Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not sure if I'm going to sell it just yet - but since getting the car, I haven't really used it since I had a change in personal circumstances. If I'll be moving back and using it is still a toss up, but just thought I'd get a general consensus on what the resale value would be like. I know I'll take a loss on it if selling, but just eye balling the market.

Video:
Build: https://www.porsche-code.com/PNWYRN65
Miles: 300
MSRP: $165,320
Picture:
Porsche Taycan Resale Value: Almost-New 2021 Mamba Green Taycan Turbo 167290345_815499085723994_6273380792037469082_n
Sponsored

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's still a seller's market so you might get more than you think.

Best of luck!

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's still a seller's market so you might get more than you think.

Best of luck!
Yeah, that's the only reason I'm even entertaining this lol I haven't used the car for 3mo now, and most likely won't for a while more. The choice is to keep it anyway, or to sell it for now and re-buy something when if/when I need it.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Nice spec. In the market for a 4S so this is a little above my price range or I would've made an offer! Shouldn't have a problem getting a decent price but would think 10 to 15% hit is likely.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nice spec. In the market for a 4S so this is a little above my price range or I would've made an offer! Shouldn't have a problem getting a decent price but would think 10 to 15% hit is likely.
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to eye-ball. 10% hit I'd do without hesitation. 15%+ I'd probably keep it for now.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think -15% and -$7500 (federal tax credit) is fair so $133k.
The 15% really depends on how much inventory nearby dealers have and how much demand exists in your are. If there are no more Taycans in their lots then you can sell for more.

You can also ask a dealer to give you a trade-in quote. Then you can assume private sale will be about 5k more.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think -15% and -$7500 (federal tax credit) is fair so $133k.
The 15% really depends on how much inventory nearby dealers have and how much demand exists in your are. If there are no more Taycans in their lots then you can sell for more.

You can also ask a dealer to give you a trade-in quote. Then you can assume private sale will be about 5k more.
Thanks. Re-Trade in, I don't need an extra car right now, so doesn't make as much sense. Or I guess you're saying just to get an estimate for a selling price?

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to eye-ball. 10% hit I'd do without hesitation. 15%+ I'd probably keep it for now.
Might get more if it's marked CPO? How does that work anyway? Do you have to pay for that sort of thing?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. Re-Trade in, I don't need an extra car right now, so doesn't make as much sense. Or I guess you're saying just to get an estimate for a selling price?
Trade-in as just "trade-in" without buying another car :)
I have sold almost-new used cars to dealers before without buying anything from them. Sometimes it is the easiest way to sell an expensive almost-new car.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Might get more if it's marked CPO? How does that work anyway? Do you have to pay for that sort of thing?
Dealership pays $ to have a call CPO-ed. However, the car is so new, that the new-car warranty is still almost-4-years. Not sure how much value CPO would add, but worth a thought.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Dealership pays $ to have a call CPO-ed. However, the car is so new, that the new-car warranty is still almost-4-years. Not sure how much value CPO would add, but worth a thought.
Makes sense, it being so new. Sent you a pm.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
What boxes do you have checked on it? NM, overlooked your Porsche code twice lol

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
CPO adds 2 years and unlimited miles coverage after the expiration of the new vehicle warranty. The original warranty for my 2020 Taycan expired in September 2024, but since I bought it CPO, it now expires in September 2026.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@amelen Why -10% or even more??
having in mind the fact that there’s a “waiting line” for up to 8 months…. I believe that in the whole States, there must be “one” who’d pay full price.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Why -10% or even more??
having in mind the fact that there’s a “waiting line” for up to 8 months…. I believe that there must be “one” who’d pay full price.
Maybe, it's a big price though - it's not the same as selling a $40k car. But I agree, that's why I posted, to try to get a gauge for it. MSRP to -10% would make enough sense for me to sell and re-buy something when I need an extra car (which might not be for a year at this point).
Sponsored