Roast my 4S CT build!

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Slip any painted trim. I have Neptune 4s and it’s a great color I don’t think speed blue will match as Neptune has a very grey hue to it. . I think black interior would be better. Otherwise it’s a loaded car and will be sweet
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@pnw-ev-nerd : you actualy have everything…. i’m just wondering why not (olea) leather?

OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi, great picks! Passenger display is good fun and electric charging port cover reallly good. Take them both, cause you are already almost all in ?. I was too and very happy that I took everything I wanted. Colors are individual choices so no comments on those ? Crests on headrests a mandatory pick.
Can't get crests on headrests with Race-Tex!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My build slot freezes in a little over a week so I'm eager to hear feedback from Taycan drivers. Like, if anything on here is a complete waste of money (moreso than buying a car like this in the first place :p), or if I'm omitting something I should absolutely put on there. I'm not 100% sure on getting summer tires and a set of 19" wheels with winter tires, though I think maximizing the tire performance during the hottest and coldest months would be worth it for such a ridiculous(ly awesome vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 718 GTS for this, and it'll also be the "practical" car replacement for our current daily driver, a BMW i3. It'll probably share the garage with a Fiesta ST.

I'm really eager to roadtrip in this with my partner and our dog. Our i3 has been great to us for five years now, but its limited range and slow DC charging speed have kept me from exploring the Pacific Northwest as much as I've wanted to with our lovely little family. We'll DEFINITELY be tracking it too, at least once - finding good charging near the track will probably make it annoying to do regularly though.

Music while driving is very important to me as well, so I really want to have the absolute best sound system, especially in an EV with optioned noise insulation. Driving around alone is the only place I feel confident enough singing along to music, dangit! I plan to make the most of it with lossless audio on USB drives at the highest possible quality.......but I'll also be fine with using the built-in Apple Music when I don't feel like putting forth the mostly-silly audiophile effort.

Anyways! Roast my build, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to look through this and type out their thoughts <3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8DSWW0
From what I understand you’re not going to notice a difference between the Bose audio and Burmester - not a $5,800 difference. Also, heated rear seats is probably not a must - save the $530.

Be sure to get the electric charge port cover. It’s cool and it saves lots of issues when you unplug. Many people who don’t have this leave the charge port open by mistake.

Also, use $1,500 of the savings to get the wheel and tire insurance. This will help you with repairs when you curb the wheels :(

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It is interesting how different people value different options, or consider them a must have (or a must not have). One example is sport sound, some consider it a must have, others a waste of money. Those who love it will try to use arguments like "you can always turn it off, but it might add to your resale value", which is technically true though missing the clarification that it might or might not add to the resale value, and even if it does, it will add less than what you spend on it in the first place (as in, no option appreciates in value as the car gets older). There there are options which are a must have for some and must not have for others, like powered charge port or off-road package. Again, you will find people advocating for it, or against it. Full disclosure, my personal preference on the above examples is I'll take the sport sound for free as long as I can turn it off, but don't want powered charge port of off-road package even if they were free.

I guess this is why Porsche has so many options available, so that everyone finds the options they want and value. It might be interesting what options or options combinations are most popular or least popular, or even the most popular overall option combination. That said, personally I wouldn't want to order a car just because it came in a most popular configuration, but that's just me. Personally, I only want the options which I consider of value to me, but I'm sure there are other people who see value in buying the most common Taycan configuration. There is another benefit of ordering the most common option set though (maybe not in a pandemic shortage), and that is that you can buy cars from dealer stock, as dealers usually order what sells the most. That is why my high end cars have always been custom order - I never found a dealer stock car configured the way I wanted it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what I understand you’re not going to notice a difference between the Bose audio and Burmester - not a $5,800 difference. Also, heated rear seats is probably not a must - save the $530.

Be sure to get the electric charge port cover. It’s cool and it saves lots of issues when you unplug. Many people who don’t have this leave the charge port open by mistake.

Also, use $1,500 of the savings to get the wheel and tire insurance. This will help you with repairs when you curb the wheels :(
I really wish I could go experience both the Bose and Burmester in ANY Porsches, but dealer stock is so low that it hasn't been possible. I'm gonna go with it anyways though. It's a pricey option, but so's the whole car!

I think I will go with the electric charge port cover.

$1500 sounds like a lot for something I know my regular insurance will cover to some extent, and I haven't even seen an option for this so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
I really wish I could go experience both the Bose and Burmester in ANY Porsches, but dealer stock is so low that it hasn't been possible. I'm gonna go with it anyways though. It's a pricey option, but so's the whole car!

$1500 sounds like a lot for something I know my regular insurance will cover to some extent, and I haven't even seen an option for this so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
I was able to. The difference is huge. Easily enough for me to pay the extra, but audio quality is really an important part for me - clearly a very subjective topic. Hope you will be able to try both systems out.

