Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
2020 model. Two days ago the 12V batter issue, I got it jump started, did a nice drive and life was good.
Today I drove to work, car is now in the garage with the "Electrical System Error. Stop vehicle in a safe place".
Great experience with a car thats 2 months old and has 700 miles.
Now waiting for roadside assistance to tow it to dealer.

To say I'm disappointed would be underselling it quite a bit......

Dan
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just curious, was your car plugged in a home charger when it first died? Were you using a charging profile with a timer?
And how did you jump the car?

Since you are new the forum, that is a very relevant post: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-12v-drain-issues-caught-in-the-act.3729/post-51293

It is extremely disappointing they have not fixed the issue yet and the lack of communication/transparency towards the owners. They could have send instructions to the owners how to reduce the risk of it happening. They just send a TSB to the dealers who would only tell the owner what to do if their car has already experienced the issue.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. Porsche software clearly needs improvement. And my remote climate control has stopped working - again.....

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
My T4S was bricked twice in now 11.5 months, which made me very angry. However, I have to admit that, as soon as it drives again, the anger disappears quickly ;-).

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Let me answer the first question.
First time it happened (last Saturday) car was connected to home charger at 110V. I followed the procedure, got it jump started. I have the profile which say be 85% at 7am and airconditioned.
On Monday drove to office, got it connected to office charger hoping for a long drive home. Got the message car is charged, disconnected it.
30 min later came back to car to leave and got the red "Electrical system error. Stop vehicle in a safe place". Car not able to go into Reverse or Drive. Tried few times, nothing happened.
Came back two hours later car can go into reverse. Got it out of the garage and now waiting for tow truck.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Let me answer the first question.
First time it happened (last Saturday) car was connected to home charger at 110V. I followed the procedure, got it jump started. I have the profile which say be 85% at 7am and airconditioned.
On Monday drove to office, got it connected to office charger hoping for a long drive home. Got the message car is charged, disconnected it.
30 min later came back to car to leave and got the red "Electrical system error. Stop vehicle in a safe place". Car not able to go into Reverse or Drive. Tried few times, nothing happened.
Came back two hours later car can go into reverse. Got it out of the garage and now waiting for tow truck.
Regardless of what Dan did or did not do- this is unacceptable .. hope they give you a free loaner for the entire time your 4s is in the shop

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
And they dont have a loaner....
World class experience Porsche, world class.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Do you keep your keys within 10 meters of the car when parked at home?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And they dont have a loaner....
World class experience Porsche, world class.

Which dealer?
I think what they mean is they don't have a base Macan loaner. Ask them for one of their demo Taycans, Panameras or Cayenne.

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
After 3 12v deaths I definitely sympathize. Check out the thread @chrisk links to. There may be some positive information coming this spring. Which is way to late for a car of this league.
It shouldn’t matter whether we use this or that certified charger, with or without profiles and timers, or keep our keys here nor there.
Other vendors have figured it out. But currently, it is what it is unfortunately.

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stevens Creek Porsche was the closes to the office so thats where the car ended.

D

OP
OP

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
To my big surprise... dealer blew me off.
Nothing they can do, best of luck, keep driving it. If it happens 3 times you can lemon law the car.
The only thing they can do is fix something in the mobile charger. They have no idea why the second issue resulted in the big red battery error message.
I'll go pick it up a bit later.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
To my big surprise... dealer blew me off.
Nothing they can do, best of luck, keep driving it. If it happens 3 times you can lemon law the car.
The only thing they can do is fix something in the mobile charger. They have no idea why the second issue resulted in the big red battery error message.
I'll go pick it up a bit later.
I hope it does not happen again while you drive and your car stalls at a highway. There have been several report of that happening.
Make sure your dealer documents that your car had the electrical fault and they were unable to diagnose. If it happens again you might actually be able to lemon the car on the second occurrence because that is a very serious issue and renders the car unsafe to drive.

p.s. I had a Macan with engine oil leak problems and it was at the dealer 5 times and more than 30days under warranty. They did not care much about the lemon law. It is hard and expensive for the owner to lemon a car and they know it.

Last edited:

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I hope it does not happen again while you drive and your car stalls at a highway. There have been several report of that happening.
Make sure your dealer documents that your car had the electrical fault and they were unable to diagnose. If it happens again you might actually be able to lemon the car on the second occurrence because that is a very serious issue and renders the car unsafe to drive.

p.s. I had a Macan with engine oil leak problems and it was at the dealer 5 times and more than 30days under warranty. They did not care much about the lemon law. It is hard and expensive for the owner to lemon a car and they know it.
There is a free arbitration process in california which is not that expensive (e.g. free) and is binding on the manufacturer.. it does not give up any legal rights.. - https://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/acpprocess.shtml - porsche is a participant.
Sponsored