Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now, I don't know about you all, but there's no way I’d let my teenager drive my Taycan with their friends at 4 AM or anytime, come to think of it.
I would be surprised if the parents gave her permission to drive.

I have a hard time believing any parent who can afford a Taycan wouldn't just for an Uber for a late night party.

Although since the other passengers were 19 and 20, it is possible this was her car (graduation gift) and she doesn't live with her parents anymore.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
This accident happened in Ann Arbor MI, where i went to school years ago. That shell station was literally right across the street where i lived for two years, where i used to fill up my station wagon Saab back in the day (my friends used to make fun of that car all the time, they’d call it “midwestern mom car” having just come from Europe i really liked SW cars. That road is plymouth road, pretty wide 2+2 lane road and that section is a downhill steep curve which always felt straight out of a computer game. Today i own a taycan with mission E’s and seeing mission E’s fly through my old gas station just felt like a very odd coincidence.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Amazing that anyone can possibly survive a crash like that. Modern safety standards are just complete magic sometimes.

The amount of force required to get a Taycan to spin like glitchy video game physics must be absolutely insane.

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
You guys can laugh at this, but it’s not funny. When even stupid Toyota ads show a silly smile faced girl pushed back in her seat from EV acceleration (“zoomified” as the ad says), the fun days of EVs are surely numbered. Horrific accidents will be more commonplace as the stupidity with which so many drivers display is combined with the rapid change in kinetic energy possible from EV acceleration. Pretty soon, federally required nannies are going to take the fun out of this. Or insurance data spies.

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
This accident happened in Ann Arbor MI, where i went to school years ago. That shell station was literally right across the street where i lived for two years, where i used to fill up my station wagon Saab back in the day (my friends used to make fun of that car all the time, they’d call it “midwestern mom car” having just come from Europe i really liked SW cars. That road is plymouth road, pretty wide 2+2 lane road and that section is a downhill steep curve which always felt straight out of a computer game. Today i own a taycan with mission E’s and seeing mission E’s fly through my old gas station just felt like a very odd coincidence.

Wow, I am class of '13, used to live in Courtyards apartment right next to this gas station as well. Funny that i feel the same weirdness watching this video, thinking back, AND seeing your post.

I used to fill up, get my tires pumped etc at this Shell too, after grabbing some No Thai from across the street. Not sure if we've had any overlaps.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
The passanger and drivers are of chinese ethnicity/nationality.
I gotta say it. Go ahead and bash me for posting what every non asian driver is thinking. ---This explains A LOT.

I was young and petulant once having had my fair share of tickets as a teenage driver but I never made the news. Got stuck in a ditch and had to get towed out during a snowstorm (lost my bumper cover in the embankment!) so my pride was bruised but this was something else entirely.

I think bluesky might be right, EVs are going to be legislated to death in terms of allowable acceleration. If that car rolled into my parked car, I'd be really pissed. The car missed hitting things like how I bowl, down the center and still managing to miss every pin.

Last edited:

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Stupid applies equally to all ethnicities. Young and thinking they will live forever probably applies better to this situation.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Wow, I am class of '13, used to live in Courtyards apartment right next to this gas station as well. Funny that i feel the same weirdness watching this video, thinking back, AND seeing your post.

I used to fill up, get my tires pumped etc at this Shell too, after grabbing some No Thai from across the street. Not sure if we've had any overlaps.
I am class of 07 so like no overlap. I was in park pointe apartments right across the street. I used to grab thai food from that place too :)
Sponsored