Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I'm in the Midwest and have literally only seen one other Taycan within 50 miles of my base. I ran into one at a Wal*Mart EA charging station but that was it. You would almost think the Taycan was a flying saucer based upon the locals' reactions. Hopefully Porsche will sell some of these outside of CA, NY and FL so that the rest of us can drive around without being "stalked" by Instagramers and the like. But in fairness, the car is a freak'n thing of beauty -- as far as cars go. On the Panamera subject, you may not be able to easily distinguish them from yours, but trust me, Panamera drivers know the difference -- my neighbor has a Panamera Turbo and she is green with envy over the Taycan's good looks.
The epicenter of Taycans is in Beverly hills and the surrounding areas.
I counted 8 in a few hours on Sunday.

I lost count of Urus
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I test drove the Lucid Air Grand Touring for an hour.

Overall it's a very nice car. IMO it doesn't compare to a Taycan though.

I was impressed by the steering feel, had a good amount of feedback, much better than E-Tron GT.
Handling and suspension were good, but it wasn't anything how journalists described it. It wasn't like driving on glass on the garbage LA roads. I made sure to use the normal streets which the sales team also wanted me to try. It didnt handle like a Porche the way MT described it. I was driving 75 on the curvy roads for a small stretch and I really felt the weight and some body roll. They asked me to keep it close to the speed limit at the point.
In Taycan it feels like it's on rails on that same stretch.

Interior quality is excellent, Napa leather is like the Taycan Club Sport, seats were comfortable, back seat is very roomy.
I will say the battery cutout for legroom in the rear for the J1 platform is very underrated. It's hard to sit with your knees up.
Cabin feel was airy, felt more like an S Class, Taycan is a sports car that hugs you.
Canopy windshield was better than I thought, not invasive.
The car feels much smaller than the actual size.

Build quality, fit finish, materials were excellent.

The car gets a lot of looks. Everyone stares at it. It has low slung roof which gives it a more aggressive look.
The front facia doesn't do it for for me at all. The look of the car doesn't do it for me In general. Stale is how I would describe it.

We were at 50% SOC did a launch 2x, it felt like a 5sec 0-60. It's pre production so that's fine. Taycan Turbo I wanted to vomit for 5 hours after. ❤
The car wants to drive above 70. It would be perfect for the Autobahn.
I had it on high Regen was very aggressive but I like that.

I feel the Lucid lacked the soul I'm yearning for. It was much better than Model S, but that doesn't have a soul either.
I would call it the very next level beyond Model S.
Is you're looking for a luxury EV Cruiser than Lucid is a fantastic car. If you want to feel the emotional connection than Taycan or even Audi E-Tron GT are the winners

20220314_122941.jpg
20220314_122918.jpg
20220314_122909.jpg
20220314_120740.jpg
Very nice write-up. thanks for the comparison to Tesla and Taycan, and for the pictures too.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Not really, he says: "It has a non-user-openable frunk filled with crap instead of storage space"

That is nonsense! Who on earth needs a small frunk if you have a massive boot. It disqualifies the whole review of being a silly rant.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The epicenter of Taycans is in Beverly hills and the surrounding areas.
I counted 8 in a few hours on Sunday.

I lost count of Urus
We have 4 Taycans and 4 Rolls Royce in our little development alone. I see more and more on the roads.

My wife talked to friends, they were looking to buy an EV first time. They asked here about T. She said my husband thinks its no good, but he likes his Taycan. Guess what they bought... :angel:

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
Not really, he says: "It has a non-user-openable frunk filled with crap instead of storage space"

That is nonsense! Who on earth needs a small frunk if you have a massive boot. It disqualifies the whole review of being a silly rant.
So, to be clear, he is wrong about every aspect of the vehicle because you don't see how anyone could want a frunk?

Interesting conclusion.

I've driven one and I agree with almost all of his opinions.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Lucid has some great range, and I’d compare it favorably to a Tesla, especially build quality and interior. that’s all I got.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
So, to be clear, he is wrong about every aspect of the vehicle because you don't see how anyone could want a frunk?

Interesting conclusion.

I've driven one and I agree with almost all of his opinions.
How often have you used your frunk? Me: once in my Taycan, never in my MS90D for 7 years, does it even exist?

Merc came to the same conclusion, so why is he ranting about? :rolleyes:

Reactions: B61

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
How often have you used your frunk? Me: once in my Taycan, never in my MS90D for 7 years, does it even exist?

Merc came to the same conclusion, so why is he ranting about? :rolleyes:
Half a dozen times in the 3 weeks we've owned it. Live in Florida and we're outside a lot. It's an excellent place for the cooler.

Bonus points for the dry-ice smoke coming out when you lift your hood. More than one parking lot fool has assumed we were overheating. To be clear, they seem happy to see a Porsche in distress until they realize we're just having more fun than they are.

No need for the hate. I mean, how could it even be possible that no-frunk is better than has-frunk?
Sponsored