UK Taycan Insurance

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s also a function of where you live. I have similar quite at £2.200 which is classed as fleet insurance so almost anyone can drive it. I live in London and the car will be on the street parking often. If I insured it under our Daventry office, price was about half.
I have been quoted 2200 on company fleet central london with 8k miles. I’m 36.

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Can anyone recommend a good provider of GAP insurance.

Porsche have offered me 3 years for £599, but when looking online ALA offers 3 years up to £50,000 for £399.

I have insured with Admiral, but they won't do the GAP as it's a company owned car.

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Can anyone recommend a good provider of GAP insurance.

Porsche have offered me 3 years for £599, but when looking online ALA offers 3 years up to £50,000 for £399.

I have insured with Admiral, but they won't do the GAP as it's a company owned car.
I have gone with ALA on the Gap as I believe specifically they allow for company GAP insurance. Mines was at £849 however for 4 years but on a Turbo @£132k. Not sure how that stacks up against your quote?

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I have gone with ALA on the Gap as I believe specifically they allow for company GAP insurance. Mines was at £849 however for 4 years but on a Turbo @£132k. Not sure how that stacks up against your quote?
Their policy wording is concerning in relation to VAT.

What We Will Not Cover: 13. Any VAT element of any claim where you are VAT registered.

It is my understanding that you cannot claim the VAT on an electric vehicle and so the effective price includes VAT even for a VAT registered company.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Use the code MSE25 from Money Saving Expert for 25% discount with ALA. I checked a bunch of others, ALA were cheapest with the code. Some others won‘t cover the high RRP of the Taycan.

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Their policy wording is concerning in relation to VAT.

What We Will Not Cover: 13. Any VAT element of any claim where you are VAT registered.

It is my understanding that you cannot claim the VAT on an electric vehicle and so the effective price includes VAT even for a VAT registered company.
have you called them to ask them about this? If it is not covered then there no point in getting the go because the VAT element is significant on these cars

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
have you called them to ask them about this? If it is not covered then there no point in getting the go because the VAT element is significant on these cars
I will give them a call tomorrow ....

.... after I have collected my car .... YAY!

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Having insurance problems at the moment with my Taycan living outside on the street, not on a driveway or garaged. I'll keep searching... and moving house isn't on the cards until my wife has given birth and settled down which may be middle of next year.

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my UK Car insurance for the 4S.

26 Years old. Just moved onto a newly developed street where not all brokers can locate (thus can't provide a quote for). 4 Years NCD. Do not want a black box.

I only have four companies available to me:

- Quote Detective - £2417
- Direct Line - £2638
- Admiral (with black box) - £4533
- Admiral (without black box) - £5583

No tracker needed to be installed on these options. If I paid for PVTS+, then Churchill come in at £2600+. So think I'm going to go with Quote Detective. But comes with a £1000 voluntary excess + £1000 compulsory excess!

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
I will give them a call tomorrow ....

.... after I have collected my car .... YAY!
Enjoy collection your car and if you could let me know what they say that would be great.

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Having insurance problems at the moment with my Taycan living outside on the street, not on a driveway or garaged. I'll keep searching... and moving house isn't on the cards until my wife has given birth and settled down which may be middle of next year.
Have you tried admiral, they seem to be the cheapest for me. They have two version the insurance box which seems to be the cheapest and the standard insurance.

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag

26 Years old. Just moved onto a newly developed street where not all brokers can locate (thus can't provide a quote for). 4 Years NCD. Do not want a black box.

- Direct Line - £2638

No tracker needed to be installed on these options. If I paid for PVTS+, then Churchill come in at £2600+. So think I'm going to go with Quote Detective. But comes with a £1000 voluntary excess + £1000 compulsory excess!
Seems excessive, I was able to get £1250 for admiral on a Taycan Turbo but I am 35 and have 15 years NCB.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag

- Direct Line - £2638

Nice car to have at 26 - congrats! Direct Line seems a bargain for a big-name insurance company with perks like uninsured driver cover and decent customer service. At (guessing) 2.5% of purchase price seems like a bargain at 26 to me.

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag

- Direct Line - £2638

Have a good update on this!
I rang Quote Detective to proceed and pay and their validation team said that they won't offer me the insurance due to not having comparable driving experience of a car with this BHP!
Therefore, I rang Churchill back, got them to provide a quote on my old address, then explained my situation of living on a newly developed street and they came back with an even cheaper prices of £1647 with a tracker! No brainer! So, have paid for that and the PVTS+ and I pick the car up Friday at 5PM! :D
Sponsored