Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Greetings. I have just joined the forum as I am considering getting a new Taycan 4S/GTS. The abundance of various options feels overwhelming.
Power-wise I would be happy with the 4S. At the same time, the heavily optioned 4S is only slightly cheaper than the GTS that comes with some of these options by default. Plus, I am concerned that a heavily optioned car will depreciate much faster.

Is there a comprehensive options guide for Taycan somewhere on the web? Just having a simple breakdown like the one below would be very helpful:
- must have (meaningfully improves the driving experience/will make it more challenging to sell the car without the option/adds value)
- personal preference (design etc.)
- avoid (unlikely to be used/will depreciate fast).

Draft builds:
GTS (163k) : http://www.porsche-code.com/PP8YRAZ4
4S (150k) : http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMN7RZ5

Updated configurations for GTS:
RS wheels: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDNAQP2
ME wheels: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPEKB1F6

Thanks so much!
Personally, I like your build with the RS Spider wheels (the $158830 build). My only suggestions are:

Add: Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport).

Add: Pedals in Aluminum

Add: Porsche Intelligent Range Manager

Delete: Brake Calipers in High Gloss Black

After all, you're buying a Porsche for its handling and fun factor and while the brake calipers might look cool in black, they won't do a thing to enhance the performance like the PDCC Sport. The aluminum pedals are a cheap option and will not exhibit the wear and tear of the standard pedals. The Intelligent Range Manager is also dirt cheap. You're spending $158K on a car. The $300 charge for that option is pennies in the scheme of things.
Sponsored

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, definitely agree with that scale, pre-GTS. I think GTS would now be #1!
Before going "there", my 2 cents:
Buy the car you want to drive, not the one you want to sell.

But since we're doing the depreciation math:

I went through quite a bit of that math for my 911, and if the same rules hold,
then I would wager:

4S and GTS "stock" will likely have very similar depreciation.
Where the difference comes in is that options depreciate more quickly than the "stock" price....
so if your 4S configuration ends up "ticking a lot of boxes" that are standard in the GTS, the equivalent GTS build will do better, because the same options are in the base price there, not in options. If you would end up adding substantial options to either, and the 4S options don't overlap with what's standard in the GTS all that much, then I predict it will be a toss up.

SThurlow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you can afford it and can wait then go for the GTS seems to have all the options i would pick..

I‘d get it ordered asap as you still have time to change the options.
Make sure you check in the wait time for 4S vs GTS. When I placed my order, the queue for the 4S was much shorter, which made my decision for me…

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

But since we're doing the depreciation math:

I went through quite a bit of that math for my 911, and if the same rules hold,
then I would wager:

4S and GTS "stock" will likely have very similar depreciation.
Where the difference comes in is that options depreciate more quickly than the "stock" price....
so if your 4S configuration ends up "ticking a lot of boxes" that are standard in the GTS, the equivalent GTS build will do better, because the same options are in the base price there, not in options. If you would end up adding substantial options to either, and the 4S options don't overlap with what's standard in the GTS all that much, then I predict it will be a toss up.
Agreed. However current waiting lists appear to be massively longer for the GTS which should support residuals in the next few years,

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes, definitely agree with that scale, pre-GTS. I think GTS would now be #1!
Being pedantic the GTS is not available as a Cross Turismo, one of the reasons I didn't order it.

As an every day car the comfort with a good turn of speed when wanted was more important to me than sporty ride, handling and seating at all times.

Not sure the GTS model will be as popular as it is with the 2-door models long term.

sjkendra87

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi sq5, Range Rover Sport, Ford Ranger
Country flag
Your GTS build looks great to me. If you want to lower the price a bit, I don't think you need the $3k panoramic sunroof with variable light control. I would also say that you may want to consider adding B-Pillar trims in race tex since my car has a very cheap plastic there which I bet will get scratched up.

If you go with the 4s I highly recommend getting gloss black window trim though as the Chalk looks much better with it IMO.
Ive also ordered a chalk/crayon Taycan ST4s. I went with high gloss window trims and high gloss door handles. All personal opinions of course.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Being pedantic the GTS is not available as a Cross Turismo, one of the reasons I didn't order it.
fair point.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Agree. I am also purchasing a CT 4S as it's the model I want and, although there are certain standard elements of the GTS I like, most (for me) can be optioned into the 4S.

In terms of cost, I also found there was more than a 5k price difference (GTS over the 4S) when I compared the two in my chosen spec.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
100%.
Pick the car you want with all of the options you want and then start removing options if needed to get to what you can afford.
Then, and only then, run out the math on the best way to buy the configuration you have chosen.
options are rarely profitable on resale, and at best can merely make it faster to sell the car, but hardly anyone pays more for options on a car, but that’s not why you get them or not when ordering a Porsche. Nice to get exactly what you want.
I have also never understood people who don’t really use their cars. It’s like preserving a girlfriend for her next boyfriend. I have a collectible 911, but it’s not in a bubble and I even drive it in snow (nothing better than Scandinavian flicks and rooster tails in a 911 with snow tires). It has 30K miles at this point so I’m definitely not letting resale value impact my usage, just like I didn’t let resale value or depreciation rates impact my options choices on my Taycan (I loaded up).

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree. I am also purchasing a CT 4S as it's the model I want and, although there are certain standard elements of the GTS I like, most (for me) can be optioned into the 4S.

In terms of cost, I also found there was more than a 5k price difference (GTS over the 4S) when I compared the two in my chosen spec.
Is the GTS Cross Turismo (I.e., the “Sport Turismo”) really not available in the UK?

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

As an every day car the comfort with a good turn of speed when wanted was more important to me than sporty ride, handling and seating at all times.

Not sure the GTS model will be as popular as it is with the 2-door models long term.
I was given option to swap out my order for the Sport Turismo, and I almost did, except for the same reasons you noted and the fact that the Sport Turismo blunted the “all weather” features that made me want to get a CT in the first place. For example, roof rails look good with off road package but think they might look a little off on a Sport Turismo. The best part of the Sport Turismo in my opinion is that you can get a bargain on a pretty focused concept if you get the interior package and just leave the rest of the options alone because Sport Turismo is already targeted to a good place

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag

I think you meant "was" not available (when you ordered)? Because a GTS Sport Turismo is currently available.

This thread de-railed pretty quickly. lol.

Back to the topic, sorta - go with the GTS. It comes with a lot of the options you'd pay a lot more for in the 4s.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think you meant "was" not available (when you ordered)? Because a GTS Sport Turismo is currently available.

This thread de-railed pretty quickly. lol.

Back to the topic, sorta - go with the GTS. It comes with a lot of the options you'd pay a lot more for in the 4s.
But the Cross Turismo isn’t. It is 2 cm higher compared to the Sport Turismo.
Sponsored