Electrical system error -- dashboard notification -- anyone else experience this? -- resolution - defective 12v battery

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
What is the dc converter if I may ask
there are many many converters inside the Taycan - AC/DC converter (charger), DC/DC converter (12V DC from main battery), DC/AC Converter (battery power to AC Motors) - probqbly more - but there are many many electrical converters to covert the “raw” battery DC power to various specific voltages for specific purposes…
Sponsored

nickednie

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi Guys,

My Taycan 4s done around 2000 miles and received the Red Electrical System Fault Error around 3 weeks back. The issue occurred after my car was left overnight on AC charge. When I came to drive the car it wouldn't start. Porsche have had the car for the last two weeks and delivered my car back to me a few days back. The advised they had done a battery calibration and advised the 12v battery had drained causing the issue.

I didn't drive it but when they delivered it back, when I tried to drive the car a day later the same warning light appeared and the car wouldn't start.

It's now gone back to Porsche and they have now advised they need to change the main HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY and not the 12v battery as you all have suggested. Service advisor indicated that one of the cells within the battery maybe defective as it wont calibrate again. Ive now been without my car coming up to 4 weeks, i'm currently waiting for a new battery to be delivered from Germany and the car needs to go to be towed to another dealership that has the capabilities of removing the main HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY. ( with a double bay service area and two fork lifts) Service advisor has also mentioned he has had another Taycan with the same issue and Porsche replaced the main HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY.

Ill keep you guys informed but thought ill share this with you all as it maybe a new advisory from head office.

Cheers Guys
Regards

Alex

20210213_141609.jpg
I have the same issue. Its been with Porsche Cambridge dealers for 2 weeks and they have not diagnosed but I believe this is a tactical delay as there are a lot more than we think.
My car had battery issues before i collected the car in Sept 2021 which was brand new. I only done 190 miles and this warning light came up.
Has your car had a battery replacement yet?

D’Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I received the “Electrical System Error Service Required” Yellow Banner two days ago on Christmas Eve.
I’ve had the car for 8 months and 9500 miles and was just thinking to myself how maintenance free it has been.
Luckily, the code seems to have cleared itself; I was prepared to take it to the Dealership on Monday AM if it hadn’t.

PAB

First Name
PAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Taycan Turbo S, Macan Turbo,
Country flag
I wanted to see if the anyone on the forum has received this message? It is the 2nd time I have received it - the first time it just went way when I turned off the car, and turned back on. This time the message has not cleared itself itself after turning the car off and on. I have an appointment with the dealership in the morning, but wanted to see if anyone has experience, or was able to clear themselves. thanks in advance.

IMG_9681.jpg
I had this on day 1 of ownership, a year ago. Dealer told me to lock the car and walk away WITH THE KEY and stay away for 15 Minutes. When I returned all was fine, and no problem since. ALSO: when I leave home for several weeks I use a Porsche trickle charger on the 12v battery. If your problem is a dead battery, can you trickle charge it back to health?

Wibie

First Name
Wim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s. Tesla X
Country flag
Sorry to hear - our 6 weeks old 4s gave the same error message and drow also the 12v - it took the dealer 2 weeks to agree with the factory that the main DCconverter was broken and needed replacement. The piece is however in backlog - very worrying that it takes them more time to diagnose a problem then to produce the car let alone Not carying spares to fix it.So the car wil be longer in the repair shop then on the road. Great car when it drives … Luckely we can count on our 4y old Tesla X

Last edited:

Olli-X

First Name
Oli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks a lot for these postings.
I had this error message in September and again beginning of December. Couldn't move the Taycan for an hour. 12v battery had been replaced in September but error appeared again in December. Car was three times in service. DC/DC converter has not been replaced to my knowledge.
Taycan dead since 1st August. After driving the Taycan on Sunday I received on Monday the message "Bordnetzstoerung" (red). Taycan could not be moved; On/off, waiting etc. did not work. Taycan was lifted out of small parking lot and moved on the 3rd August to Porsche Service. Porsche headquarter advised to replace three cells. Will take a while, not repaired yet. Taycan 4s of 02/2020 was driven carefully; very few high power charges; always 70-80% charging state when not used. Average energy consumption since delivery: 17.7 kWh / 100 Km.

Over the last two and half years the "Taycan and I" spent about two weeks at dealers for software and hardware issues that occurred while driving (electric motor stopped), after moving out of parking garage or because of updates.
Porsche Taycan Electrical system error --  dashboard notification  --  anyone else experience this?  --  resolution  -  defective 12v battery image001

Last edited:

godiva92

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had this on day 1 of ownership, a year ago. Dealer told me to lock the car and walk away WITH THE KEY and stay away for 15 Minutes. When I returned all was fine, and no problem since. ALSO: when I leave home for several weeks I use a Porsche trickle charger on the 12v battery. If your problem is a dead battery, can you trickle charge it back to health?
I had exactly the same problem like yours. I was lucky that the car is park in my garage in the morning and try to use it after work then it show the red warning “first time I saw” then it is not moveable and not charge as well. I have no choice but just call the service to tow it away next day.

