Production delay

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I put in my 4S order a few weeks ago and it went into production on 2/25. Initially had a target production completion date of 3/4 (last week) and an estimated delivery in April. As of this morning it now shows production completion target of 4/2 and they tacked on 30 days to delivery estimate.

I anticipated delays and this actually brings me closer to the end of my current lease, so its all good (for now), but just curious if that quantum of extension is typical? Are there general delays to production right now related to some of the Stop Sale issues covered in other threads? A couple more 30 day delays would be far less good.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There have been supply issues with EV parts lately. I'd wager that's the problem and nothing to do with the "stop sales".

So, unfortunate but nothing to worry about.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not good to hear. I was told production would complete for my car on 10 March then told of delay and will now complete on 25 March. Hopefully no more delays.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine should've been done 2 weeks ago. Got delayed two weeks and now I still have no clue when it's coming. My friend had about 3 months delay on his Golf GTE due to this damn microchip shortage. Porsche having the same troubles..

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also I was told delays maybe due to covid restrictions. ?

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
Ouch! - not the news I was expecting to read today. My order also went in a few weeks ago and the production startup had been set as March 12th all along. Did yours go into production and then freeze or was it prior to? (I’ve already traded my 991.2 ?)

OP
OP
Kryptos

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ouch! - not the news I was expecting to read today. My order also went in a few weeks ago and the production startup had been set as March 12th all along. Did yours go into production and then freeze or was it prior to? (I’ve already traded my 991.2 ?)
Went into production, went almost a week past projected completion date and then completion date jumped back a month.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Question:
How do you guys receive the tracking data? My order is supposed to go into production this week.
But didn't hear anything. How will I be notified?

Thanks!

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Question:
How do you guys receive the tracking data? My order is supposed to go into production this week.
But didn't hear anything. How will I be notified?

Thanks!
You can only track online if you are a US customer. You will need to email or call your dealer.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’m also ahead of schedule. Went into production 3 days early on 3/2 and finished production on 3/8. As of 3/10 it’s at the port waiting for a ship.

I wonder is there is a common part amongst the delayed cars, or perhaps it is the chip shortage and Porsche is prioritizing higher margin cars. If you’re worried about meeting revenue and profit targets, that’s what you do.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’m also ahead of schedule. Went into production 3 days early on 3/2 and finished production on 3/8. As of 3/10 it’s at the port waiting for a ship.

I wonder is there is a common part amongst the delayed cars, or perhaps it is the chip shortage and Porsche is prioritizing higher margin cars. If you’re worried about meeting revenue and profit targets, that’s what you do.
Well so much for ahead of schedule. Now delayed. Loaded on Aristotle, hopefully departing Emden today or tomorrow. The car sat at Emden for a month.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Well so much for ahead of schedule. Now delayed. Loaded on Aristotle, hopefully departing Emden today or tomorrow. The car sat at Emden for a month.
Such a distinguished name on your ship! Mine was the humble Goodwood, and she stopped and unloaded at Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Houston before she finally unloaded mine, to be carried overland across gigantic Texas for a few days to reach Albuquerque.

Glad that yours is on the way to you. Is it to be unloaded at Aristotle's next destination port? If so, the time you take it should getting really near.

Please savor every second. I certainly did (I'm not an instant gratification type). And now, after a half-day of driving my Turbo up 1200 feet of elevation (but mentally on cloud nine), and just garaging it overnight, I immediately drove it back down into the valley to stay for a week at my premium auto body shop to be PPF'ed, ceramic'ed, and lightly tinted. I so miss it already after such a short time using it, I can tell I will love this car forever. But this next week will drive me crazy.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
This Porsche note just appeared on my Track Your Dream site.

Dear Customer, we want to note that certain specific vehicle configurations are being temporarily impacted by supply chain disruptions. We kindly ask for your patience while we work diligently on getting the Porsche of your dreams to you as quickly as possible. The most current information will be available here, and will be continuously updated as your Porsche makes its way to you.

My RWD car began production 6 April. Will have to see if the completion date gets updated.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I also saw that notice this morning. My car is already on a ship headed for the West Coast so I may have just missed being affected.
Sponsored