Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
This morning’s showing after an overnight charge to 100% was 249 miles, slipping to 240 as soon as I started to move. I rarely go out of normal mode.

The SatNav has reverted to German ( again ) and the right hand charge-port has stuck open ( yet again ) for the 4th time. Is this a record ?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think I must have seen the most loss in range since the big update.

I have a '22 4S with 21" wheels and was driving it mostly in Sport mode before the update and in Normal mode post update.

Prior to the update my range had been increasing to 260 miles @ 100%.

Post update, 2k miles later driving it the same way, my range is now 212 miles @ 100%.

WTF.
Relearning is my guess. I'm in the same boat and have my 2 year service coming - I suspect this is either a software glitch or a re-learning (as per the brakes). I would not have expected this on a MY22 however.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Pre update I got a max estimated range 278 miles, post update latest max range estimate 285 mi. Minor improvement:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Range Test With New Software Update PSX_20221004_143528

2021 Cross Turismo 4S with 20" Turbo Aero wheels.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Pre update I got a max estimated range 278 miles, post update latest max range estimate 285 mi. Minor improvement:

PSX_20221004_143528.jpg

2021 Cross Turismo 4S with 20" Turbo Aero wheels.
I have to ask but was your AC on normal, eco or Eco Plus and was it on the same setting when you did the comparison?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Relearning is my guess. I'm in the same boat and have my 2 year service coming - I suspect this is either a software glitch or a re-learning (as per the brakes). I would not have expected this on a MY22 however.
Does relearning needs 2000+km?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does relearning needs 2000+km?
For the battery I would hope not.

In short I don't know but will update the the thread if this is part of the explanation - my sense is not.

Brake re-learning was a few hundred miles and is 100% related to the uPdate depending on MY.

Reactions: B61

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
For the battery I would hope not.

In short I don't know but will update the the thread if this is part of the explanation - my sense is not.

Brake re-learning was a few hundred miles and is 100% related to the uPdate depending on MY.
Do you still get additional "re-learning range improvement" or at least restoration of the range you had before? Clocking in several additional hundreds of miles meanwhile, I do not get the impression that I will get back to my pre-uPdate range/efficiency. Lots of variables, though, as it gets a bit colder now...

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do you still get additional "re-learning range improvement" or at least restoration of the range you had before? Clocking in several additional hundreds of miles meanwhile, I do not get the impression that I will get back to my pre-uPdate range/efficiency. Lots of variables, though, as it gets a bit colder now...
I don't know yet.

I've had some range restored but not all. Initial response from the dealer is that it shouldn't lose range nor does it require re-learning. The car has its 2yr inspection later this month and will know more then.

I'll be charging to 100% tonight to see what I get.

85% charge with AC set to Normal reported 163 miles (PB+ !!!) and 202 miles at 100% the first week post uPdate.

More recently 85% reported 186 miles (similar ambient temps).

Clearly something is changing (or re-learning).

Overall the car will expect to do 259 miles and return 3.3 mi/kWh and so the battery charge display is reporting something different for whatever reason.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I don't know yet.

I've had some range restored but not all. Initial response from the dealer is that it shouldn't lose range nor does it require re-learning. The car has its 2yr inspection later this month and will know more then.

I'll be charging to 100% tonight to see what I get.

85% charge with AC set to Normal reported 163 miles (PB+ !!!) and 202 miles at 100% the first week post uPdate.

More recently 85% reported 186 miles (similar ambient temps).

Clearly something is changing (or re-learning).

Overall the car will expect to do 259 miles and return 3.3 mi/kWh and so the battery charge display is reporting something different for whatever reason.
I am crossing my fingers for you (and for myself).

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I have to ask but was your AC on normal, eco or Eco Plus and was it on the same setting when you did the comparison?
All same settings for direct comparison, I know how changing AC or drive mode settings will change range estimates

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I seem to be on the lower end of the range here for my 2020 Taycan Turbo with Mission E Wheels in hot South Florida. My first charge to 100% post software update did get me an increased range to 232 miles. Before the update it was never more than 199 miles. So, I'm at least glad to have the increase.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Only 244 miles overnight this time. I didn’t really need a charge, but in the past, the act of charging and removing the connector has released the port-cover…. Not this time though, so it’s still stuck open.

This means of course that the left-hand one ( for a rapid charge ) won’t open, which restricts my movements. Be warned !

Porsche’s solution is of course to ‘bring it in’ - a return journey of 120 miles, plus waiting time.

Maybe they could return my sat-nav to English and fix the irritating central locking at the same time, plus the three upgrades I’ve been promised.

I recall having a BMW 6 Series once and eventually, the pleasure of driving it was overcome by the myriad irritating glitches, which meant I sold it early.

That’s beginning to happen now, after only 8,000 miles.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I noticed another inconsistency of onboard computer, ie. data interpretation.
On central tube, there was: 50% SoC, 175km available.
On right screen, there was (info since charging): 202 km made (with 50% of SoC)... so the question is: will I make another 202 km for the rest of 50%, or 175km only?
(I'll never know, since I'm going to charge it before...)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My latest 100% charge now reports 227 miles (13C ambient) so I still feel short changed but it has been creeping upwards.

This morning's 85% charge registered 189 miles (222 miles @ 100% equivalent).
Sponsored