Discount off custom build

Ganv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello everyone,

If the dealer offers a percentage discount off custom build, how is this applied? I understand we can make changes in options till the freeze date and hence changing MSRP. Will the dealer give an invoice with discount only after freeze date? I placed a deposit based off on verbal offer from dealer and haven't seen any discount on initial order invoice.

Can anyone provide insight on how this works? Thanks!
Sponsored

AmpedUp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I simply confirmed the discount in writing via email. It was not on the build sheet. Just confirm with them in writing the percentage and that they have it in their order notes.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I simply confirmed the discount in writing via email. It was not on the build sheet. Just confirm with them in writing the percentage and that they have it in their order notes.
This is what I did. We verbally agreed on a percentage discount off MSRP, and I asked for it in writing along with all extra fees the dealer charges. My salesman sent me an email. I felt that was sufficient.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I was offered 2% off and told $1500 of that would be in form of rebate.

OP
OP

Ganv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thank you all for your input! I tried to get it in writing, but my SA resassured that he will make sure that its taken off at purchase.

alboogie7

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2018 Range Rover Supercharged
Country flag
I have tried and no one in SOCAL is offering me any discounts on my custom build...Any suggestions?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I have tried and no one in SOCAL is offering me any discounts on my custom build...Any suggestions?
Try some out of State smaller Dealers. Obviously it doesn’t matter where you purchase the Car. The Car can be shipped anywhere. I don’t think you will find any discounts in SOCAL. Maybe 1%.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Thank you all for your input! I tried to get it in writing, but my SA resassured that he will make sure that its taken off at purchase.
If you have a long standing relationship with your salesman and know for a fact that he and the current sales/general manager will still be around when it's time to make the purchase arrangements, then you will probably be fine.

That said, I'm curious as to why he was unwilling to put something in writing. I have an excellent salesman from whom I've purchased 5 Porsches over a 14 year period. I consider him a personal friend. Still, he placed a written and signed agreement in my order folder which documented the promised discount on my custom order. Just saying.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Very hard to get a discount on RWD & 4s. More room on Turbo & Turbo S

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Maybe I'm crazy but I gave up a 4SCT allocation since the dealership was only giving $1,000 off. Besides disliking the SA I was working with, the dealership that I bought my other P Cars from offered me nearly 5% off to earn my business back. The sales manager promised me the first 4SCT allocation they get. On a $135K build, the number is substantial enough to foster some patience for me. I must admit, it sure was sad to see my tracked dream disappear. :crying:

ACGNerd

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan RWD in Frozen Blue Metallic
Country flag
Maybe I'm crazy but I gave up a 4SCT allocation since the dealership was only giving $1,000 off. Besides disliking the SA I was working with, the dealership that I bought my other P Cars from offered me nearly 5% off to earn my business back. The sales manager promised me the first 4SCT allocation they get. On a $135K build, the number is substantial enough to foster some patience for me. I must admit, it sure was sad to see my tracked dream disappear. :crying:
It is already super lucky for you to get 5% off... I called a couple dealers near me and none of them are willing to give any discounts for my custom Taycan RWD order.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
If you have a long standing relationship with your salesman and know for a fact that he and the current sales/general manager will still be around when it's time to make the purchase arrangements, then you will probably be fine.

That said, I'm curious as to why he was unwilling to put something in writing. I have an excellent salesman from whom I've purchased 5 Porsches over a 14 year period. I consider him a personal friend. Still, he placed a written and signed agreement in my order folder which documented the promised discount on my custom order. Just saying.
Hi Mike, about to place an order for a 2022 CT and was curious what dealership you use.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Yeah, don't think huge discounts are available right now. Dealer's are lucky to have any new stock as it is, and it's been my experience talking with several Texas, NM, and Arizona dealers that most of their inventory gets sold off before it even hits the lot. My local Porsche dealer has 3 new cars on the lot right now, everything else is "incoming". I've seen a few pretty special builds that are certainly custom orders that fell apart still sitting on a few lots, maybe there can be discounts there, but otherwise, unless you're buying really high trim and spec models, I can't imagine dealers are very willing to play ball right now when there are people lining up to grab whatever becomes available.

A few told me they usually offer a discount for returning customers on allocations, but in some cases, multiple customers are vying for the same build slot so even that is going away. When I lucked into a September CT4 build, I didn't even bother asking since it was close to freeze date. He ended up giving me a whole $1k off the MRSP for being a return customer, and is giving me a very nice value on my 4S trade in, which in Texas, basically will eliminate any tax burden.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Hi Mike, about to place an order for a 2022 CT and was curious what dealership you use.
I've purchased through Porsche of Marin. They had a change of ownership in the last couple of years and there has been some turnover but as a long time customer I've been treated well. My salesman is Michael Gray and he's been there since at least 2007. Ask for him. I can't guarantee a discount but Michael is a straight up guy who works hard for his customers and knows his product. Tell him Mike with the silver Taycan 4S in Santa Rosa referred you.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
It is a kind of strange thing to see market situation in the US from EU, especially from Eastern EU. Your problem probably your high general buying power compare to the available nr of cars (allocations). From this point of view we are maybe lucky heir because allocations are higher than the buying power I mean dealer have (in my country only one P dealership) more cars (allocations) than able to sell locally. With this reason Western EU car flippers buy back the cars partly, but this is a different story.
So real local buyers enjoying (much) bigger discounts on MSRP with shorter (2-3 months) delivery times. Additionally you can get the car in a week after production due to short transportation distances.
I am afraid US dealers taking huge financial advantages from the situation.
Sponsored