simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Seems like the HV heater is the 2023 equivalent of the 2022 12v battery crisis. 😭
Sponsored

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
My Build completion date has now been delayed from 25th Feb to 17th March. Car has started the production stage and VIN showing. My guess is that they’re making alterations to the heating system and not finishing new Taycans until supply of these new systems are at the factory.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have to admit, I'm completely baffled by the updates from my SA.

My car has been built and is at Emden waiting for a ferry, but there's seemingly not going to be a delay for any heater issues.

So I guess that means one of 4 things:

1) They managed to put in a revised heater part when they built the car last week (do they even have a new non-faulty version?)
2) He expects it to be held to be fixed before it's delivered, but that isn't 100% confirmed yet so he isn't telling me
3) He knows it's going to be delayed further but isn't telling me yet in case I flip my lid (again)
4) They are just going to give me the car with a faulty heater and hope it doesn't break

Any thoughts?
The heater issue is a hit or a miss in newly delivered (not yet handed over to the customer) MY23 Taycans. My dealer has had several delivered without issue this month apparently and so I was unlucky.

It is entirely possible (as in my case) the heater failure was only detected during PDI and not as part of the factory checks - coincidence / unlucky / other?? The risk you carry therefore is that if there is a fault it won't be detected until PDI.

Porsche will put a stop sale in place if there is a failure - note only half of mine wasn't working (odd I know) rather than the full system (others have had this) - rather than spoil the handover. This doesn't (unfortunately) preclude a failure thereafter if Porsche are producing and shipping with components of questionable quality thereby carrying some reputational risk.

Still, I now get a 23 Reg (1/3/23) rather than a 22 Reg and pick up the car this afternoon....inshallah!

As for explaining delays it could be attributable to the heater but as this has been an issue since last year it seems odd there are still building cars in 2023 and shipping with pending failures OR it could be another gremlin / supply chain / re-tooling exercise.

Richs99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
The heater issue is a hit or a miss in newly delivered (not yet handed over to the customer) MY23 Taycans. My dealer has had several delivered without issue this month apparently and so I was unlucky.

It is entirely possible (as in my case) the heater failure was only detected during PDI and not as part of the factory checks - coincidence / unlucky / other?? The risk you carry therefore is that if there is a fault it won't be detected until PDI.

Porsche will put a stop sale in place if there is a failure - note only half of mine wasn't working (odd I know) rather than the full system (others have had this) - rather than spoil the handover. This doesn't (unfortunately) preclude a failure thereafter if Porsche are producing and shipping with components of questionable quality thereby carrying some reputational risk.

Still, I now get a 23 Reg (1/3/23) rather than a 22 Reg and pick up the car this afternoon....inshallah!

As for explaining delays it could be attributable to the heater but as this has been an issue since last year it seems odd there are still building cars in 2023 and shipping with pending failures OR it could be another gremlin / supply chain / re-tooling exercise.
Great post, has got me back on the Taycan excitement roller-coaster I first boarded back in 2021....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Great post, has got me back on the Taycan excitement roller-coaster I first boarded back in 2021....
Picked up my new GTS ST yesterday. Second Taycan for me.

Porsche have now stopped shipping Taycan’s due to the heater issue (confirmed by my dealership yesterday) which will be explaining the new delays people are now being informed of.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Porsche have now stopped shipping Taycan’s due to the heater issue (confirmed by my dealership yesterday) which will be explaining the new delays people are now being informed of.
Enjoy!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks, Frank.

I was a bit deflated when collecting just only because of the journey thus far - I feel very privileged and probably need to recalibrate my own expectations if I'm honest.

This is the variant (ST) I've wanted since launch and she is a beauty for sure.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag

My 10 day additional delay has now turned into 3 weeks..............

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

Health to enjoy Adrian.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

Should we expect a lot more pictures to follow soon?!
:like:

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Waiting on CT4, spoke to Centre today and they said up to 40% Taycan production affected by heater problem. Mine on the way luckily.

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
My car now due end of March, from an original date of end of May last year.
I'm not holding my breath.

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Y
My car now due end of March, from an original date of end of May last year.
I'm not holding my breath.
Your car was due for delivery 10 months ago? What reason have they given for this delay?
Sponsored