MSpec33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Most people responding to this thread do not know what the market is like. Plenty of 2020 Turbo and turbo S on sale with minimal miles - check any car selling website, at least 15% less than MSRP. Buying from a private party needs cash out lay as banks will unlikely finance such a deal so I would think its a better bet for you to trade in which I think will be substantially less than market price. Someone commented $7500+ 15%, I would say you will have to dig in deeper to wash your hands off this car. This is no 991 PTS MT GT3 touring that the current market is crazy about!
Sponsored

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Buying from a private party needs cash out lay as banks will unlikely finance such a deal so I would think its a better bet for you to trade in which I think will be substantially less than market price.
A local Porsche dealership said they can facilitate financing or leasing for my car. There are cheaper models being sold, but mostly are 2020's (not 2021's) and/or have weird options/colors. In either case, if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell. I listed it for sale just in case it makes sense for anyone but I'm certainly not forcing anyone into it. To note, so far 4 people have reached out showing interest.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to eye-ball. 10% hit I'd do without hesitation. 15%+ I'd probably keep it for now.
Sorry to hear that you haven’t had a chance to enjoy it. I remember watching your delivery timeline as you were 6 weeks ahead of me.

With the supply chain issues I bet you can find a buyer at 10%+fed tax credit.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to hear that you haven’t had a chance to enjoy it. I remember watching your delivery timeline as you were 6 weeks ahead of me.

With the supply chain issues I bet you can find a buyer at 10%+fed tax credit.
Thanks! Yeah, it's a great car - and even if I wind up selling, I'll probably come back to a Taycan again - it just doesn't make sense for it to sit around for a year at this point, but we'll see what happens. The bright color is not an easy sell I think, so we'll see.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Thanks! Yeah, it's a great car - and even if I wind up selling, I'll probably come back to a Taycan again - it just doesn't make sense for it to sit around for a year at this point, but we'll see what happens. The bright color is not an easy sell I think, so we'll see.
Someone will buy it. People are flipping Teslas for purchase price or more a year later right now. It’s nuts.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Someone will buy it. People are flipping Teslas for purchase price or more a year later right now. It’s nuts.

Yeah - I work in the auto world and the current market conditions is the only reason it even makes sense for me to attempt to sell it. Taycan's aren't going over MSRP (yet), but if you take a look at the Ford Mustang Mach-E for example, I know a couple of dealerships that are selling them $10k about MSRP - crazy.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Go bold, put it up for sale for 10% more than you paid and take breakeven. There is a log wait list for this care and this is a seller's market.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Go bold, put it up for sale for 10% more than you paid and take breakeven. There is a log wait list for this care and this is a seller's market.
LOL!! I wouldn't want to screw anyone over like that lol. I think -10% is fair given the extra items I'm including with it. I'm not one to turn down extra money, but I wouldn't want to screw someone over either lol. Having said that, I'm hearing from Porsche that they are expecting major delays coming for the next 3-4mo (more than is being factored in now), so who knows where prices will land if/when that happens.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
LOL!! I wouldn't want to screw anyone over like that lol. I think -10% is fair given the extra items I'm including with it. I'm not one to turn down extra money, but I wouldn't want to screw someone over either lol. Having said that, I'm hearing from Porsche that they are expecting major delays coming for the next 3-4mo (more than is being factored in now), so who knows where prices will land if/when that happens.
the issue with selling such a high value car is finding a buyer that can come up with that kind of money, I don't know if a bank would underwrite a loan for the transaction.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
the issue with selling such a high value car is finding a buyer that can come up with that kind of money, I don't know if a bank would underwrite a loan for the transaction.
Correct. I have a local Porsche dealership that said they can provide leasing/financing though as a favor to me.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
I got an e mail from Riverside Porsche in Cali that they are selling their used rwd 2020 6k over the build price ( it is certified ) but still, last year model, selling almost 6k over the original price with 1000 miles on it. Shouldn't it be cheaper since it is used.

Last edited:
OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got an e mail from Riverside Porsche in Cali that they are selling their used 4s 2020 6k over the build price ( it is certified ) but still, last year model, selling almost 6k over the original price with 1000 miles on it. Shouldn't it be cheaper since it is used.
The market is crazy right now. Maybe it will help me sell mine but shitty for anyone in the market for a new one now (vs 9mo ago).

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
I got an e mail from Riverside Porsche in Cali that they are selling their used 4s 2020 6k over the build price ( it is certified ) but still, last year model, selling almost 6k over the original price with 1000 miles on it. Shouldn't it be cheaper since it is used.
Not sure which one this is. I've spoken with them a couple of times regarding the Gentian Blue but it has a Race-Tex interior which I didn't want. It's CPO, ~1200 miles and they're selling it 10k below MSRP. All their listed cars are below original MSRPs.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
The market is crazy right now. Maybe it will help me sell mine but shitty for anyone in the market for a new one now (vs 9mo ago).
I agree, new ones are being delayed in some cases till Q1 2022. Had a friend placed an order a week ago and they told him expect around March of next year.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag