Taycanrati

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is mean! We weren't given the option to not get shitty no-season tires on the Turbo!

I'm still bitter that the Turbo S can get summer tires on the Mission E wheels, and the Turbo couldn't.

And to be on-topic, if I was ordering today, I'd drop the PMCC, but that wasn't a choice in 2020. I would've blown the money from that on the rear climate control, purely for the bling as I almost never have anyone back there. :p
So not happy about mandatory All Season tires. Why force this on a performance oriented car. Bad decision Porsche.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So not happy about mandatory All Season tires. Why force this on a performance oriented car. Bad decision Porsche.
If you're buying custom wheels with summer tires for warm weather driving, and you don't live in an area with heavy snow in the winter, then the all-season tires are good to have for winter use on whichever wheels you optioned from Porsche.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The powered charge ports are not very reliable and can be troublesome
I like it. It can be opened from the inside.

The problem I have, that the timeout to auto close the port is why too short. Instead of 1 min should be at least 5 min.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I really can't "rub" it enough...
It's so so cool, I loooooove it! :)
I'd be lying of the gesture to open the charging port didn't highly remind me of idiotic jokes during my adolescence (can't write that these days!). That alone is why I couldn't bring myself to spec it. The electric slide inwards and upwards is super cool though!

Taycanbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan,991 GTS Targa and 993s
Country flag
I currently drive a Taycan Turbo s with all the "unnecessary" extras which are discussed in the current topic. I think there is a major difference between what you think you would not order again, and what you finally don't order if you configure a new Taycan. As I'm going to switch to a Cross Turismo, I went through the exercise and challenged each extra.

Result: I took all of them again, except the smoking package and even added a few (Night vision, home-link). But my new car will again be a Turbo S (why?), have again PCCB , passenger display, the 4-zone climate.... It's hard not to renounce, once you had something. I was not strong enough to resist the Porsche marketing

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd be lying of the gesture to open the charging port didn't highly remind me of idiotic jokes during my adolescence (can't write that these days!). That alone is why I couldn't bring myself to spec it. The electric slide inwards and upwards is super cool though!
I'm not a fan of the gesture either. I think the best part is that it automatically closes. Even though I know it's just a simple timer, it feels futuristic—like the car is intelligently closing the port when you've completed charging.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I'm not a fan of the gesture either. I think the best part is that it automatically closes. Even though I know it's just a simple timer, it feels futuristic—like the car is intelligently closing when you've completed charging.
What would really be futuristic is wireless charging. They've been talking about it forever though and no real progress.

majugo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo., McLaren 675lt, Lotus elise race car, Honda Cfv, Mercedes slk 300, Peugeot 107; Fiat Panda
Country flag
SURELY YOU REALISE THAT THE SPORT SOUND IS INSIDE the vehicle and not OUTSIDE?
If you are outside, there is always quite significant noise to warn pedestrians. The car is NOT quiet outside at all. Listen to the outside sound in my video at 30 seconds in. https.Youtu.be/wBN91RG1oe4

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
How much does the powered charge port effect aero? By having the powered charge port, you fender vents are no longer pass through, correct? and become solid piece of plastic housing. I'm curious as I'm debating whether or not I should get this for my 4S CT order. I would like the side vents to have a purpose. If they don't effect aero, why have them be pass throughs for the non powered charge ports and solid piece for powered charge ports. Just curious, thanks.

-ThinkMac-

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
so I just finished reading the other thread on this fender aero vents. Looks like I'll keep my manual charge port door. Having power is cool but now I see it as an extra piece of electronic that can go wrong.

-ThinkMac-

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I take delivery of a Turbo S (trading my Turbo) in a few days. I have the same features and more that I stated earlier in the thread I wouldn’t get again. Go figure...

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I take delivery of a Turbo S (trading my Turbo) in a few days. I have the same features and more that I stated earlier in the thread I wouldn’t get again. Go figure...
It's smart, if you can afford it. It avoids months of looking at Suncoast Parts or Porsche Tequipment wondering if you should add the feature after market... :D

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
SURELY YOU REALISE THAT THE SPORT SOUND IS INSIDE the vehicle and not OUTSIDE?
If you are outside, there is always quite significant noise to warn pedestrians. The car is NOT quiet outside at all. Listen to the outside sound in my video at 30 seconds in. https.Youtu.be/wBN91RG1oe4
Of course however the sports sound is a joke