UK order status and delays?

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Followed up yesterday for an update, and I was a bit more direct with my question. The info I have now received suggests my car is held on a recall stop sale (no sh!t) and they are waiting for parts. The parts are VIN specific and are not sent out in any logical chronological order and therefore no timeline can be guaranteed. I went a little further to the tree to get more clarity. I have been told they will investigate a little further and revert. Hope to get an email today.
Sponsored

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
The follow up.

Car complete 12 April, left factory 13 April, due at Emden 14 April.

Apparently the car didn't make it to Emden, and was subject to a hold between 13 April and 25 May. No reason given for the 6 week hold except for; maybe they were waiting for a component to complete the car or it was one of the cars which was taken aside for an extensive random quality check.

It is definitely at Emden now and they hope to have it in the UK within 2 weeks and with me by the end of June. In truth no one knows and the info received over the last 2 days has been more informative.

Does this mean plain sailing from here on in, that's anyone guess but I am not holding my breath!!

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
The follow up.

Car complete 12 April, left factory 13 April, due at Emden 14 April.

Apparently the car didn't make it to Emden, and was subject to a hold between 13 April and 25 May. No reason given for the 6 week hold except for; maybe they were waiting for a component to complete the car or it was one of the cars which was taken aside for an extensive random quality check.

It is definitely at Emden now and they hope to have it in the UK within 2 weeks and with me by the end of June. In truth no one knows and the info received over the last 2 days has been more informative.

Does this mean plain sailing from here on in, that's anyone guess but I am not holding my breath!!
Good luck- hope you take delivery this month. You’re right not to hold your breath, mine’s been sat at Emden for a month now.

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Good luck- hope you take delivery this month. You’re right not to hold your breath, mine’s been sat at Emden for a month now.
I was told mine was at Emden since mid April. Learnt the “truth” today. I would press your dealership for more info.

Chelsea9

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
So confirmation that my Taycan has been built, initial order April 2022 and email from Porsche to activate 'My Porsche'. Excitement curbed by knowledge that it still has to navigate the port in Germany.

The SA warned me that there is a substantial backup at the port !
Told that mine is on the boat tomorrow ! Sounds positive, quick turnaround given others experiences.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I was told mine was at Emden since mid April. Learnt the “truth” today. I would press your dealership for more info.
I chased again and I was advised it is at Emden and has been since the start of May, but no idea how accurate that info is!

The latest update is that the car is expected at the OPC by the end of June. Obviously, I am taking that with a handful of salt given the number of times that date has been put back.

I am certain I will be joining the July deliveries thread if not August at this rate.

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just had a call from the sales guy in Wolverhampton, tell me I have a build date of Dec4th and expected delivery to dealer 22nd Dec. I won’t hold my breath but actually however nice it would be to have it for Christmas, a hold of a few weeks and it move to a new Reg in March is appealing, especially that few week it will be perceived as a year younger.

He did say they are expecting all issues with lack of parts to be resolved by September.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Just had a call from the sales guy in Wolverhampton, tell me I have a build date of Dec4th and expected delivery to dealer 22nd Dec. I won’t hold my breath but actually however nice it would be to have it for Christmas, a hold of a few weeks and it move to a new Reg in March is appealing, especially that few week it will be perceived as a year younger.

He did say they are expecting all issues with lack of parts to be resolved by September.
It's not a "few weeks" if you hold off until March. It's two months. I personally think it would be absolute madness having a car sat at the dealer for over two months, in winter, just so you have a new reg. I can't believe the dealer would be happy with it either.

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I did agree if it arrived in December we would take it but if it goes into Feb. Knowing the usual delays over the Christmas and new year, it’s quite possible it will go that far. In that instance we will wait to have it registered on the new reg.

just_Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Finally got hold of my SA. Confirmed my Taycan CT is on the 50-day hold for the battery which is next Tuesday 👍

Anyone got any experience with how long it takes to do the checks/update and get it ready for delivery? SA was very honest that no car they have has gone past 50 days yet so do not know what to expect.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Finally got hold of my SA. Confirmed my Taycan CT is on the 50-day hold for the battery which is next Tuesday 👍

Anyone got any experience with how long it takes to do the checks/update and get it ready for delivery? SA was very honest that no car they have has gone past 50 days yet so do not know what to expect.
Mine cleared 50 days on Wednesday and moved to WTN8 which takes 3-10 days, not sure if this is due to dealership workload or HQ, hopefully collecting my car next week.

sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
I spoke with my SA yesterday to clarify this 50-day thing. He said nothing is being flagged that would prevent me from picking the car up at the end of this month as planned. Time will tell of course but maybe it was a specific production run or something.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Good news - I'm no longer driving the dealership's Taycan Turbo S!

Bad news - that doesn't mean my car has arrived, just that they had a potential buyer for the car and I was happy to be flexible and return it for a different car (2023 Panamera 4 hybrid).
:)

KV1893

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
@ss782b We had a similar build date and I thought I was lucky with my car getting to Grimsby on May 18 but despite three deliveries of cars to my opc this week it’s still in Grimsby. My SA can’t give me any indication of how cars are allocated to transporters or when mine will appear. Getting used to my sons 500S and the cash earning interest!
Sponsored