batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Power charge port cover - this one I'm not sure about but I have heard about that issue. For me it's the hit to aero, though I have no idea how to quantify that, if it doesn't make more than like a 5 mile range difference then I'd consider it

PPF - that's a good point. I wanted to get the whole thing done somewhere else, but PPF for the drive home does make sense, hmmm. I'll have to ponder that one.

I dig the GTS ST but it's at least another $10k, and I actually do like there being the slightest whiff of off-road capability. That, and I don't know how much longer I'd have to wait for a GTS allocation, and I'm impatient!
Sounds like your build has to be locked around mine ?. Not sure what your roads are like but certainly here in the UK the extra normal ride height of the CT is absolutely something I need ? and like you the soft off road is something I want.

100% as to what others have said on 150kW, as far as the Porsche options prices go its a relatively low cost gamble. May be useless, but if those 400V SuCs open to others you’d be kicking yourself for not taking the bet.

I’d go electric chargeport (I had it on my original 4S build too), its cool, seems to protect some weird placed stone chips and you don’t by a Taycan CT to go hypermiling…

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I would personally add the electric charge port cover just to cover the vent and prevent debris and small rocks flying through the vent and hitting the sides of the car.
I can see that the open "air-curtain" vent will allow dirty water to flow out of the wheek arch along the door but the trajectory of stones from the tyres will not be directed towards this opening so the risk of actually getting debris hitting the car door, rather than it just becoming dirty, is minimal I would think.
I have seen a lot of people speculatiung on this but I don't see any technical reason for it to be a concern (except a bit more dirt).

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
$44,220 options on a $110,000 car - that is quite a lot, but I can see why have added all of it - going to be great.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
What about 2+1 rear seats. Pretty sure i wouldn't want to sit in the +1, but seems worth putting in for quite a cheap option for future flexibility. Waiting for my own one to arrive, so not speaking from direct experience, but it would have helped from time to time in my old panamera.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Colored wheel center crest to add a little extra pop at the wheels?

crest on headrests?

dark silver accent to break up the black interior?

+1 on 150kw DC

+1 on charge port

Congrats on deciding on a Taycan.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
My build slot freezes in a little over a week so I'm eager to hear feedback from Taycan drivers. Like, if anything on here is a complete waste of money (moreso than buying a car like this in the first place :p), or if I'm omitting something I should absolutely put on there. I'm not 100% sure on getting summer tires and a set of 19" wheels with winter tires, though I think maximizing the tire performance during the hottest and coldest months would be worth it for such a ridiculous(ly awesome vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 718 GTS for this, and it'll also be the "practical" car replacement for our current daily driver, a BMW i3. It'll probably share the garage with a Fiesta ST.

I'm really eager to roadtrip in this with my partner and our dog. Our i3 has been great to us for five years now, but its limited range and slow DC charging speed have kept me from exploring the Pacific Northwest as much as I've wanted to with our lovely little family. We'll DEFINITELY be tracking it too, at least once - finding good charging near the track will probably make it annoying to do regularly though.

Music while driving is very important to me as well, so I really want to have the absolute best sound system, especially in an EV with optioned noise insulation. Driving around alone is the only place I feel confident enough singing along to music, dangit! I plan to make the most of it with lossless audio on USB drives at the highest possible quality.......but I'll also be fine with using the built-in Apple Music when I don't feel like putting forth the mostly-silly audiophile effort.

Anyways! Roast my build, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to look through this and type out their thoughts <3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8DSWW0
Hi, great picks! Passenger display is good fun and electric charging port cover reallly good. Take them both, cause you are already almost all in ?. I was too and very happy that I took everything I wanted. Colors are individual choices so no comments on those ? Crests on headrests a mandatory pick.

gotzillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST GTS coming
Country flag
Your build is even more than my ST GTS build... I'd just jump on GTS. If you can get an allocation for ST GTS now, it should arrive around June and from what my dealer told me, it'll be around the same time for a CT4S if I order today.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nothing to roast. Looks classy!

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I have the manual charge port doors and I actually prefer them to the electronic ones, feels more race car and infinitely more reliable BUT they do funnel very small stones and dirt through onto the doors.

i have PPF on the doors so I’m not fussed as it has never left a mark but it definitely is a consideration.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
My build slot freezes in a little over a week so I'm eager to hear feedback from Taycan drivers. Like, if anything on here is a complete waste of money (moreso than buying a car like this in the first place :p), or if I'm omitting something I should absolutely put on there. I'm not 100% sure on getting summer tires and a set of 19" wheels with winter tires, though I think maximizing the tire performance during the hottest and coldest months would be worth it for such a ridiculous(ly awesome vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 718 GTS for this, and it'll also be the "practical" car replacement for our current daily driver, a BMW i3. It'll probably share the garage with a Fiesta ST.

I'm really eager to roadtrip in this with my partner and our dog. Our i3 has been great to us for five years now, but its limited range and slow DC charging speed have kept me from exploring the Pacific Northwest as much as I've wanted to with our lovely little family. We'll DEFINITELY be tracking it too, at least once - finding good charging near the track will probably make it annoying to do regularly though.

Music while driving is very important to me as well, so I really want to have the absolute best sound system, especially in an EV with optioned noise insulation. Driving around alone is the only place I feel confident enough singing along to music, dangit! I plan to make the most of it with lossless audio on USB drives at the highest possible quality.......but I'll also be fine with using the built-in Apple Music when I don't feel like putting forth the mostly-silly audiophile effort.

Anyways! Roast my build, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to look through this and type out their thoughts <3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8DSWW0
I know you want us to take a close look at your build and critically rip it apart but honestly I can't find much to find fault. You optioned all the good performance parts and seems like you know exactly what luxury options you want. ??

DanielCA92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive45e, Ram 1500, Mach E
Country flag
What about 2+1 rear seats. Pretty sure i wouldn't want to sit in the +1, but seems worth putting in for quite a cheap option for future flexibility. Waiting for my own one to arrive, so not speaking from direct experience, but it would have helped from time to time in my old panamera.
2+1 may make easier to sell as well when the time comes.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I have the 18-way seats for my 4S CT order and skip the 2+1 because the seat pattern is different if you have 18-way front seats. the 2+1 uses the 14-way pattern. Most people probably don't care, but once I find out about the difference, I don't think I can un-see it every time I get in the car. So I opt out of 2+1. Sales person also mentioned it's better for resale if I get the 2+1.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored