First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, let’s take a close look. The “fun” was when I got the money back when I sold the car, and the “hilarious” is that someone else now has to deal with these problems. I loved the car until it made me hate it, and it was “fun” at the beginning. But that faded quickly as all the problems and “updates” needed to be fixed. Having a car in the shop repeatedly doesn’t work for me, or my other 2 buddies that bailed before me. If it makes you happy, then god bless you. Takes a bit more than a overpriced and under developed car to do that for me …..

With warm personal regards,

john
John:

I’m sorry to hear your experience was so problematic and that Your friends also had poor experiences. Life on the bleeding edge of technology can be tough sometimes.

I have enjoyed every minute with my Taycan and it’s been the best car I’ve ever owned. I hope you’ll consider giving it a second chance after a couple of years, although I know that’s probably unlikely.

Sam
Sponsored

Jon Snow

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan, 2021 Porsche Macan
Country flag
MY 2020 4s received email regarding update and app connection improvent described.

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hey guys.

I'll be on a trip when this update is pushed out. The valets at the hotel where I'm staying typically park the car underground where there is little to no signal. Also of note: I never use any Porsche Connect services, never have installed the app, and car stays in privacy mode. Not sure if any of this matters but am just giving the background in case it does.

Question: Can I just pass on this update, or at least delay it? It's clearly not a clean, seamless experience and I just won't have time for the incessant "fiddling" and debugging, etc. that it apparently requires. What problems might I run into by ignoring the update? Will Plug-n-Charge still work? What about CarPlay? Those are really the only two things I care about.

Thanks!

(June 2021 Turbo S)

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I never use any Porsche Connect services, never have installed the app, and car stays in privacy mode. Not sure if any of this matters but am just giving the background in case it does.

Question: Can I just pass on this update, or at least delay it? It's clearly not a clean, seamless experience and I just won't have time for the incessant "fiddling" and debugging, etc. that it apparently requires. What problems might I run into by ignoring the update? Will Plug-n-Charge still work? What about CarPlay? Those are really the only two things I care about.
Given what little information that we have on this update, it would all be speculation. I suppose we'll all just find out. I'm hoping that the server side upgrades will address a lot of the issues which seem connected to system timeouts and the default response to them. You have a shot at being able to pass if you continue to operate in Guest Mode, but the mode itself has some server communications, so it's hard to say.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hey guys.

I'll be on a trip when this update is pushed out. The valets at the hotel where I'm staying typically park the car underground where there is little to no signal. Also of note: I never use any Porsche Connect services, never have installed the app, and car stays in privacy mode. Not sure if any of this matters but am just giving the background in case it does.

Thanks!

(June 2021 Turbo S)
Just wait after tomorrow and see.
This update can be done at the workshop too when you visit.
-Plug&charge: use card for the duration if it doesn't work anymore (which I doubt).
-Carplay doesn't work with the MyPorsche app so should be no problem.

Note: it's about the connection of the MyPorsche app to the new server system, nothing more.
The new connection can take a few days to work properly as stated in your email.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Just two hours to go before the start of a large migration for Porsche Engineering. I've done a few of these in my career and they always throw up a surprise or two – so good luck to the team.

Despite the complaints all impacted Taycan owners are rooting for you and a successful migration.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Despite the complaints all impacted Taycan owners are rooting for you and a successful migration.
Agreed. I am certain they had good reasons (performance/reliability etc) for making such a major change, and we'll feel the benefits once it's behind us.

I'm just glad they are continuing to update things! Bugs are quickly forgotten and forgiven once fixed. Even really bad ones.

Reactions: Dee

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. I am certain they had good reasons (performance/reliability etc) for making such a major change, and we'll feel the benefits once it's behind us.

I'm just glad they are continuing to update things! Bugs are quickly forgotten and forgiven once fixed. Even really bad ones.
😳

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Are there other MY 2020 owners that have not received any communications about this yet?

I have a MY 2020 TTS and no e-mail received. I am not having any issues (knocks wood) but don’t want to lose communication with the car/app either.
I have a 2020 4S and did get the e-mail last week plus a reminder e-mail today. My car was built around the end of August 2020.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S and did get the e-mail last week plus a reminder e-mail today. My car was built around the end of August 2020.
Thanks. So random. My 2020 TTS was built in June of 2020 and no contact at all.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Why are you here?
Well, my experience with the Taycan is fortunately not the same as John’s, but he is absolutely entitled to sell his car if he feels that it is too much trouble and aggravation for him. As a current, former, or prospective Taycan owner, he is very welcome to participate on this forum IMHO. I am always interested to read both your lively posts and his.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
So it is April 27th, 08:00 and I have been out to my car and either the update has not happened yet or I had to do nothing as all my connected services are working. The built-in Apple Music, navigation, weather and the Connect app as well. Anybody else ?

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
myPorsche app is not showing me any data since a few days.
Porsche Connect is also dead since then.
Browser can show some trip data but looks not so confident for connect services:
Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… 1651040678812

will check the car soon.