Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The manual key can be a bit tricky to turn. It requires a bit more force than what feels necessary. You'll feel a somewhat distinct "click" when it actually turns over. I had to try a couple of times at first as it felt like I was close to breaking something.
Thank you, will have a pair of pliers at close hand in future.?
Sponsored

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. That is the second Taycan reported dead in this forum this week without being charged. I am afraid as the weather is getting colder and/or the 12v batteries gets older we will be seeing more and more dead Taycans...
It was around freezing point last night, but the car is only 6 weeks old.?

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
@daveo4EV any new updates here? I got my 2021 last week but it’s been in the detail shop getting paint correction/PPF. Picking up today. As a long time Tesla EV owner this is pretty crazy I didn’t know about this until now. I notice that this started for you 3 months ago and you are very dialed into the situation. From the sounds of things it doesn’t sound like Porsche has a solution yet? I assume you are still In your car or did you get rid of it?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The manual key can be a bit tricky to turn. It requires a bit more force than what feels necessary. You'll feel a somewhat distinct "click" when it actually turns over. I had to try a couple of times at first as it felt like I was close to breaking something.
I can second this.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@RCorsa still have the car - so far it’s only happened the one time - I’m un-aware of any change in status from porsche - but it keeps happening sporadically to other taycans

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Thanks @daveo4EV that’s good to hear. Is there anything you do or don’t do now in hopes of avoiding this issue. From my reading it sound like it is a random software issue?

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
On a positive note, hopefully tootling this modded (inc. roll cage) GT4 through Silverstone in March :rock: With a wonderful MANUAL (stick) box.

Porsche Taycan Car died over night… 1609426989248

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
no I use the vehicle and it’s software as intended - I’m convinced there are no actions/in-actions one can take to cause or avoid this problem - it’s most likely a random software glitch

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just cancelled my car, literally about to pick it up Monday
I was aware of the 12v battery issue and I was waiting for Porsche to fix it before I bought my Taycan. I pulled the trigger after I read about the alleged fix in October... It really sucks to know that it can happen to you any time. I stopped using the mobile app, charging profiles, preheat etc speculating a reduced chance of happening. I also bought a jump starter.. This and a few other issues ruin the experience. Probably the 2022 models will be much better.

Ps. This is my second Porsche after a Macan S. The Macan had issues as well but I decided to give Porsche a second chance. Many Macans with the 3.0 engine had oil leaks from the timing cover which used aluminum bots that were either breaking or getting loose. The lucky owners were not those without a leak but those with the leak during the warranty since it was a $10k-12k job. If you search the Macan forums you will see dozens of owners reporting the issue for 2015-2017 S and GTS models. Porsche never recalled to fix. If it happened under warranty then they would cover it. If outside of warranty the dealer would ask an arm and a leg to fix it even though it was a known issue from factory. Btw the new replacement bolts were steel instead of aluminum.

I hope they have a different approach this time and fix all these common issues for everyone.

Last edited:

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
I was aware of the 12v battery issue and I was waiting for Porsche to fix it before I bought mine. So I pulled the trigger after the alleged fix in October... It really sucks to know that it can happen to you any time. I stopped using the mobile app, charging profiles, preheat etc hopping to reduce the chances of happening. I also bought a jump starter.. This and a few other issues ruin the experience. Probably the 2022 models will be much better.
I wish you the best of luck and I am sure all the foibles are worth it for the gorgeous car. I may join you soon.

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
So, the dealer's garage had the 4S+ in for a checkup regarding the 12 volt issue. As I predicted, they had no clue as to what caused it. They did their computer check thing which returned no faults. Then "reprogrammed the OBC", whatever that means. Also recalibrated the windows, as the driver side front window would leave a gap of about 1 cm whenever it felt like it after closing the door.

The sometimes dead "Drive mode" knob was another thing they couldn't do anything about, since it "was working now" anyway. Was asked to record it next time it happened to give them something to work with. Guess when it happened next? Just as I drove away from the shop.... I recorded it, but haven't been bothered with emailing it to them yet (Outlook limit on video size, need to chop it down). Yes, I could've doubled back immediately, but end of the day, wrong side of town, tired from work, and every other "solution" had been exactly as I expected - that is; close to none.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't blame the dealer (much). I rather blame Porsche Germany for not ironing out these gremlins before selling the cars, and then not staying on top of the problems and helping the dealers with fixing them.

So, keeping my fingers crossed for that "big January update".... so - what month is it yet?