Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
But has anyone worked out why sometimes the car will remember your dash (and HUD) settings, and sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m damned if I can get it to keep my settings when I want it to...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
But has anyone worked out why sometimes the car will remember your dash (and HUD) settings, and sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m damned if I can get it to keep my settings when I want it to...
There is an issue with the Porsche-ID.
I have the same issue sometimes, also in the different drive modes.
It keeps on switching to factory settings.
My car is in the shop for exactly that, it even doesn't accept my account anymore.
Problem is related to network and server.
Porsche uses a part of the Audi server and it seems there are quite some issues (as the head of mechanic service told me).
Your personal settings are stored in your Porsche-ID and your Porsche-ID is stored, you guessed right, on the server.
My car is in the shop for five days now...

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Left is tire pressure - my favorite thing to monitor on every car. Center small map and right is media list. I can scroll through the FLAC songs on my flash drive or sirius with right scroll and adjust on/off and volume with the left scroll knob. Really fantastic for listening to music/radio. It would be nice to have the option to display gage/battery as well in the middle. I've got Waze on the center display via CarPlay, and don't really need the center map view. I have infrared night vision in the center on auto, so it comes up whenever anything is detected. That is a very cool feature. Then I've got radar/laser readout display in the upper right corner of my rearview mirror.

Porsche Taycan Whats your favourite dash layout ? IMG_0308

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Like this one. I think in the beginning the map in the middle is awesome, even the extended map, but I think that also gets old pretty quick and you go back to something simpeler in the long term.

Most people I know who bought an Audi with Audi Virtual Cockpit all went for the extended satellite view map in the beginning because it’s new and spectacular and than changed back to something more ”relaxed” after a few weeks. I did the same when I test drove the Tacan, could not resist it . See photo below taken during my test drive.

Delivery normally planned next Saturday morning, am gonna start with this view for the first day and then play around afterwards, hoping to get inspired in this topic. ?

The traffic sign recognition, is this standard? Or an option?

20201206_141922.jpg
Love this thread. Are those maps 3D maps? Need to go and have a play as not seen them before?

I’m in map stage still but reduced across the middle with left being speed sign and right being drive mode.

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Love this thread. Are those maps 3D maps? Need to go and have a play as not seen them before?

I’m in map stage still but reduced across the middle with left being speed sign and right being drive mode.
yes 3d option on maps

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag

Indeed!

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cool thread. After some thinking, I've revised my dash to show the 'Satellite View' of the map. It is so much easier to see landmarks and road with this view - terrific! Left stays tire pressure, right is song or station selection. I've panned out to show all the screens including Waze on the center console and the radar/laser display in the mirror. The comments I get most often about the interior is '... it looks like a spaceship...'.

This is one of the reasons I think the black/dark silver interior looks so good - plenty of colors to see in the displays and it really brings out the contrast.

Porsche Taycan Whats your favourite dash layout ? Taycan Screens

Last edited:

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Cool thread. After some thinking, I've revised my dash to show the 'Satellite View' of the map. It is so much easier to see landmarks and road with this view - terrific! Left stays tire pressure, right is song or station selection. I've panned out to show all the screens including Waze on the center console and the radar/laser display in the mirror. The comments I get most often about the interior is '... it looks like a spaceship...'.

This is one of the reasons I think the black/dark silver interior looks so good - plenty of colors to see in the displays and it really brings out the contrast.

View attachment 12130

Does your car remember the satellite view on the dash binnacle?
Mine forgets once it’s been parked for a while and I have to manually re-start the satellite view.
The centre map in the pcm doesn’t forget though.
Frustrating.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does your car remember the satellite view on the dash binnacle?
Mine forgets once it’s been parked for a while and I have to manually re-start the satellite view.
The centre map in the pcm doesn’t forget though.
Frustrating.
NO it doesn't!! I can't keep the settings in the central map display. It seems to randomly reset them and it is extremely frustrating to have to reset. I posted this in another thread and it got moved, but curious to know how many other owners with the central map have to keep resetting when they have 'north up', or 'satellite' selected.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
NO it doesn't!! I can't keep the settings in the central map display. It seems to randomly reset them and it is extremely frustrating to have to reset. I posted this in another thread and it got moved, but curious to know how many other owners with the central map have to keep resetting when they have 'north up', or 'satellite' selected.
Took a long time to train my wife to love maps North up. She uses the passenger display to program and follow our routes and complains because it keeps switching to heading up (the turning picture makes her ill). The center display remains North up.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Took a long time to train my wife to love maps North up. She uses the passenger display to program and follow our routes and complains because it keeps switching to heading up (the turning picture makes her ill). The center display remains North up.
Yes, the center or console map display doesn’t change. We’re talking about the center display in the gauge cluster on the instrument panel.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Yes, the center or console map display doesn’t change. We’re talking about the center display in the gauge cluster on the instrument panel.
May be in sync with the passenger display. Will have to check - never use it in the cluster.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine today after reading this thread, although normally the right hand side shows all drive modes ( not sure if its different as parked up)

Porsche Taycan Whats your favourite dash layout ? 98920250-A313-4CD2-8382-843AD4D7E0A4

Love the Satellite map although as other have said re started car and went back to normal map. Bit annoying!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Left is tire pressure - my favorite thing to monitor on every car. Center small map and right is media list. I can scroll through the FLAC songs on my flash drive or sirius with right scroll and adjust on/off and volume with the left scroll knob. Really fantastic for listening to music/radio. It would be nice to have the option to display gage/battery as well in the middle. I've got Waze on the center display via CarPlay, and don't really need the center map view. I have infrared night vision in the center on auto, so it comes up whenever anything is detected. That is a very cool feature. Then I've got radar/laser readout display in the upper right corner of my rearview mirror.

IMG_0308.jpeg
Nice playlist!