TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
If fires occurred as often as the author alleges from his source, then there would be a lot more discussions about them in this forum.

And the battery warranty in the USA is 8 years / 100,000 mi, not the 3 years / 60,000 km mentioned in the article.

I have my doubts.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
If fires occurred as often as the author alleges from his source, then there would be a lot more discussions about them in this forum.
My Taycan caught fire 16 times last week. I was going to mention it earlier, but I forgot.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You know what, I was one of those absolute sceptics replying to the old post on this. However after two years, my 2020 decided to throw up the red ring of death electrical failure last week. No fire, but it triggered the fuse on my EVSE which is on a separate circuit to the house. Flat bed, dealer, and now at Porsche HQ for in depth battery cell testing. I’m not a conspiracy nut (seriously) but I am now worried about what they are doing to my car over there. Dam Teslarati getting into my head.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Google ‘Porsche Taycan fire’ and see how many instances you come up with. I get three. One in Florida, one in Canada, and one in SoCal. And there are what 40-50,000 Taycans on the road?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
“While 160,000 km is an average battery warranty in the industry, Porsche confirmed to me the 100,000 km lower, 60,000 km warranty and its restrictions”

Looking at my contract and battery warranty and it says it’s for 160,000 km.

This article reads like a smear campaign by Tesla fans or bulls or some contracted work. There are “public relations” businesses dressed as investor advisories that do this for a fee, all with the goal of maintaining a company’s valuation. The reverse is also true but is frequently presented in a negative light burnishing “evil short selllers”.

Every single car company is now after Tesla’s market share. Let’s see how the stock holds up at these valuations.
Sponsored

Last edited: