cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I have now an issue. But I am not sure if it is related to the update or just a coincidence:

when I close the driver’s door the frameless window goes up, but not fully. It lacks some 5 to 10 mm. But that is enough that I have much more noise from turbulences unless I move it up fully by pulling the window-lift switch in the door.

I have also recorded it on video and sent it to my Porsche Center. Let’s see if they are aware of this and have a solution.

anybody else here having the same issue?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I have now an issue. But I am not sure if it is related to the update or just a coincidence:

when I close the driver’s door the frameless window goes up, but not fully. It lacks some 5 to 10 mm. But that is enough that I have much more noise from turbulences unless I move it up fully by pulling the window-lift switch in the door.

I have also recorded it on video and sent it to my Porsche Center. Let’s see if they are aware of this and have a solution.

Tesla has an operation you can perform to set the max height. Perhaps Porsche has the same.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

dealer can fix this - it's a calibration issue - not sure if you as customer can do it - or requires dealer computer - but it's fixable and fairly simple - but still a pain if you have to bring it into service.

MadsK

First Name
Mads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

scroll the window all the way down. then roll the window all the way up and hold the switch in the up position for 5-10 sec. the setting should then be recalibrated.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
scroll the window all the way down. then roll the window all the way up and hold the switch in the up position for 5-10 sec. the setting should then be recalibrated.
Thanks, I’ll try that tomorrow. I had rolled it all the way down and up again but I didn’t keep it pulled for longer when it was up.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes this is the recalibration method for other models.
But my Macan was losing the calibration every few days for both front windows and it turned out the 4 button switch at driver door was faulty. So if you find yourself recalibrating often then it is either the window regulator motor or the switch. If more than one windows need recalibration then it is almost certainly the switch with the four buttons at driver side.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am picking up my car later today as the update is complete. Porsche said they need to replace the sport chrono clock and the dealer said it may take a few weeks for the part to arrive. Happy the car is drivable in the meantime though vs having to leave it at the dealer.

It is a little wild that these parts are getting fried/broken by the update. I assume as dealers do more of these they will get better at it?
Exact same thing happened to me. I have to wait until end of May until the new clock arrives in Bellevue.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My ParkAssist fails frequently after the update. Before I had only one ParkAssist error in 4 months. After the update ParkAssist fails once a week. Certainly a software bug since a restart fixes the problem. All sensors and cameras are clean and I don't have PPF.

Porsche Taycan Taycan software update - reported problems post update 20210425_091506

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Well, dropped my car off last Monday, so it's been a solid week. I had also notified them of an intermittent charging issue on my DC port.

Got a weird and very impersonal text that I thought was spam on Friday saying that they were hoping it'd be done by Monday or Tuesday, which is very unlike my dealer...they're usually super awesome.

Anyway...I kept getting notifications on my phone about charging errors. And, as of Saturday evening, the car was laying dormant like that...not too sure if that just means it's in private or inactive mode or whatever, but needless to say...I'm freakin' out.

• Wow
Reactions: Dee

mziegler38

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 991.2 C4S
Country flag
My 2020 was updated one week ago. All good on results. Especially like the wireless car play and better navi map.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sadly all these problems and long delay times show how poor the Porsche system design and upgrade capabilities are. I'm a realtime embedded software engineer, this upgrade is the type of upgrade many systems have been using for 40 years. For the dealer and user this could be as easy as upgrading your iPhone I don't own a Tesla, but this is probably what they do.

The system should be upgraded OTA (Over The Air) using WiFi! The release packages and configuration parameters should be stored on Porsche cloud servers. It should all be automatic, using the VIN to configure the upgrade modules, new and old parameters which can also be checked against exsting parameters so things the user had configured won't be changed unless it is required for new features or changes. It can be locked in many ways by Porsche to only allow certain upgrades at dealers if they want. You could even allow users to pre-configure all new features via the app before an upgrade occurs. We should also have an app to configure everything about our cars. I worry that Porsche management is not tech savy enough to listen to modern software architects. After all they still are using Turbo and Turbo S as marketing monikers.

I love my 4S, don't love the app, car GUI, upgrade problems, manual (not nearly enough information) etc... Yes this is a new model and I did expect some teething problems. I hope they are able to change their car design/build paradigm to a software centric one away from iron centric.

Tyny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s+
Country flag
Taycan my20 4s went in for update last Thursday. Friday they told me they had a problem with PCM (told me the screen is just loading and nothing happens). They contacted someone (Germany I suppose). Haven't read the whole thread, but apparently my car has the same issue as many others here have.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
No problems to report with WMA5/7 MY20 update completed yesterday.
Although I did have to refresh the SXM signal.

In service for a total of 4 days with Macan loaner.
All updates working as expected.

I would like to find out how to display vehicle SOC on the PMCC.
Sponsored