Passenger display or Sport Chrono

• Total voters

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
My wife is a passenger 90% of the time I am driving the Taycan. When we owned a Tesla she would get annoyed when she was entering a destination at the start of a trip and I shifted into reverse overriding the map display with the rear camera view. Using the passenger display for navigation means the map and rear camera don't share the same screen. It also allows the passenger to easily enter GPS info with either hand.

We frequently use the center screen to display a magnified map view when we are in an unfamiliar area. The map in the instrument cluster offers a third view with easy to follow turn-by-turn details.

When a navigation map is not on the center screen we use the central display to monitor vehicle status (drive mode and height) as well as trip data. When CarPlay pops up for an incoming text message the navigation screen on the passenger display is not disturbed.

Like all Porsche options the passenger display is obscenely expensive. But, I would reorder it if we ever get another Porsche.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Questionable value for sure; but I would still order it again because it adds to the overall cool factor of inside the car - but then again, I wasn't working to a budget - if I was, I would have gone Sports Chrono first.

t_w

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo
Country flag
It's a new function that was introduced with MY2022.
For those of us who are stranded with the old PCM version - someone posted a way to fiddle with the settings to trick the PCM to turn on the screen even without a passenger present. I can’t find that post now, anyone have a pointer?