Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Does anyone with a MY20 have anything in writing when and what will be fixed with the week 13 fix.?
Hi my my20 is booked in next week for spoiler realign ( 2 no attempt)
I’ll call them and see if they can adviseupdates
They collect and deliver the car so advantageous for them to do both at the same time

peter in Yorkshire
Sponsored

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Has anyone in the US received this letter? I am curious to know if this is a phased rollout.
My dealer (BC, Canada) said it was VIN specific - not every car needs it. As mine is working ok (although it definitely has a mind of its own) I am not pushing this until we get some more clarity (from Porsche or in this forum).

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My dealer (BC, Canada) said it was VIN specific - not every car needs it. As mine is working ok (although it definitely has a mind of its own) I am not pushing this until we get some more clarity (from Porsche or in this forum).
Thank you! Interesting. We in the US will be very disappointed if the update doesn't address some of the issues we are seeing here. That means they are still figuring a lot out.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
You have to take the Mobile Charger Connect with you, because the Power and Communication Board of the Charger needs a Firmware Update too. Its not possible to make this update at Home.
Mine is kind of built-in now, not mobile anymore.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I will get the update for my MY21 4S now on March 24th. They keep it for two full working days.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
My car is with my dealer for upgrade now.
tempImageXKLCme.png
Does anyone know what the codes stand for? My letter from Porsche only mentioned WMA6. Here I also read WMA7?!
In some other posting I saw WMA5 and thought this to be the one to bring MY20 to MY21 level with smart-Lift and such?!

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know what the codes stand for? My letter from Porsche only mentioned WMA6. Here I also read WMA7?!
In some other posting I saw WMA5 and thought this to be the one to bring MY20 to MY21 level with smart-Lift and such?!
I don't know they call me some second ago to inform me that one update is locked, i'm going to know why

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@LukeManning

care to comment on:
  • WMA5
  • WMA6
  • WMA7
do they exist?
what are their contents?
are they vin/regional specific?
are people just botching the last digit and there really only one update?

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@LukeManning

care to comment on:
  • WMA5
  • WMA6
  • WMA7
do they exist?
what are their contents?
I think so far everything we have seen have been for MY21 and nothing is known about the MY20. It’s only speculation that the MY20 will get any update that closely resembles MY21 functionality.

I have a 20MY and am hoping for the best but have very little to base this hope on.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@LukeManning

care to comment on:
  • WMA5
  • WMA6
  • WMA7
do they exist?
what are their contents?
I was looking for info about these WMA# and stumbled across this way to check the software and update the charger. Many may have seen this before. First time I have seen this.
https://contact.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/software-update/
First image and link above allow you to enter the serial number of your charger. Second images confirms updated or not. Bottom of second page image (not shown in image) gives you 5 steps to follow in case you need to update.

Now need to find a similar Porsche page that lets us check for PCM updates. Still looking.

Porsche Taycan Dealer Software Update 151DE2DD-E051-4D8F-BD6C-E375DCA9ED2B

Porsche Taycan Dealer Software Update 9AA83787-A9EA-4B41-B072-36F2006C2576

Last edited:

Scott Blue

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone get a letter stating that the car needs to go into the dealer to get a software update which will take 4 hours?
My MY21 just got the update two weeks ago. My car had been taken in to resolve the 12V issue and they released the update a couple days early to address that problem. My car was the first in AZ to get the the update and they mentioned at the time that they were releasing the MY21 update before the MY20 because the MY20 was much more extensive.
Sponsored