What battery level you guys recommend charging and up to what max level ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
You are off by 30 milliseconds but I think you are probably OK according to @kort
Oh no! Do you think I’m hurting my battery? Is Porsche going to void my warranty?
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve been doing 80% on my 2022 just because I wanted to preserve the battery health as much as possible and I only drive 5-10 miles on a typical day. Some days I don’t drive at all. Generally I’ve been keeping the battery between 80% and 40%. After reading this thread, I might up it to at least 85%

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I always charge it to 85% the day before I have a long commute, normally it sits idal at 40%. I do drive it empty to around 5% some of the times though.

I'm not sure what is worse for the battery, running it a bit low or fully charging it...

It's my intention to run this car for about 10 years, so if it doesn't hurt the practicality I want to be good for the battery.

Wonxidlo

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello Guys,

I have Porsche Tycan 4s with performance battery plus.At what battery level you guys recommend charging and up to what max level one should charge. Any advice is highly appreciated.
In Porsche they told me to charge it to 100% cause the battery is 93kw but it is possible to charge till 100% (Porsches 100% is around 88%) so u can charge till full.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
In Porsche they told me to charge it to 100% cause the battery is 93kw but it is possible to charge till 100% (Porsches 100% is around 88%) so u can charge till full.
someone gave you poor advice

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
When I collected mine 3 weeks ago from Porsche, it was charged to 96%. When I asked my SA he said it’s fine to charge to that level if you are using it. I’ve still only charged to 85% as I’ve not needed a long run yet.
Picked up my CT from Service today and they also charged it to 96%. When I asked they said you can charge it over 90% with no issues. I guess we won’t really know the answer until 5-6 years from now and someone(who charges every time to over 95%) reports on how much life their battery has left. I generally stick to 85% unless I’m taking a longer trip.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Picked up my CT from Service today and they also charged it to 96%. When I asked they said you can charge it over 90% with no issues. I guess we won’t really know the answer until 5-6 years from now and someone(who charges every time to over 95%) reports on how much life their battery has left. I generally stick to 85% unless I’m taking a longer trip.
there response is contrary to what porsche has published in their owner manual.
be wary of what "facts" are offered from dealerships

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
According to what I have read here, sitting for long time at the higher charge is the issue. If that is indeed correct, then I would assume by the time you have driven it home, it would be at the “safer” level?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reading this thread makes me think a lot of people on this site really need something to help them relax, maybe a drink, maybe some calming music, maybe a really strong laxative.

Don't fast charge a lot and don't bang it to 100 percent all the time. You'll be fine. This is like the people who don't drive their GT3 over 3,000 rpms until they have 2,000 miles on it, meanwhile Porsche bounced it off the rev limiter before it even left the factory. So much worrying over nothing.

The more important question is, should I PPF my rotors, or just the calipers?

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'll charge to 85% mostly fast charging (including Ionity 350KW chargers). Charge 1 to 2 times a week. I never park the car overnight with less then 20%. I did 31000 km in one year and nine months. My battery degradation is 8% so 92% still there (measured at the 30K maintenance by Porsche), so within the specs.

Has anyone else asked Porsche to measure the battery degradation?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Useable battery is 83.7kW on the performance battery plus. 10% is hidden from user.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Reading this thread makes me think a lot of people on this site really need something to help them relax, maybe a drink, maybe some calming music, maybe a really strong laxative.

Don't fast charge a lot and don't bang it to 100 percent all the time. You'll be fine. This is like the people who don't drive their GT3 over 3,000 rpms until they have 2,000 miles on it, meanwhile Porsche bounced it off the rev limiter before it even left the factory. So much worrying over nothing.

The more important question is, should I PPF my rotors, or just the calipers?
Neither!

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Suspect home charging to 100% will have negligible battery impact. Regular Fast charging more of a worry
Sponsored