TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have ordered a 2022 Turbo S with a January build, to replace my current 2021 Turbo. It gives me many, many, many days to change my mind until the salesman is forced to take out a restraining order against me - particularly when the new configurator comes out and I start all over again. Which then got me thinking: what do you want/need/hope to see in the Taycan 2022 edition? Do you expect to see many changes? Would it be highly unusual for Porsche to release a significant change this early in the cycle?

Judging on 2020 vs 2021 the differences will be very incremental, but maybe they will surprise us and exceed the speed of light for 0-60mph, offer enough range that Frodo could have got to Mount Doom and still had 50% charge remaining, and provide another paint in one more shade of grey that is impossible to differentiate on camera phone pictures.

P.S. I’ve had the 12V battery-of-death, but even I’d like to avoid the taycanforum.com equivalent of Godwin’s Law and end up discussing it. Happy thoughts, people; no one likes to dream of bugs.
Sponsored

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
Out of curiosity, did you also have a 2020 TTS? ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have ordered a 2022 Turbo S with a January build, to replace my current 2021 Turbo. It gives me many, many, many days to change my mind until the salesman is forced to take out a restraining order against me - particularly when the new configurator comes out and I start all over again. Which then got me thinking: what do you want/need/hope to see in the Taycan 2022 edition? Do you expect to see many changes? Would it be highly unusual for Porsche to release a significant change this early in the cycle?

Judging on 2020 vs 2021 the differences will be very incremental, but maybe they will surprise us and exceed the speed of light for 0-60mph, offer enough range that Frodo could have got to Mount Doom and still had 50% charge remaining, and provide another paint in one more shade of grey that is impossible to differentiate on camera phone pictures.

P.S. I’ve had the 12V battery-of-death, but even I’d like to avoid the taycanforum.com equivalent of Godwin’s Law and end up discussing it. Happy thoughts, people; no one likes to dream of bugs.
Mid life will see visible changes - 3 - 4 year mark. So a few tweaks here and there, a few additional colours (GT Silver), towing option, better batteries. Not a lot to expect I think.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Which then got me thinking: what do you want/need/hope to see in the Taycan 2022 edition? Do you expect to see many changes?
Would love to see Android Auto and a Taycan Sport Turismo Version or a Cross Turismo with "Sport Package" option. Other than that there's nothing I'm missing ?

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mid life will see visible changes - 3 - 4 year mark. So a few tweaks here and there, a few additional colours (GT Silver), towing option, better batteries. Not a lot to expect I think.
Hoping for Guards Red colour option

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Me too... would order a Ct in guards red with HUD and black and guards red seat centers and everything else I already have on my Taycan Turbo S

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would guess it’s function of weight. The mechanisms typically weigh ~35 lbs each.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
A button to raise the spoiler manually like the Etron GT. So dumb that we can't.

Hopefully someone makes an app to do that via OBD or change the wash mode to spoiler level 3 instead of 1....
Sponsored