Comfort Entry

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Hi All, is anyone able to confirm whether comfort entry (ie seat moves on entry and exit) is standard on all cars? I’m a week in with my 4s and despite following the manual on how to turn it on it just doesn’t seem to be an option for me.
Sponsored

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Only with 14 way and 18 way.
Needs electric steering column.
it’s manual with base 8 way seats.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
if you have the option in the pcm then it an option is available to you. when you check the box, it does not move seat back when you open door? if not, best to ask dealer to look at.

Last edited:

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I’ll add it doesn’t work intuitively, if you have multiple drivers. You have to lock the doors before the other driver with the other fob uses it, and they have to unlock with their fob.

It’s a pretty Rube Goldberg system, IMO.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I’ll add it doesn’t work intuitively, if you have multiple drivers. You have to lock the doors before the other driver with the other fob uses it, and they have to unlock with their fob.

It’s a pretty Rube Goldberg system, IMO.
Even with a single driver it doesn't work intuitively. You'd think it would move seat/steering-wheel out of the way to exit when driver unbuckles + opens the door, but no, it doesn't. Also, when getting back into the car, it doesn't always bring the seat+steering column back into the position either, especially when charging at DC stations and getting out of the car just to unplug.

It is a very poorly designed/tested feature.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
if you have the option in the pcm then it an option is available to you. when you check the box, it does not move seat back when you open door? if not, best to ask dealer to look at.
Not sure if the feature has been changed in later year models, but in my MY20, it only moves the seat back IF I turn the car off by pressing the power button before opening the door. In such case the steering wheel moves out of the way and the seat moves back a bit.

Just opening the door will not be enough.

Of course you also need the electric adjustments on the steering wheel etc.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if the feature has been changed in later year models, but in my MY20, it only moves the seat back IF I turn the car off by pressing the power button before opening the door. In such case the steering wheel moves out of the way and the seat moves back a bit.

Just opening the door will not be enough.

Of course you also need the electric adjustments on the steering wheel etc.
I've found this to be the case with our 2023 model as well.

I "think" after three weeks of ownership, I've finally figured out what it takes to make it work when different drivers get into the car. That was an unnecessarily frustrating time period...mostly due to my wife expressing her discontent with the car not appearing to recognize her fob and loading her settings.

Who locks their car when it's parked in their garage? I guess we do now. Thanks Porsche. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand VW Group logic for why they can't build their cars to automatically lock when the key fob leaves the vehicle. Every Corvette I've owned since 2007 does this.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I've found this to be the case with our 2023 model as well.

I "think" after three weeks of ownership, I've finally figured out what it takes to make it work when different drivers get into the car. That was an unnecessarily frustrating time period...mostly due to my wife expressing her discontent with the car not appearing to recognize her fob and loading her settings.

Who locks their car when it's parked in their garage? I guess we do now. Thanks Porsche. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand VW Group logic for why they can't build their cars to automatically lock when the key fob leaves the vehicle. Every Corvette I've owned since 2007 does this.
Sorry? You don’t lock your car when it is parked in your garage? I can see the theft risk would be lower, but I would still always lock my car once I’d finished using if for the time being - maybe I’m unusual?!

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry? You don’t lock your car when it is parked in your garage? I can see the theft risk would be lower, but I would still always lock my car once I’d finished using if for the time being - maybe I’m unusual?!
My Corvette locks itself automatically. Otherwise no...there is no rational reason I can think of to lock a car that is stored inside a garage. The garage doors are secure enough that if someone is going to put the effort into defeating them, locked doors on a car aren't going to provide any additional deterrence value.

I don't put my wallet in a safe when I'm inside my home.

...wait...I see you're from the UK? What exactly is a "garage" over there? Is it an open structure that many people use/share to collectively park their cars together, or is it a stand-alone structure, or structure attached to your home where you park only your vehicles? If it's the former, then I would lock it.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My Corvette locks itself automatically. Otherwise no...there is no rational reason I can think of to lock a car that is stored inside a garage. The garage doors are secure enough that if someone is going to put the effort into defeating them, locked doors on a car aren't going to provide any additional deterrence value.

I don't put my wallet in a safe when I'm inside my home.

...wait...I see you're from the UK? What exactly is a "garage" over there? Is it an open structure that many people use/share to collectively park their cars together, or is it a stand-alone structure, or structure attached to your home where you park only your vehicles? If it's the former, then I would lock it.
It’s very much the latter - I would think my approach is common in the UK, but I could be wrong!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All, is anyone able to confirm whether comfort entry (ie seat moves on entry and exit) is standard on all cars? I’m a week in with my 4s and despite following the manual on how to turn it on it just doesn’t seem to be an option for me.
Driver Memory or Comfort Entry?

Comfort Entry is normally a paid for option on most variants.

Check that it has been enabled in the PCM

Porsche Taycan Comfort Entry 1681734943941

Also - Settings - Car - Vehicle Locking - several comfort options here

Porsche Taycan Comfort Entry 1681735139145

Porsche Taycan Comfort Entry 1681735262616

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It’s very much the latter - I would think my approach is common in the UK, but I could be wrong!
I'm with you on this, though I too often see people's complaints that they've had stuff nicked from unlocked cars on the street.
I'd rather not break my ingrained habit of locking my car every time i walk away from it, wherever it is.
I want to be sure that everything is powered down and the alarm is set. I don't trust (and TBH don't even know) what is managed automatically on countdown timer if the car is left unlocked. I don't want to leave the climate control wasting charge.
I want the mirrors folded out of the way.
...I think that's worth the effort of a split-second press of the fob :)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
From reading this forum, I think generally people in the UK lock the car when it's in the garage and those in the US often don't.

I have seen posts on here from US members who even leave their keys in the unlocked car in the garage.

I wish our crime look level was low enough so that we could do that here!
Unfortunately it isn't and there is no deterrent as the criminals seldom get caught - and if they do, the lawyer sells the court a sob story and off they go free to do it again and again.

Sorry....ranting. 😕

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
From reading this forum, I think generally people in the UK lock the car when it's in the garage and those in the US often don't.

I have seen posts on here from US members who even leave their keys in the unlocked car in the garage.

I wish our crime look level was low enough so that we could do that here!
Unfortunately it isn't and there is no deterrent as the criminals seldom get caught - and if they do, the lawyer sells the court a sob story and off they go free to do it again and again.

Sorry....ranting. 😕
I think it’s hugely dependent on geographic location, urban density, local crime rates etc in the US.

I’m in a suburban location with a relatively low crime rate, have private security cops on patrol, have a driveway with a full electronically locked gate on a detached private house in addition to a locked overhead 2 car garage door - so yes I rarely if ever lock my car when secured in my garage.

Exception would be when away on long trips abroad (out of an abundance of caution as at those times I also raise the car on my two car lift!), but this in no way interferes with my habit of locking the vehicle wherever I park it away from home - different strokes, different folks I guess :).
Sponsored