If you have Sport Sound in your Taycan - do you use it most of the time?

• Total voters

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
In built up areas with pedestrians around it’s very useful and I switch it on whenever I’m in these situations. . The car needs to make some noise in town so why not amplify the noise from the motors?

When driving aggressively on back country roads with the music loud it definitely adds to the whole experience too.

At constant speeds on motorways it quickly becomes a droning sound that I switch off.
Sponsored

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I have it “off” in my normal drive mode, and “on” on my customizable individual drive mode (with has sport + turned on for everything). It’s fun every once and while. Turns some heads… but not why I do it. Every once and awhile it’s fun to hear some noise again. I’d say I’m 75% normal (off) and 25% individual (on)

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
On all the time as it puts the little one right to sleep.

it’s an amazing sound too. Wish it was even louder!

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
When I had a demo of the Taycan I switched the sport sound off after about 30 seconds, and the same even at the PEC Silverstone driving fast. I didn't bother to spec it on my CT4S as a result.
If you do like it do you leave it on most of the time though, or only in certain circumstances?
Pros:
-nice sound to some
-give you a gauge for the power/speed you are at
-eliminate some rattle sounds

Cons:
-nothing to match vs ICE (nothing to do - but ok it is EV :) )
-could easily give on nerves of the pips in the car
-sport plus auto on
-cost

I found myself to not turning on at all , as It allows me to put the audio sound lower

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
I'll let you know - i have ordered this on the basis that to retrofit sport sound because of the extra speakers is £1700, so the price seamed worth it...

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
It came with the standard spec of my GTS. I see the usefulness with pedestrians around. Apart from that: never. Why create sound when it isn't necessary? Why burden my ears with extra decibel? My tinnitus gives me enough background noise.
i had an Audi RS e-tron GT where it cannot be turned off. What a joy to be able to drive the Taycan in what is much closer to silence.
Besides, the noises that are there fully naturally are interesting. Wheels, motors, gears, wind - and possibly something that is wrong and is hearable then. It is refined in a way that ICE can hardly be.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I am surprised about the 50/50-ish.
I had the idea most people didn't like it but obviously there are more that like it as much as I do.
I guess Porsche made de right decision to make it a choice.
Well done Porsche. 🤗
Good poll too.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I didnt have it on my 4S Nov 20 to Jan 22.
I didnt miss it
Got a GTS May 22 and got it as standard, it's the advanced, unique 'GTS Sport Sound'
Woo Hoo
I put the rear seats down and whizzed about once, its a bit of fun, like Launch Control.
Usually its just irritating - I definitely wouldnt bother if its not standard
As said before dont spoil the limousine quality peace of a Taycan
You dont need Sound Insulating Glass either
The standard Taycan is as quiet as a mausoleum at 100mph
Only the 21" wheels spoil it a bit and that rumble comes through the chassis

This brings me to my favourite spec.......
Sound Insulating Glass WITH Sport Sound
Completely and utterly contradictory bonkers.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I ticked the “no” box on the survey but TBH I never really gave this a chance. I turned it on twice in the first 48 hours of ownership and never turned it on again. I am going to try leaving it on for a couple of days to develop a more informed opinion. I’ll call it the “Sports Sound Challenge”. Open invitation for others to take the challenge with me and we can collectively report back.
Yesterday was day one of my “Sports Sound Challenge”, two things:
- The sound seemed to fit when I was doing a little sporty driving, in some ways encouraging me to push a bit harder. However, it was a bit weird and annoying at times because most of the time I was just cruising/commuting.
- It’s an attention getter to those outside the car…in my case, the attention wasnt needed. One of the previous posters made a comment about showing off. That is what it seemed like I was doing.

Will keep going for at least another day.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I don't have sound insulating glass either. The places I drive, very little noise comes in that way anyway.
[edit:]
Once upon a time I was an architect with some practical knowledge of noise insulation.

RPSRPS

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 TAYCAN GTS / '22 F150 HYBRID / '19 RANGER
Country flag
I drive to work at 5:30am, lots of dear on my route, figure it lowers my odds and improves theirs - that is when I turn it on.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61