My Taycan was preordered in Hong Kong and received it in Nov 2020, since then the car has a lot of big and small issues. The most frustration problem should be this one “Warning light indicating a high-voltage battery defect”. I recall the first time it pop up is during mid of 2021 which is only yellow warning light and the car is still move like normal. I immediately contact Porsche service but their reply is “That’s normal system upgrade message and nothing to worry about and no need to return for service”. The warning signal then turn off next time I drove the car since then this signal pop up once or twice a month all in yellow colour until 2022 July I decided to have a complete check up again. After it back to service I haven’t heard from them for more than two weeks, then I decide to call and find out there are at least 5 other Taycan has same issue. I asked for solution but the Porsche service reply “This is a very new car and we don’t know how to fix it! And need further instruction from Germany.” Oh my god, I paid an expensive price for a car they don’t know how to fix it and have to sit in the service centre indefinitely that’s the basic idea I received from the technician. So I request to have my car back as the service centre said the Taycan is safe to drive anyway that just a warning signal. I had it back for three weeks with the yellow warning signal always on this time until two days ago it show red signal and completely dead. Now the service centre told me the car warranty is about to expired…. WTF they talk about the car is on and off in service centre for almost two months with issue they don’t know how to fix. And the first thing they told me is the warranty about to gone?! That’s the Porsche after sales and service in Hong Kong, anyone considering or already preorder Taycan think twice don’t buy!

Porsche Taycan Electrical system error --  dashboard notification  --  anyone else experience this?  --  resolution  -  defective 12v battery tempImagecTW6SF

Porsche Taycan Electrical system error --  dashboard notification  --  anyone else experience this?  --  resolution  -  defective 12v battery tempImageaKBrVY

PAB

First Name
PAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Taycan Turbo S, Macan Turbo,
Country flag
Sorry for your problems. Completely unacceptable attitude and service from your Porsche dealer.Bring the issue up to the global CEO of Porsche In an email. Without feedback they won’t be aware of the problems.

godiva92

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sorry for your problems. Completely unacceptable attitude and service from your Porsche dealer.Bring the issue up to the global CEO of Porsche In an email. Without feedback they won’t be aware of the problems.
Thanks for your reply, do you have the global CEO of Porsche contact?

Olli-X

First Name
Oli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had exactly the same problem like yours. I was lucky that the car is park in my garage in the morning and try to use it after work then it show the red warning “first time I saw” then it is not moveable and not charge as well. I have no choice but just call the service to tow it away next day.

My Taycan was preordered in Hong Kong and received it in Nov 2020, since then the car has a lot of big and small issues. The most frustration problem should be this one “Warning light indicating a high-voltage battery defect”. I recall the first time it pop up is during mid of 2021 which is only yellow warning light and the car is still move like normal. I immediately contact Porsche service but their reply is “That’s normal system upgrade message and nothing to worry about and no need to return for service”. The warning signal then turn off next time I drove the car since then this signal pop up once or twice a month all in yellow colour until 2022 July I decided to have a complete check up again. After it back to service I haven’t heard from them for more than two weeks, then I decide to call and find out there are at least 5 other Taycan has same issue. I asked for solution but the Porsche service reply “This is a very new car and we don’t know how to fix it! And need further instruction from Germany.” Oh my god, I paid an expensive price for a car they don’t know how to fix it and have to sit in the service centre indefinitely that’s the basic idea I received from the technician. So I request to have my car back as the service centre said the Taycan is safe to drive anyway that just a warning signal. I had it back for three weeks with the yellow warning signal always on this time until two days ago it show red signal and completely dead. Now the service centre told me the car warranty is about to expired…. WTF they talk about the car is on and off in service centre for almost two months with issue they don’t know how to fix. And the first thing they told me is the warranty about to gone?! That’s the Porsche after sales and service in Hong Kong, anyone considering or already preorder Taycan think twice don’t buy!

tempImagecTW6SF.png

tempImageaKBrVY.png
I am sorry to read that you have the same issue. To my knowledge the high voltage battery has a much longer warranty.

Last edited:

Olli-X

First Name
Oli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am understanding that you have two Taycan. Any issues/problems so far?

godiva92

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes but that's only for the battery and seem like the service center in Hong Kong has absolutely no idea what's wrong with my car although it said clearly it is the high voltage battery defect. It might related to the cost so they don't want to fix it.