January 2023 Deliveries

oailamc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My status shifted to 'en route to porsche dealer' just today. Was at Benecia since 1/9 and heading to Porsche Tacoma, WA.
Darn, too bad your truck is heading North or else I could have hitched a ride to PECLA.
Sponsored

gkiratbajwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Darn, too bad your truck is heading North or else I could have hitched a ride to PECLA.
Maybe try contacting your SA. TYD is not frequently updated. It switched to en route in the morning and has now reached the dealer (which is physically impossible). Apparently it was trucked on 1/21 and reached today. I haven't heard back from my SA though. I hope it has the 12v battery and bose. Don't wanna wait any longer.

Vinsanity

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
New to this forum and eagerly awaiting my Gentian blue beauty soon. It got off Siem Cicero a couple of days ago and has been at port processing stage for 2 days now. Any idea what exactly they do at port processing? Hoping it wont take more than a couple of more days before getting on a truck to ATL by end of week. Good luck everyone on getting your rides soon...

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine’s been at the port in San Diego since Jan 6. Dealer said a week ago it was released for transport, with no stop sale or missing parts that they could see. Fully expecting the heater to be busted after sitting for 5 months, and I’ll get to wait for that too.

edit: switched to “en route to dealer” this morning, bout damn time!

Last edited:

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer today confirming that our car came of Siem Cicero and is sitting in Jacksonville. He did not have a definite answer regarding its arrival at the dealership in Charleston. “It could be a day or a week, we are short handed “ is a direct quote. 🤷🏼‍♂️So close…….

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer today confirming that our car came of Siem Cicero and is sitting in Jacksonville. He did not have a definite answer regarding its arrival at the dealership in Charleston. “It could be a day or a week, we are short handed “ is a direct quote. 🤷🏼‍♂️So close…….
Hmm... why would shorthanded dealer have anything to do with port processing and transport? Does the dealer send people down there to process and bring back the cars?

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
Hmm... why would shorthanded dealer have anything to do with port processing and transport? Does the dealer send people down there to process and bring back the cars?
When he said we I took it as meaning Porsche North America not Porsche of Charleston. Obviously the dealer doesn’t go and pick up the car.

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
The auto transport companies are short handed. Car deliveries for every brand out of Jaxport are erratic at best.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
When he said we I took it as meaning Porsche North America not Porsche of Charleston. Obviously the dealer doesn’t go and pick up the car.
That's what I thought, but then again, I read here that some cars were stuck at port waiting for parts, which would imply they actually have Porsche certified staff at the port to work on them, rather than just general port staff. Does the port have permanent Porsche staff?

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
That's what I thought, but then again, I read here that some cars were stuck at port waiting for parts, which would imply they actually have Porsche certified staff at the port to work on them, rather than just general port staff. Does the port have permanent Porsche staff?
No idea who or what is at the port! Never been there.

sgimips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo, 2018 540d
Country flag
My understanding is that Porsche has a group of staff which rotate between ports to do this work, at least in the US.

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
conspiracy much?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Any idea what exactly they do at port processing?
Port processing entails a final inspection before Porsche releases the car to the dealer, printing the Monroney sheet, adding the owners manuals. If there are campaigns open (retrofitting missing parts, updates etc.) those get done as well.