap from the beginning. After 3 chips on the front had a front wrap. Now have a rear scratch, so having this repaired and a rear wrap.
So, as others have suggested, I would have the dealer pay for a full wrap in colour of your choice before delivery. I think ultimately would be a win for you.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Obviously, it’s ideal to get what you prefer and what you paid for. Subjectively speaking, pure colors are best. 😏 Objectively, metallic colors are good for hiding imperfections and light soil on the paint. I am a big fan but of pure colors but am content to share this planet with those that believe otherwise.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
There’s a post somewhere on this forum comparing the white and CWM. Not too big a difference. Negotiate a discount but I wouldn’t want to wait another few months ! Also - what would you pick now without a CWM option ?

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
A few people suggested this, but I'd negotiate a discount and use that money to cover either a wrap in the color of your choice or ppf with a matte or metallic finish that you like.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would order the Ice Grey Metallic. When my husband took me to the dealership, I test drove a white Taycan and enjoyed how it drove, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with its appearance. However, when I walked into the showroom and saw the car in Ice Grey with the Mission wheels, I fell in love. Perhaps this happened for a reason. I'm hoping that the facelift will be revealed at the LA Auto Show tomorrow, so I've decided to postpone my order. I don't want to end up with a new car that looks dated.
I've got Ice Grey and love it.

I checked around the web and didn't see any Taycan Facelift announcements coming out of the LA Auto Show. I'm not sure if waiting for the facelift will be worth it or not, but I'm curious what you decide to do.

OP
OP

Fearlesscal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS250, Taycan GTS (looking)
Country flag
So far, dealership has offered some small discounts (2-4K).

Tried some options on taking car and having them lock in a trade-in value while I wait - a no go.

As many have mentioned, looking into getting a matte/stealth PPF wrap and having them cover that. Problem is finding a good shop to do it properly. White car will trap a lot of dirt if they create too many seams.

Did a little research with some other dealers - allocations (at least GTS) have stopped in Canada at least until the spring. They confirmed a new refresh coming for 2025 and typically 4S first and GTS 12-18 months later so if I want to wait, would probably be 2026.

Alternative colours on the list: Ice Grey Metallic (probably) and Chalk/Crayon.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The difference between these two is completely overblown….but I guess that is what the internet is for?

In the end, it is my hope that you are happy….regardless of what you decide.

Good luck 👍

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
After a year long wait since putting down my deposit - the day finally where the car arrived at the dealership.

I got a sneak peak.......and it's beautiful! Except - the car is obviously flat white instead of the Carrara White Metallic that I ordered. I realize CWM was being discontinued at some point this year, and painfully looks like I did not make the cut. Flat white is too white/stark which is why I went with the metallic.

At this point, unsure what I can do or what I am expecting. It's just disappointing that no one notified me that the change had been made. I did notice the color on MyPorche website. You couldn't tell from the pictures, but when I went to find the production images, in the developer tools, the config showed "white". Asked my sales rep about this and they verbally confirmed it matched spec.

Ideas on what other folks would do?
As they say, each unto their own, I really like the “Stormtrooper” look of mine.
Porsche Taycan Car Delivered - but plain white instead of CWM 20D17CDB-40F4-4B60-B89D-A6A064E05F78

Porsche Taycan Car Delivered - but plain white instead of CWM 28BC39AF-D0EB-4F36-837C-EB0390FB69F4

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag

I checked around the web and didn't see any Taycan Facelift announcements coming out of the LA Auto Show. I'm not sure if waiting for the facelift will be worth it or not, but I'm curious what you decide to do.
As they say, each unto their own, I really like the “Stormtrooper” look of mine.
20D17CDB-40F4-4B60-B89D-A6A064E05F78.jpeg

28BC39AF-D0EB-4F36-837C-EB0390FB69F4.jpeg
Gorgeous Car

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag

I didn't find any either. Talked to our sales guy and he said that they will be out this summer. As much as I want to get the car sooner I am patiently waiting.
Sponsored