Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
in North America superchargers come in 3 speeds:
  1. Urban: 72 kW
  2. V2 Superchargers: 150 kW
  3. V3 Superchargers: 250 kW
V3 is the rising installed base and there are quite a few.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
in North America superchargers come in 3 speeds:
  1. Urban: 72 kW
  2. V2 Superchargers: 150 kW
  3. V3 Superchargers: 250 kW
V3 is the rising installed base and there are quite a few.
I have seen your other post, even much more complicated. Here in China, they changed all chargers to follow Chinese standard and handed me a simple adapter for my MS90D. One of the smaller letdowns. No more plug and charge, not it is dig, plug, plug and charge.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Aren't they all slow and require the 150kW option?
No they are not slow here. For the Tesla M3 I think he new ones V3, it is up to 250kW. But they are running at 400 volt so YES the 150 kW option might come in handy. And charging at 150 kW is actually not slow. For a charge from 10 % to 80% it might take a few minutes extra, but not any more.

Seems that Tesla have indicated inNorway that they will open up some of the Superchargers for other cars in Q4 2022! I do not know if that is just that for a region in Norway, or if it is for all of Norway or Europe etc.

Would make EV travel so much better. It is a pain in the backside to see all the statistics here, with a place having 1 ONE, 22kW AC charger. Looks great coverage but it’s like Hollywood. Nothing behind the facade

JustLooking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Huracan, M2, R1 (+ Emira, CyberTruck)
Country flag
Just dropping this here, for those interested...

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Just dropping this here, for those interested...

You're clearly a Tesla shareholder/Shill that comes here to make sure Tesla doesn't lose a single car sale.

The Plaid is 1020hp, it's going to be very fast. The tire excuse for it not to hit 200mph is laughable.
We will see if the Plaid has the same stellar reliability as the rest of Teslas

JustLooking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're clearly a Tesla shareholder/Shill that comes here to make sure Tesla doesn't lose a single car sale.

The Plaid is 1020hp, it's going to be very fast. The tire excuse for it not to hit 200mph is laughable.
We will see if the Plaid has the same stellar reliability as the rest of Teslas
You've figured me out. This is the "versus" section... discussion here is about the Plaid. If you're not interested, you have the whole rest of the forum.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
You've figured me out. This is the "versus" section... discussion here is about the Plaid. If you're not interested, you have the whole rest of the forum.
I own TSLA stock, but will not drive a Tesla. Can't wait for my Taycan to be delivered.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yo
You’re just proving his point and mine I made the other day. Your participation in this forum is purely based on provocation and promotion.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Honestly though I'm looking forward to some 'car people' testing plaid, but not like, the people just excited by the 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I want the whole package evaluated and not the '9.2 seconds 1/4 for 120k!' people. Nothing wrong with cross shopping, the pikes peak run had the plaid s 10s behind a gt2 rs clubsport(pic below) which is pretty impressive but what sacrifices did they make to get there?(not that the clubsport is a daily in it's own right)

Porsche Taycan Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid? 1624909426053

JustLooking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what sacrifices did they make to get there?
Beautiful pic!

Interior was fully stripped, roll-cage, O2 system and race seat added, normal steering wheel (no surprise ;)), suspension tweaks (active Bilsteins, sway-bars), lightweight UP wheels/Yoko slicks. Race pads and if I were a bettin' man, I'd guess upgraded calipers/rotors. Lastly, tons of aero. Drivetrain and the rest of the body was stock to my knowledge.

Did you watch the race by the way? Randy was moving! He's probably a biased source, but he had a lot to say about the car on his YouTube channel.

RY01

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ducati
Country flag
Beautiful pic!

Interior was fully stripped, roll-cage, O2 system and race seat added, normal steering wheel (no surprise ;)), suspension tweaks (active Bilsteins, sway-bars), lightweight UP wheels/Yoko slicks. Race pads and if I were a bettin' man, I'd guess upgraded calipers/rotors. Lastly, tons of aero. Drivetrain and the rest of the body was stock to my knowledge.

Did you watch the race by the way? Randy was moving! He's probably a biased source, but he had a lot to say about the car on his YouTube channel.

Basically a stock Plaid with some bolt on go fast bits from unplugged and a stripped interior and a roll cage and required safety equipment. They literally had 2 weeks to prep the car.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-s-plaid-pikes-peak-race/

"The body is stock except for a huge front splitter and a gigantic adjustable rear wing. Likewise, the Plaid racer retains its factory air springs, however, it employs custom Unplugged Performance/Bilstein dampers and a three-way adjustable rear anti-roll bar. The car rides on Yokohama Advan slicks on custom forged aluminum wheels. The so-called Pikes Plaid retains its stock brake calipers but subs in Unplugged Performance/PFC rotors. Air jacks? Yes ma'am. This thing is a real race car. Before the car gets to Colorado, the company intends to fit its front end with a set of fully adjustable upper controls arms, adjustable rear camber arms, and high-performance brake pads."

Last edited:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
personally, I don't mind 'JustLooking' trolling/flaming/promoting Tesla in this comparison.

I also think it is great that they are putting out a sub-2sec car. To me, this should only motivate Porsche to invest more in EV technology, buy more stake in Rimac, etc.

All in all this is capitalism at its best and the consumer decides. I also think that a fast-follower often beats out a first entry into a category. Taycan is the first gen of the Porsche EV....Plaid is not.

This is the exact reason I leased my Taycan (first time I ever considered leasing.....anything), just do to the fact that I believe that these advancements will ultimately have Porsche release a Tesla-killer at a second or third gen and ultimately have better fit/finish, drivability/cornering and everything else that is the overall experience of a daily driver.

Disclaimer: I was a VW nut when I was young, was a BMW nut later, now am a Porsche 'fan-boy', so take my optimism with a grain of salt....I am bias toward Porsche and honestly dislike everything Elon.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If they are going to postpone me once again, I’m going to check Mercedes EQS.
Sponsored