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
It is interesting how different people value different options, or consider them a must have (or a must not have). One example is sport sound, some consider it a must have, others a waste of money. Those who love it will try to use arguments like "you can always turn it off, but it might add to your resale value", which is technically true though missing the clarification that it might or might not add to the resale value, and even if it does, it will add less than what you spend on it in the first place (as in, no option appreciates in value as the car gets older). There there are options which are a must have for some and must not have for others, like powered charge port or off-road package. Again, you will find people advocating for it, or against it. Full disclosure, my personal preference on the above examples is I'll take the sport sound for free as long as I can turn it off, but don't want powered charge port of off-road package even if they were free.

I guess this is why Porsche has so many options available, so that everyone finds the options they want and value. It might be interesting what options or options combinations are most popular or least popular, or even the most popular overall option combination. That said, personally I wouldn't want to order a car just because it came in a most popular configuration, but that's just me. Personally, I only want the options which I consider of value to me, but I'm sure there are other people who see value in buying the most common Taycan configuration. There is another benefit of ordering the most common option set though (maybe not in a pandemic shortage), and that is that you can buy cars from dealer stock, as dealers usually order what sells the most. That is why my high end cars have always been custom order - I never found a dealer stock car configured the way I wanted it.
I thought you were waiting on allocation for Turbo S, isnt the powered charge port on it by default and you cannot take it off?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I thought you were waiting on allocation for Turbo S, isnt the powered charge port on it by default and you cannot take it off?
Waiting for a Turbo, no S. If I did really want a Turbo S, I would inquire about possibly removing the powered charge port. Porsche did remove a standard option for me long time ago (for a fee of course) on a custom 911 order, so it might still be possible.

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Some more clarity on the "curb the wheels" issue.

I grew up in Chicago and am expert at parallel parking. In spite of that, the 21" wheels on my 2020 4S created a new challenge for me, and within a month I had curbed both wheels on the right side. I got them fixed but it cost $700. When I upgraded to a 2021 4s the dealer offered a Wheel Protection Package for $1,265 (less than what I stated above). It includes 8 free cosmetic repairs AND replacement of the wheels themselves if they are damaged due to a flat, pothole, etc.

Given the price of these wheels, along with the likelihood of a parking mistake, I took the package. For the record, I have great auto insurance, but it does not cover mistakes that I make like curbing the wheels.

Long story I know, but when you have such a beautiful car to drive, I find it really irritating when I screw up the wheels. The Protection Package has taken a lot of stress away, and I understand from my dealer that owners of other types of Porsche vehicles also buy this package.

OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some more clarity on the "curb the wheels" issue.

I grew up in Chicago and am expert at parallel parking. In spite of that, the 21" wheels on my 2020 4S created a new challenge for me, and within a month I had curbed both wheels on the right side. I got them fixed but it cost $700. When I upgraded to a 2021 4s the dealer offered a Wheel Protection Package for $1,265 (less than what I stated above). It includes 8 free cosmetic repairs AND replacement of the wheels themselves if they are damaged due to a flat, pothole, etc.

Given the price of these wheels, along with the likelihood of a parking mistake, I took the package. For the record, I have great auto insurance, but it does not cover mistakes that I make like curbing the wheels.

Long story I know, but when you have such a beautiful car to drive, I find it really irritating when I screw up the wheels. The Protection Package has taken a lot of stress away, and I understand from my dealer that owners of other types of Porsche vehicles also buy this package.
Fair points and the suggestions are appreciated! But I definitely won't be paying that much for a wheel protection package - that's a financial risk I'm comfortable taking on myself with all the parking aids included with the car. And especially since I don't even park alongside curbs very often at all, haha

OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your build is even more than my ST GTS build... I'd just jump on GTS. If you can get an allocation for ST GTS now, it should arrive around June and from what my dealer told me, it'll be around the same time for a CT4S if I order today.
I did run this through the configurator and it's "only" another $10k, so I asked my sales rep if there's any chance at switching my order to GTS ST. I'm assuming that would be a much longer wait, so I will probably still pull the trigger on the 4S CT unless the GTS ST isn't more than two or three months more of a wait

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
I did run this through the configurator and it's "only" another $10k, so I asked my sales rep if there's any chance at switching my order to GTS ST. I'm assuming that would be a much longer wait, so I will probably still pull the trigger on the 4S CT unless the GTS ST isn't more than two or three months more of a wait
Were you able to secure a PEC LA delivery? Curious to see what kind of delay it adds to the overall schedule. I am planning PEC LA delivery too though not sure what to do about ppf before long drive back

OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Were you able to secure a PEC LA delivery? Curious to see what kind of delay it adds to the overall schedule. I am planning PEC LA delivery too though not sure what to do about ppf before long drive back
Unsure yet. Supposedly my build froze and I have my full 10% deposit in now but sales rep hasn't been able to give me any new information since. Unsure what's up.
Sponsored