CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really surprised as very disappointed at Porschetrying to fool people into an agreement like this!

There was a post recently by a member from Germany who had the small and large service r price for a Taycan! I could not find that just now.

If I remember correctly the prices quoted from a Porsche Zentrum was in the region of 3 to 400 Euro each!
Disgraceful attempts from the Porsche centres to send out offers like the one you have received.
I got the same from Porsche Wolverhampton this morning. Clearly targeting all of us. I only got the car late December,
Sponsored

travisfickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan
Country flag
Are there any ex Tesla or other EV owners who have servicing experience who can enlighten us on what a service entails?
The prices quoted in this thread are eye-watering!

I have a BMW i3s (2018). I paid £239 for a service pack from the dealer. That included a single service (at 2 years). It involved an inspection, brake pads and disc check, and brake fluid and microfilter change. There is not much else that is required for an EV really. I found out that the cost without a service pack would have been around £300 (£60 parts, £190 labour, plus VAT).

I know there are EU regulations which may help. They are known as the "Block Exemption" Regulations. They still apply in the UK. I think the effect of them is that you can service your car at an independent garage without voiding the warranty.

There is some information here, although it is not Porsche-specific: https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/service-repair/right-to-repair-campaign

I am going to look into this a bit further. I am awaiting delivery of my 4S, so I am still some way off needing to be too concerned, but it is worth knowing!

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It sounds like they charge you £1000 for the visual inspection and another 1000 for topping your battery once.
You should ask for a breakdown of the cost per service.

Last edited:

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that these prices are ridiculous.
Also got these prices yesterday. My immediate reaction was W....T....F. Absolutely shocking. This is after - way back in October 2019 admittedly - when I put the order in for the car, I specifically asked the dealer whether service prices would be high having seen some high numbers for Tesla owners. He said that they don't have final prices yet, but they are likely to be really low since there's not much to do servicing an electric car. Rip-off. Just hoping there will be third-parties able to do this when I need it in 18 months time.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I wonder what Audi will charge for servicing the E-tron gt.

rparsons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volco XC90 Inscription Pro, 4S Build Slot reserved
Country flag
So before I start effing and jeffing, how does this fit into the Porsche strategy then?

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/luxury/...20Taycan_Post-Sale%20Service%20Plan_FINAL.pdf

I found this having tried to find out myself. Given it’s only a 3 yr warranty I am thinking I’ll get it done elsewhere in accordance with the Porsche terms. I agree it’s a total rip-off with only brake fluid being any meaningful work. I own btw, as opposed to lease and intend to keep for the long term, so I don’t have lease obligations to meet - which I can well imagine Porsche have spotted an opportunity to exploit

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
So before I start effing and jeffing, how does this fit into the Porsche strategy then?

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/luxury/_jcr_content/content/section_copy/section_parsys/faqcontainer_907711006/faqcontainer_parsys/topic/topic_parsys/faq/answer_parsys/link_387249727/link.download.pdf/Porsche%20Taycan_Post-Sale%20Service%20Plan_FINAL.pdf

I found this having tried to find out myself. Given it’s only a 3 yr warranty I am thinking I’ll get it done elsewhere in accordance with the Porsche terms. I agree it’s a total rip-off with only brake fluid being any meaningful work. I own btw, as opposed to lease and intend to keep for the long term, so I don’t have lease obligations to meet - which I can well imagine Porsche have spotted an opportunity to exploit

Interesting the figures in that doc are a little more what I expected and this is still available on line - shows it is a complete rip off. I have written to my Porsche Centre asking for a breakdown relative to the work required, time estimate and hourly engineers rate.

I wonder if the OFT would be interested in this.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Interesting the figures in that doc are a little more what I expected and this is still available on line - shows it is a complete rip off. I have written to my Porsche Centre asking for a breakdown relative to the work required, time estimate and hourly engineers rate.

I wonder if the OFT would be interested in this.
Wow, so they decided to triple the price?! Not only OFT, but there is some anti-competitive behaviour going on if we are tied to Porsche to carry-out the service.

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
Although I, and i am sure many of you are a long way from servicing i just received an email from Porsche Mayfair about service plans based on 2 services over 4 years or 3 over 6 years for the most expensive pack. the pricing seems crazy

£2304 2 services only
£2484 2 services, wiper blades, MOT, battery charged
£4,500 3 services, MOT, wiper, battery charged and brakes

extra levy for PCSB 300 and PCCB 480

i mean if this is the payment upfront option how much is going to be if we walk in?
When I bought my 4S in Nov 2020 from Bolton Porsche I signed up to a £24/month service plan for 3 years (= £864) which covers the first 2 services over 4 years. My car has PSCB but they didn't add anything on for that. Looks like the price has shot up since then.
Will

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I bought my 4S in Nov 2020 from Bolton Porsche I signed up to a £24/month service plan for 3 years (= £864) which covers the first 2 services over 4 years. My car has PSCB but they didn't add anything on for that. Looks like the price has shot up since then.
Will
thats a good deal

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
Although I, and i am sure many of you are a long way from servicing i just received an email from Porsche Mayfair about service plans based on 2 services over 4 years or 3 over 6 years for the most expensive pack. the pricing seems crazy

£2304 2 services only
£2484 2 services, wiper blades, MOT, battery charged
£4,500 3 services, MOT, wiper, battery charged and brakes

extra levy for PCSB 300 and PCCB 480

i mean if this is the payment upfront option how much is going to be if we walk in?
... a lot because apparently in addition to the service costs the customer pays for “mandatory drainage checks”. I am guessing it is the battery but feels more like my bank account.
I have posted separately at
#Expensive Mandatory Drainage Checks

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
maybe there is Porsche Aproved warranty also in that price?It is about 1000€/year after 2 years.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
maybe there is Porsche Aproved warranty also in that price?It is about 1000€/year after 2 years.
Are there any ex Tesla or other EV owners who have servicing experience who can enlighten us on what a service entails?
I had my Jaguar I Pace serviced at 21000/2 years at a cost of £199.00.
Porsche servicing pricing is a disgrace.
Sponsored