Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
1. How did you have the battery attached to the underside of the seat?
2. Where did you plug the battery into for power?
3. Any tips? Things to watch out for? (I am not particularly skilled ;) ).
1 - Tywrapped/ziptied it to under the seat. It follows the movements of the seat.
2 - Centre console. Cable goes down the side. (The lid closes nicely, cables are only seen if lid is opened!)
3 - It was easy. They (Blackvue) supply you with a tool to make installation so much easier. It does take time, but once it's installed it's pretty much invisible and will be a great thing for you to have.

I've checked a few things a few times. Not much you know, but It's there whenever needed. Highly recommended!

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
New to having a dashcam but it seems like it's a must have now.

That FitcamX hardware looks very clean on the installation and the price is really great compared to the OEM Porsche dashcam.

However, it looks like the software is definitely not as friendly and having to switch to it's wifi network is also not as user friendly. Are there any better options in terms of software? How is Blackvue?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
1 - Tywrapped/ziptied it to under the seat. It follows the movements of the seat.
2 - Centre console. Cable goes down the side. (The lid closes nicely, cables are only seen if lid is opened!)
3 - It was easy. They (Blackvue) supply you with a tool to make installation so much easier. It does take time, but once it's installed it's pretty much invisible and will be a great thing for you to have.

I've checked a few things a few times. Not much you know, but It's there whenever needed. Highly recommended!
Thanks.
I tried fitting it under the passenger seat, but seems really tight (I have the 18 way seats). Seems that when the seat is all the way down, there is zero room for movement and didn’t want it to mess up anything in the mechanics of the seat.

Do you just not have the seat go all the way down? Is that what you found?

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
I installed the FITCAMX the other day…

Looks nicely integrated and seems to work well enough.

i don’t have experience of other systems to compare it to.

They have just updated the mobile app, and it’s pretty straight forward.

Camera turnes on with main ignition, and turned off pretty quickly after the car is turned off. It takes its power from the rain sensor.

interestingly, I have noticed the car randomly turns on now and again… random videos when I’m not using the car are a give away!

I didn’t enjoy installation at all, but then I have no experience of removing car trim.

The sales installation video is very misleading and it’s a lot more fiddly in real life. Also the video was not made on a Taycan and you actually need to remove the parts in a different order from that shown in the video linked in the installation kick start.

Trying to follow that was a disaster and caused a lot of

Support via WhatsApp was fantastic, but frankly I could have done with the right video first time before I got in a real mess and also more detail on tool placement.

They said they would do a Taycan video once they got access to one.

There are a few more components in there Taycan and I panicked when it turned out to be a little more tricky.

It makes a huge difference when you know where the various catches are, sadly that information is only available once you have struggled and potentially forced the wrong bit.

Anyways, it’s installed now and I’m happy with it.

I enclosed a still frame capture from the output of the camera.

Porsche Taycan Dash cams A9C71892-7587-4610-80AA-C4053374A48C

Porsche Taycan Dash cams C194FB56-41D0-43F4-9D4A-563890618C63

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Camera turnes on with main ignition, and turned off pretty quickly after the car is turned off. It takes its power from the rain sensor.
No way to keep it on while parked then?

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'm using a Garmin 67W in the front and Mini 2 in the rear of my Porsche Taycan 4S. The only thing I care about is that it has to work reliability and look good. I've had a Garmin Speak Plus for years in my M3 so I'm familiar with the crappy Garmin Drive App. The important part for me is that you can hardly notice it when installed and if you do notice it, it looks pleasant and not out of place/cheap like some of the other solutions I've researched. I've had the 67W for a month and no complaints so far, the Mini 2 is a new addition and so far so good as well.

Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_8195
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_8200
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_8204
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_8205
Porsche Taycan Dash cams Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 6.48.38 PM
Porsche Taycan Dash cams Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 6.46.35 PM
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_8206
Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_8180

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
kinda surprised a car this expensive does not have this factory installed or with some kind of adapter for it installed.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Received my FitcamX in 3 days from China via DHL - import charges already paid within price. Fitted in 30 mins. Connector fits into the existing rain sensor connector. Looks completely OEM.

6DF6CECE-89D0-4B47-848B-011F8EBC8D2D.jpeg
324FE647-C571-4A95-83B3-4E61CBC9C726.jpeg
8E046197-0E08-41C5-9A0F-30E5D458ECF4.jpeg
509638D4-C787-4F07-B93E-028EFD611BD1.jpeg
A423331B-AFB8-412E-BE7D-D920619900FC.jpeg
D2CD9828-EE54-4429-90D0-F29AF4F34663.jpeg
7246D6C6-B00E-4B3D-9307-1F4171C5BD06.jpeg
It is probably on the mirror connector. I didn't order the dimming mirror (thought it was only for the side mirrors) and bought one to install it myself, but there's no plug to connect it to. So I don't think I would be able to connect the cam.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It is probably on the mirror connector. I didn't order the dimming mirror (thought it was only for the side mirrors) and bought one to install it myself, but there's no plug to connect it to. So I don't think I would be able to connect the cam.
It plugs into the rain sensor and the rain sensor feed wire plugs into the camera. All car's have the rain sensor - so this works for any Taycan.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It plugs into the rain sensor and the rain sensor feed wire plugs into the camera. All car's have the rain sensor - so this works for any Taycan.
Thanks. That way I'll bite the bullet and order one. :)
Sponsored