How would you spec differently next time?

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is perfect for my use case. I would like to have better sports seats with massage function. Craving comfort over design.

Electric sports sound is nice but nothing more than a gimmick the way it is implemented. No settings, no easy access:

1. Button on steering wheel to switch on/off
2. Settings to change volume level outside
3. Settings to change volume level inside
4. Many more detailed settings possible to create sound for certain situations to make it really useful

I don't regret it, but it clearly is the least useful feature in the car.
The diamond button on steering wheel turns sport sound on and off, if you set it that way
Sponsored

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
All the driving assist stuff ist waste of money to me.

Glas roof gives a very nice open air feel
Sport Sound much cooler than I tought at first, though I admit it's a bit a show off for the kids and passers-by
Sport Chrono a must in a Porsche
I love rear steering, too; if you live on the country side, you can spare, of course
Love seat cooling (in a few months)
PDCC is amazing, but doesn't change the world
I haven't driven car with PDCC. Is it that different? would you notice it in day to day driving ?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Yes, and I needed to have a radar detector installed. There was no chance a radar detector would work with that insulation.
Took a bit of jerry rigging but it does. Well worth the trouble.
Porsche Taycan How would you spec differently next time? 0A4FBD7D-E03F-4883-AC2A-E20200E8088C

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had a look on the configurator and there's not much I'd change from my 4S. Someone mentioned that the ski bag now gets you the 40:20:40 split without having the 4+1 seats and I think I might have gone for that.

Otherwise I have volcano grey with black extended leather interior and maybe red interior with black seat centres would have been good. I have the 20in Turbo Aero wheels for winter and the 21 Exclusives in black for summer. Looking forward to the 21s but to be honest the 20s look great.

What I'd really like is a luggage net that fits the hooks in the trunk, has anyone found one?
This one fits mine fine and it's only $23 from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RIW1GCE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I haven't driven car with PDCC. Is it that different? would you notice it in day to day driving ?
You would notice it, but not that much in regular traffic. The most interesting difference I felt when you do LC and wiggle the steering wheel. Then my Taycan without PDCC starts shaking. I am totally ok without it.

AhsanU

First Name
Ahsan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GT3
Country flag
Anyone get the heads up display on 2021 cars and regret it? I'll be going to my dealership when it's time to spec out my Taycan Turbo CT, and there are two things I'm heavily debating: exterior paint, and heads up display.

Paint is subjective, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to compromise the amazingly sleek look of the dash/instrument cluster for the heads up display. It may sound silly, but one of my biggest draws to the Taycan was just how good the instrument cluster and dash looks. The HUD doesn't ruin it exactly, but does take away from how good it looks IMO.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
I would eliminate:

1. space ship sound
2. passenger display (unless they release additional functionality)

I would add:

1. rear axle steering

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I had a HUD in my Panamera and would have spec’d my Taycan without it even if it didn’t change the dash.

I never liked it that much once the novelty wore off.

The Taycan instrument panel is quiet high up and in your eyeline when driving.

I prefer my car without it and I ticked every other tech option:)

Also pick Neptune Blue for exterior colour unless you are in Ireland.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
apparently I would get “porsche dashcam” preparation - so I could purchase and install that new accessory.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Collected my Taycan S in Gentian Blue with Crayon full leather. Very happy with that, especially with the side skirts and glass roof.

The dealer collected me from the station in a ‘base’ Neptune Blue model, which I thought looked dull and flat.

Still getting used to the car, but from an aesthetic point of view, the Sports Chrono clock looks crap and is an anachronism in the cockpit. I don’t think I’ll ever use it.
Sponsored