What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour?

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Quite, when it comes to taste in colour people, and even nationalities, vary a lot.

It also depends on the importance to the buyer of resale, how long they will keep the car and whether they want to avoid clients feeling they are being overcharged by a business using a less subtle one :)
Absolutely. I went silver for this reason but if it was just for me (& no worry about attention), I'd go Mamba Green or Carmine Red. Chalk & Ice Grey are also really nice but I thought the upcharge was outrageous.
Sponsored

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
Isn't black the only colour worth considering on any car?
I find I get very bored with too much colour, but each to their own.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my original order was going to be Neptune, but I saw Neptune in person, and while I think it's beautiful, I prefer the Gentian with its deep undertones and purple tinged appearance that comes out in the light.

also frozen blue is really cool but it's not for me.

my alternates would be volcano grey (owned a MK6 GTI and a B9 A4 in dark grey and it always is classy) followed by chalk. mamba green is SICK but just not my kind of green. British racing for me but PTS is $$$

black is the absolute last color I'd order. not trying to cause any offense, and not knocking anyone's tastes, but it's not what I like for a dark color (dark grey I think presents the curves better)

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've got Genetian Blue and I'm a big fan of it, but rules are rules and can't pick my car's color so beyond my blue, the Mamba Green is probably the absolute best color. If I was ordering, I'd probably go Mamba Green.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? IMG_5460.JPG
Originally I had Neptune blue as my color of choice then saw one in dealer and didn't connect with me for some reason. Went back and forth between silver and ice grey. Saw a targa in cherry red and loved that color and got double thumbs from my wife too even though it was my car.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I have volcano, every time my son sees another taycan on the road, he takes pleasure in telling me theirs is a cooler colour! He wanted neptune (close second for me) and loved frozen blue when he saw it. Must admit i liked it too, but no where near brave enough!

Slightly different question (and I know most aren't buying it for someone else), but which colour has the worst resale value?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Slightly different question (and I know most aren't buying it for someone else), but which colour has the worst resale value?
When I decided to coffee-beige, I had to put 20% deposit (usually, they are taking 10%), so I guess, they were afraid that it would be hard to sell if I'd cancel my order?

btw: as been said zillions of time: colours are personal preferences. I would never buy black (dark) car... while others love black, so I believe that one has to select for himself/herself, not for the next owner...

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I have volcano, every time my son sees another taycan on the road, he takes pleasure in telling me theirs is a cooler colour! He wanted neptune (close second for me) and loved frozen blue when he saw it. Must admit i liked it too, but no where near brave enough!

My dealer said he wouldn’t advise: Frozen Blue, Cherry Red or Frozen Berry. I wasn’t considering those, so not fussed but that’s what he said.

I chose Gentian but I really like Carmine Red. The Carrera White is nice because of th contrast but I told myself before I wouldn’t get a car in a monochrome hue as my last cars had been metallic black, nardo grey and metallic black

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
When I decided to coffee-beige, I had to put 20% deposit (usually, they are taking 10%), so I guess, they were afraid that it would be hard to sell if I'd cancel my order?

btw: as been said zillions of time: colours are personal preferences. I would never buy black (dark) car... while others love black, so I believe that one has to select for himself/herself, not for the next owner...
I've had all different colors of cars over the years, but for the last 16 years all my cars have been white (technically 21 years, but I did own one silver car until 16 years ago). My wife joined the white car club 14 years ago. My kids also have white cars (at lest for now). Coincidentally so do my parents and my in-laws. All the other colors I owned got old for me, white just never does. Black is also nice but having owned one black car, it starts looking dirty within 24hs of washing it and I'm too lazy to wash it every day. My upcoming Taycan is Carrara White to match the rest of the stable.

Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 1665044595020

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
So, whitex stands for white tesla x ... or white whatever car ? ;)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
So, whitex stands for white tesla x ... or white whatever car ? ;)
LOL. You are close. I actually started using this username on a Tesla.com forum long time ago when I had a white Tesla Model X reservation. Ironically however, since Tesla took so long to actually build one (one delay after another), I bought a Model S to hold me over, then another one, then when Model X came out I was so underwhelmed by it, I never bought one at all. I actually bought another 2 more Model S after that, but never a Model X. Since I started using WhiteX on different forums however, and it's generic enough, I just kept it.

PS> you probably didn't notice, but all cars in our family are white AND their names start with a T (Tesla or Toyota) - the car missing from the picture above is a white Toyota RAV4. Tacan gets a pass since its name also starts with a T (even if Porsche doesn't). :CWL:
Sponsored

Last edited: