UK order status and delays?

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
@ss782b We had a similar build date and I thought I was lucky with my car getting to Grimsby on May 18 but despite three deliveries of cars to my opc this week it’s still in Grimsby. My SA can’t give me any indication of how cars are allocated to transporters or when mine will appear. Getting used to my sons 500S and the cash earning interest!
Almost there now, hopefully not much longer!
Sponsored

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I chased again and I was advised it is at Emden and has been since the start of May, but no idea how accurate that info is!

The latest update is that the car is expected at the OPC by the end of June. Obviously, I am taking that with a handful of salt given the number of times that date has been put back.

I am certain I will be joining the July deliveries thread if not August at this rate.
It’s now been sat at Emden for 6 weeks with no further updates. Trying hard not to lose my patience with the dealer as they don’t seem to have any information either.

just_Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Mini Cooper
Country flag
It’s now been sat at Emden for 6 weeks with no further updates. Trying hard not to lose my patience with the dealer as they don’t seem to have any information either.
I got the excuse that we cannot tell you anything as it may impact the share price this week...

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I imagine there is also an issue of space. Dealers are ramed with cars on stop sales so they may be saying keep them at the ports for now!

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
It is a joke. My SA said he has 3-4 cars stuck and no feedback. He has written to logistics to find out what's going on. He has not provided as much info as his sales manager has. I am hoping to have the car by the end of the month.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Good news - I'm no longer driving the dealership's Taycan Turbo S!

Bad news - that doesn't mean my car has arrived, just that they had a potential buyer for the car and I was happy to be flexible and return it for a different car (2023 Panamera 4 hybrid).
:)
My car has now moved from WNT9 to WNT8 (so >50 days from build date) which means that we are pencilling in a collection date for Monday.
:clap:

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
My car has now moved from WNT9 to WNT8 (so >50 days from build date) which means that we are pencilling in a collection date for Monday.
:clap:
I hope you get it. Mine went to WNT8 on 3rd June. Raised this a bit more formally with Porsche Cars GB.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Any hope of a delivery this month is out of the window if this list is exhaustive:

http://www.kess.kline.de/data/files/105/HHSchedule.pdf

If so, there is a vessel from Emden due at Sheerness on Thursday then not another until 28th June. It’s been at least weekly previously.

On the positive side for anyone waiting for a delivery at a northern OPC there seems to be three vessels due at Grimsby in the space of just over a week!

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
Any hope of a delivery this month is out of the window if this list is exhaustive:

http://www.kess.kline.de/data/files/105/HHSchedule.pdf

If so, there is a vessel from Emden due at Sheerness on Thursday then not another until 28th June. It’s been at least weekly previously.

On the positive side for anyone waiting for a delivery at a northern OPC there seems to be three vessels due at Grimsby in the space of just over a week!
Interesting. Is this the only shipping company bringing cars from Emden to the UK? I've not paid much attention to any of this but now my car is almost built I am getting curious to know the process from factory to dealership.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Interesting. Is this the only shipping company bringing cars from Emden to the UK? I've not paid much attention to any of this but now my car is almost built I am getting curious to know the process from factory to dealership.
Likewise. I am unsure if it is a definitive list or if others are used too.

On a separate note, it seems my car is still in Germany due to quality control hold, so not just due to shipping congestion. Currently, no further information is available though.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I was told mine was at Emden since mid April. Learnt the “truth” today. I would press your dealership for more info.
I’m still being told it is at Emden but also been advised today it is subject to a quality control hold. Possibly similar to you.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Emden to Sheerness is nearly always one of those ships listed there but that’s not the full schedule.
Emden to Grimsby also has Ems Highway and Weser Highway
However, I recently took delivery of a Cayman and I’m pretty sure it was transported to Sheerness on this ship which isn’t a K Line vessel:
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9491898
Sponsored