REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Hi I just took delivery of my Taycan turbo in Brisbane Australia and the ride height is very high.

The only options available are lift and medium in the settings.
Setting the height two different modes does not change the stationary height of the vehicle.
When travelling above 100km/h in Range Mode the car does lower and the option Lower mode appears and then disappears when you slow down.
This is the same for all of the demo vehicles here that we have checked.
Every other region as well as the owners manual shows the four driving modes that should be able to be selected however they are missing.

Does it take time for the suspension to adjust? then these options become available? Has anyone come across this before?
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Does it take time for the suspension to adjust? then these options become available? Has anyone come across this before?
Hi

Do you have Sports Chrono? Does it lower if you put it in Sport Plus?
If you don't have Sports Chrono you should still be able to select Sport mode in the PCM which is slightly lower.
You should get an icon on the right side of the dash indicating the current suspension setting when it's in Low or Lowest.
Yes it takes a few seconds to adjust but that doesn't appear to restrict the settings available in the PCM.
Seems very odd.

The dealer has taken the car out of Transport Mode, right? ...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi I just took delivery of my Taycan turbo in Brisbane Australia and the ride height is very high.

The only options available are lift and medium in the settings.
Setting the height two different modes does not change the stationary height of the vehicle.
When travelling above 100km/h in Range Mode the car does lower and the option Lower mode appears and then disappears when you slow down.
This is the same for all of the demo vehicles here that we have checked.
Every other region as well as the owners manual shows the four driving modes that should be able to be selected however they are missing.

When stationary it takes a moment for the vehicle to either self level or change ride height.

Options are always available when stationary and some will not be once you exceed a certain speed.

Check the Good To Know app for more accurate information.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
We have Sports chrono yes.
We checked 4 Australian delivered Taycans, turbo S, Turbo, 4S, thry all only have 2 ride height options: LIFT and MEDIUM.
I have questioned the Porsche Australian team however I seem to know more about the Taycan than they do. They did not know there was more settings until I showed them the owners manual and youtube reviews.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
We have Sports chrono yes.
We checked 4 Australian delivered Taycans, turbo S, Turbo, 4S, thry all only have 2 ride height options: LIFT and MEDIUM.
I have questioned the Porsche Australian team however I seem to know more about the Taycan than they do. They did not know there was more settings until I showed them the owners manual and youtube reviews.
Perhaps ask @LukeManning our dealer forum member to ask his service department. It sounds like they didn’t take the car out of Transit mode during predelivery prep.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
There is a thread called Ask a Porsche Dealer Anything under General Topics that was started by @LukeManning

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Thanks,

I posted the topic there hopefully someone has the answers.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sport, Sport +, Range mode ought to lower the car.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If it is missing from all Taycans in your region it might be because of some Australian regulation that requires certain ride height.

EDIT: According to these articles, 10 cm is the minimum legal. If that is the case then even the Medium setting is higher than the rest of the world. So you probably have a suspension setup similar to cross turismo ?.

https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/darlingdowns/2014/08/29/low-can-go/

https://m.drive.com.au/car-article/...ore-raising-or-lowering-suspension-70388.html

Last edited:
OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
It sure looks like it as the lowest height has a wheel gap of 50mm from top of tire to guard.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
It sure looks like it as the lowest height has a wheel gap of 50mm from top of tire to guard.
Im pretty sure its an Australian rule however its strange because the ride height allowance is 100mm ground clearance and apparently the Taycan is 106mm in Low setting ??

rmarsono

First Name
Rendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I took delivery of my Taycan GTS about 1 month ago. My sales rep actually briefed me on this. Apparently South African and Australian delivered Taycans only get medium and lift chassis height settings.

I was informed that this is not due to any legal compliance or local regulations but rather Porsche deeming our weather here to be too hot and they want to maintain more distance between the battery and the ground.

I too would like my car to ride lower. In the past I have pretty much lowered every single car I have ever owned however with the Taycan I would like to go the software approach. I would like to avoid using lowering links because I want the flexibility.

What we have to remember as well is that the Taycan is an EV and we want to avoid bottoming the car like the plague. There has been documented cases where an EV bottoms out or the bottom of an EV receives some form of trauma and that's caused the battery cells to go into 'thermal runaway'.

This website explains it in good detail: https://www.evfiresafe.com/

This is definitely one aspect of EV ownership that I had not considered prior to purchase. On the one hand I want to lower my car but on the other I want the peace-of-mind of driving the car without worrying too much when I come across steep driveways, speed humps or sharp hills.

Aussie_Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M4
Country flag
Hi @REAGLOBAL have you or any other Aussie Taycan owner used an electronic lowering tool such as CETE or OBDAPP?

I can't believe we don't get the low setting here.
Thanks

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Hi @REAGLOBAL have you or any other Aussie Taycan owner used an electronic lowering tool such as CETE or OBDAPP?

I can't believe we don't get the low setting here.
Thanks
Hi,

I have not tried it personally, the Taycan is quite temperamental at the best of times when it relates to software so I would not want to give Porsche any excuse to blame any software issues on a third party plug in.

Have you tried it ?