McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Picked it up today.

To be sure it was repaired I started pre conditioning half an hour before arrival. Freezing outside. Car was warm and battery more than 10 degrees.

Reading this forum I knew about the heater problem and recongnozed it immediately.

Really happy how things were handled bij Carrera Motors Porsche centrum East Flanders. Everything working after a week.

I am taking the car on a trip in two weeks and mentioned that in several mails I sent them last weekend.
Sponsored

gordietbh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, 911 C2, Mk2 Golf, Mk1 Jetta Coupe
Country flag
Well mines still at the dealer with no confirmed fix date, starting to lose patience with the car now.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
got the car back today, they replaced the HV heater, it's working fine now. I will try the pre-heat tomorrow as that's how the issue started.

they also did the first service on my Taycan, changed the air filter, brake fluid, and polished some minor scratches on the rear spoiler(this is outside of the standard maintenance tariff)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I believe there is a trip report in the forum from an owner who picked his Taycan up from dealer in CO? - or maybe further east - and drove it to PNW year or more ago. Wrote it was a great trip.
Edited to add: Chicago -Seattle 2400 miles 4 days
That’s my plan as well, and I admit I’m reading with some trepidation all the heater threads. The dealer says PDI includes checking the heater, though it’s unclear to me exactly what caused this recent rash of failures (and whether they’d be able to reproduce the conditions). I don’t recall seeing such reports from owners in consistently cold climates, wondering if it has to do with rapid drops in temp (from above to below freezing).

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
That’s my plan as well, and I admit I’m reading with some trepidation all the heater threads. The dealer says PDI includes checking the heater, though it’s unclear to me exactly what caused this recent rash of failures (and whether they’d be able to reproduce the conditions). I don’t recall seeing such reports from owners in consistently cold climates, wondering if it has to do with rapid drops in temp (from above to below freezing).
my dealer picked during PDI with my brand new Taycan GTS the heating issues. I’m very grateful they did! I’m still waiting for parts since 2 December and told its likely another 4 weeks

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Count me in as well. 2022 TTS model, built Nov22, '21 with ~6Kmiles on. Just diagnosed, part ordered, no ETA... just got the car back two weeks ago after it sat at the dealer a month for replacing the HV charger. I thought it may be related but SA said the heater is a very common problem and they have 5 other taycans in with the same problem.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Count me in as well. 2022 TTS model, built Nov22, '21 with ~6Kmiles on. Just diagnosed, part ordered, no ETA... just got the car back two weeks ago after it sat at the dealer a month for replacing the HV charger. I thought it may be related but SA said the heater is a very common problem and they have 5 other taycans in with the same problem.
It being a common problem, you'd think they would keep a truck-full of them on hand.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Got a call from my dealer literally the next day they fixed it. So your mileage may vary.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Got a call from my dealer literally the next day they fixed it. So your mileage may vary.
Experienced Porsche dealers probably order a bunch of heaters before temperatures drop every year. ;)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am wondering whether uPdate has something to do with it?

Coincidence that all the 2020 and 2021 cars that have been fine in previous winters are now all faulting at the same time as new cars?

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Lots of cars were failing last winter before the update as well unfortunately; seems likely it's a mechanical problem in some form.

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I am wondering whether uPdate has something to do with it?

Coincidence that all the 2020 and 2021 cars that have been fine in previous winters are now all faulting at the same time as new cars?
I think it's simply because it's cold. These auxiliary heaters are only used when it's fairly cold. Therefore they will fail in the winter.
Sponsored