WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
A person within the dealership as even told me to complain to porsche hq on how it was handled.
I hope you do. From the Customer Satisfaction Survey invitation email I received from Porsche GB after I bought in 2019-
At Porsche we believe that your ownership experience should be just as enjoyable as your driving experience. We would therefore value a few moments of your time to ensure that we are meeting your expectations. <survey link was provided at this point>
If there is anything we can do to ensure your complete satisfaction, or if you have any questions, please contact
[email protected]
Sponsored

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hope you do. From the Customer Satisfaction Survey invitation email I received from Porsche GB after I bought in 2019-
At Porsche we believe that your ownership experience should be just as enjoyable as your driving experience. We would therefore value a few moments of your time to ensure that we are meeting your expectations. <survey link was provided at this point>
If there is anything we can do to ensure your complete satisfaction, or if you have any questions, please contact
[email protected]
Thank you. This is helpful

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Nothing, not even a wanker salesman would drive me to buy a BMW, but Best of luck to you.
That says more about you than anything else.

I've had about ten BMWs over the last ten years. Currently own a three-week-old M3 and 330e Touring. I can't remember a single fault with any of them.

This will be my first new Porsche, and I'm already concerned.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good grief, when I started reading your post I thought you were going to say you hadn't had any problems. Your definition of success is a faulty alarm sensor, trunk failure, and CarPlay working when it feels like it? After 15,000km?

There are happy owners, it seems, but only because they're extremely forgiving to their car being faulty.

You shouldn't be engaged in a battle with your car.

And you say you've had most of those faults also? That's shocking.

I've owned numerous manufacturers' cars over the last twenty years. I'm aware forums shine an unbalanced light on faults in cars. But I don't think I've ever seen so many as on here. Nor have I seen so many people with apparent Stockholm Syndrome. I need my car to be reliable as I drive across Europe with my family quite a lot. I don't want to be worrying every time I get into it whether it's going to work or not.
My car has never let me down in 17 months of ownership (13K miles) so my definition of 'unreliable' is perhaps different. Software glitches are one thing and generally clear themselves but are no doubt frustrating and add some uncertainty into the mix.

My AC charge port failure didn't prevent the car from operating and I could DC charge. Again not an ideal scenario but I wasn't stranded.

Random errors on sensors - all cleared and no physical repair or fix. Appreciate that others have had actual physical faults.

I went through the entire anxiety piece as you've described and came close to admitting I had made a huge mistake with the Taycan. This lasted a couple of months in the early period of ownership but I persevered and had confidence in the cast iron warranty.

I have a GTS ST on order due this November and fully expect a more mature car but also expect some software glitches too. I've learned a lot during my first EV ownership period but there's no going back for me and there is no substitute (currently) for the Taycan.

My first ever Porsche was a new 2003 Cayenne S - many analogue issues (locks etc) but here I am today still loyal to the brand.

It should be better for sure!

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

I've had about ten BMWs over the last ten years. Currently own a three-week-old M3 and 330e Touring. I can't remember a single fault with any of them.

I have to say I looked at E-Tron GT, Tesla(Boke lol) Mercedes GLE Hybrid and a fee other machines as I want the benefits of a nice car and economy. Out of them nothing compared to the Taycan for looks etc but I also have to say I absolutely loved the I4 M50....and over 300 mile range 😀 😄

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good grief, when I started reading your post I thought you were going to say you hadn't had any problems. Your definition of success is a faulty alarm sensor, trunk failure, and CarPlay working when it feels like it? After 15,000km?

There are happy owners, it seems, but only because they're extremely forgiving to their car being faulty.

You shouldn't be engaged in a battle with your car.

And you say you've had most of those faults also? That's shocking.

