Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I like it. It can be opened from the inside.

The problem I have, that the timeout to auto close the port is why too short. Instead of 1 min should be at least 5 min.
I didn’t realise you could open from inside if you get stuck. But still wished it would open easier without multiple attempts
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
SURELY YOU REALISE THAT THE SPORT SOUND IS INSIDE the vehicle and not OUTSIDE?
If you are outside, there is always quite significant noise to warn pedestrians. The car is NOT quiet outside at all. Listen to the outside sound in my video at 30 seconds in. https.Youtu.be/wBN91RG1oe4
HOW CAN I BE SURE WHEN I’M ALWAYS THE ONE DRIVING THE CAR.

Anyway my dealer told me it’s piped outside the car too & everything they say is gospel...

Gaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The small pot for the smoker which I thought would be great for coins and other such stuff.

Sadly there's a lot of internal cigarette-stubbing-plastic-type-stuff so this makes it less than useful as a storage pot.

That's £35 I'll never get back ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m a non-smoker too and only ordered it so that I could have a momento on my desk for storing paper clips and the like. Looks somewhat cheap compared to my ceramic Misson E, and brushed stainless steel exhaust plaques from other Porsche’s I’ve owned!

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
About sport sound. I think it is not good (the sound) but could there be other sound via OTA update? Then you might want to have it if there is better sounds coming later.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
About sport sound. I think it is not good (the sound) but could there be other sound via OTA update? Then you might want to have it if there is better sounds coming later.
Unlikely - it was apparently tweaked in the recent WMA5/6/7 updates.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Anyway my dealer told me it’s piped outside the car too & everything they say is gospel...
Your dealer might be right. There were some older posts that suggested that sports sound could not be an OTA FOD since it requires the installation of additional speakers. I’ve scared the hell out of cyclists (not intentionally!) when I’ve sneaked up on them when they clearly couldn’t hear that there was a car behind them, then flipped on the sports sound. I think the normal outside sound is only triggered at low speeds. May well all be in my head though.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Your dealer might be right. There were some older posts that suggested that sports sound could not be an OTA FOD since it requires the installation of additional speakers. I’ve scared the hell out of cyclists (not intentionally!) when I’ve sneaked up on them when they clearly couldn’t hear that there was a car behind them, then flipped on the sports sound. I think the normal outside sound is only triggered at low speeds. May well all be in my head though.
Sport sound is definitely on outside. I have head my car leave the driveway on my home security video recordings when I drive off. I'm not even really that close to the house and my home security system hears it and records it.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The small pot for the smoker which I thought would be great for coins and other such stuff.

Sadly there's a lot of internal cigarette-stubbing-plastic-type-stuff so this makes it less than useful as a storage pot.

That's £35 I'll never get back ?
Sold mine for €55. :)

Porsche Taycan Which extras you wouldn't order again Screenshot_20210409-160616

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
If it says Porsche on it, it will sell (eventually).
I saw someone trying to sell it for half the price of the option. I guess in time I have to see how interested I am in keeping an unused brick at home.
Sponsored