I've owned numerous manufacturers' cars over the last twenty years. I'm aware forums shine an unbalanced light on faults in cars. But I don't think I've ever seen so many as on here. Nor have I seen so many people with apparent Stockholm Syndrome. I need my car to be reliable as I drive across Europe with my family quite a lot. I don't want to be worrying every time I get into it whether it's going to work or not.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag

yes but no need to concerned because all you have to do is sit them side by side and look at the front, on one side you have a BMW with what can only be described as being designed by a moron either that or he did it for a bet and came up with that god awful front grille, then on the side you have the beautiful Taycan, just no contest faults or otherwise 😊

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah I suppose it is everyone own choice and if these issues had of happened over a period of say 6 months then I would have been more understanding but to have a car 25 days and have to return to the workshop so often which is 1.5 hour drive there and back each time isn't for me and as I said in my original post, we would have likely reconsidered had Porsche even came back and offered me another month of ownership money back guarantee. But they offered nothing and were completely out of line. A person within the dealership as even told me to complain to porsche hq on how it was handled. The images are only a few. My wife has the rest on her phone.
Which dealership was this?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Alarm sensor is/was common problem for MY20/21 (don’t know for MY22), with known workaround (you have to lock the car twice, disabling interior sensor).
Should I “lemon” my car because of that?
Trunk button (close) failure. Shit happens, so what? They replace it in a half of hour, before I finnished my coffe.
CarPlay. Same question again - should I lemon the car because of that? Not me.

Of course, it’s a shame for Porsche, that they are selling cars with such (lousy) infotaiment software… but I’d buy it again in a heart beat….without any doubt.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag

Just for balance: Ive had mine for just over 3 months now and also had doubts a year ago from listening to horror stories. I can honestly say its a much better car than I expected and ive had no problems with it.
I have friends that have had problems with BMW's ,and you've never had one, so it shows you hear about the bad stuff more than the good.
Im not bothered if you buy one or not but I will also be looking to order a gts st as soon as I can test drive one lol

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
my beautiful 2021 Taycan 4S
Your car is last years model and was used by someone else for 7000 miles. Its tough to say what condition they returned the car in. There are cars which are lemons, and that's why we have Lemon laws in the US: to make sure consumers aren't stuck with a car with multiple and continuing problems which keep them from using their car.

My Taycan is great. After some initial issues with CarPlay and the PCM not recognizing my iPhone, its been working well. In the 6 months I've had my Taycan, I've brought it into the dealer once for the WNA5 update.

OP
OP

James Rooney

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your car is last years model and was used by someone else for 7000 miles. Its tough to say what condition they returned the car in. There are cars which are lemons, and that's why we have Lemon laws in the US: to make sure consumers aren't stuck with a car with multiple and continuing problems which keep them from using their car.

My Taycan is great. After some initial issues with CarPlay and the PCM not recognizing my iPhone, its been working well. In the 6 months I've had my Taycan, I've brought it into the dealer once for the WNA5 update.
Glad to hear that. Yeah I wouldn't have minded an odd call back into the dealer but sometimes you get a bad gut feeling about a car and with the amount of issues I encountered it just put me off. I would say I might go again in a year or two but for the minute no Taycan for me 😥

• Sad
Reactions: B61

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Alarm sensor is/was common problem for MY20/21 (don’t know for MY22), with known workaround (you have to lock the car twice, disabling interior sensor).
Should I “lemon” my car because of that?
Trunk button (close) failure. Shit happens, so what? They replace it in a half of hour, before I finnished my coffe.
CarPlay. Same question again - should I lemon the car because of that? Not me.

Of course, it’s a shame for Porsche, that they are selling cars with such (lousy) infotaiment software… but I’d buy it again in a heart beat….without any doubt.
Nobody is suggesting you should "lemon" it. It was more that you seem perfectly accepting of the faults, which I am surprised about.

Just for balance: Ive had mine for just over 3 months now and also had doubts a year ago from listening to horror stories. I can honestly say its a much better car than I expected and ive had no problems with it.
I have friends that have had problems with BMW's ,and you've never had one, so it shows you hear about the bad stuff more than the good.
Im not bothered if you buy one or not but I will also be looking to order a gts st as soon as I can test drive one lol
Well, I am buying one. In fact, I've just spent six hours this afternoon driving to Amsterdam because they had a saloon with the exact spec I'm getting, and I wanted to see it before my build locks in.

As it happens I'm going to change it after seeing a Dolomite Silver with the RS Spyder rims.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Nobody is suggesting you should "lemon" it. It was more that you seem perfectly accepting of the faults, which I am surprised about
Of cours i accepted…what else should i do?
i mean , overall, its; a great car…looks amazing, driving is excellent, it bring me smile on my face evertytime when i approach to …
Are you saying that other brands don’t have failures at all?
Would you xreplace Taycan for (let’s say) Tesla just beacuse of better infotaiment software?
Sponsored