TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wrote up specs on many of the car features I would like improved. I can post if people are interested. I wouldn't get Porsche Sound unless they improve it. One discussed here, Porsche Sound:

It should have several settings:
  • Off
  • Volume control so you can make it louder/quieter stored as user preference.
  • Keep – Original spaceship noise (not a fan)
  • Noise Cancellation (Bose is excellent at this, mine has the Bose radio)
  • Imitate several Porsche gas engines
  • Sound like Wailing F1 engine
  • Sound Like Big American V8
Sponsored

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I wrote up specs on many of the car features I would like improved. I can post if people are interested. I wouldn't get Porsche Sound unless they improve it. One discussed here, Porsche Sound:

It should have several settings:
  • Off
  • Volume control so you can make it louder/quieter stored as user preference.
  • Keep – Original spaceship noise (not a fan)
  • Noise Cancellation (Bose is excellent at this, mine has the Bose radio)
  • Imitate several Porsche gas engines
  • Sound like Wailing F1 engine
  • Sound Like Big American V8
I don’t have my Taycan yet, but during my test drive the sports sound would keep turning itself on. It defaults to on in sport and sport plus, right? Is the only way to use sport and sport plus without having to go through the menus all the time by using the single custom profile? I’d hate to have to burn one of the two custom buttons for this. Currently hoping to use it for song skip (so dumb) and homelink. I only got the option because it was part of the performance package.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I don’t have my Taycan yet, but during my test drive the sports sound would keep turning itself on. It defaults to on in sport and sport plus, right? Is the only way to use sport and sport plus without having to go through the menus all the time by using the single custom profile? I’d hate to have to burn one of the two custom buttons for this. Currently hoping to use it for song skip (so dumb) and homelink. I only got the option because it was CD part of the performance package.
I programmed my Individual setting on the Sports Chrono to mimic Sports Plus but with the sports sound off.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't know if someone mentioned it already, but the Base Black paint - never again!
My god it is so bad it's giving me headaches. It's not like people have not already warned about it not only with Porsche but with any car, but I was too optimistic. Just touching it with the tip of your finger scratches it - at least that's how it feels like... I already have scratches all over the car. I'm taking it next week to a paint protection shop to get it done all over and get a ceramic coating.

Base black paint without ceramic coating or PPF is an absolute nooooooooooooo.

Last edited:

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
A lot of people wouldn't take the PMC+ or PMCC as option.

I saw a new free option for the Cross Turismo in Germany and Belgium that was not in the list before and is still not for the regular Taycan:
PZZ: Charging cable (Mode 3, Type2) to replace the PMC+

So Porsche realized now that some people don't need or don't want to have their big, bulky and very expensive Mobile Charger but why isn't it possible on all versions and for different countries?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A lot of people wouldn't take the PMC+ or PMCC as option.

I saw a new free option for the Cross Turismo in Germany and Belgium that was not in the list before and is still not for the regular Taycan:
PZZ: Charging cable (Mode 3, Type2) to replace the PMC+

So Porsche realized now that some people don't need or don't want to have their big, bulky and very expensive Mobile Charger but why isn't it possible on all versions and for different countries?
Surely the free charger (PMC+) is of more value / use than a cable in terms of substitution?

Second time around owners may choose to keep their home infrastructure e.g. charger and substitute with a cable perhaps.

In my case I got a PMCC free (due to supply issues at the time) and I won't be selling it with the car when the time comes. Instead I'll just take PMC+ and sell it with the trade-in.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
-PMCC : It's just sitting in it's bag, never used it and probably never will. I already had a LVL2 Charger installed at my place, so I don't know why I didn't remove this from my build... It wasn't cheap either!

- 4 Zone climate control: I thought it would be cool to have a screen to impress people in the back seat, but I drive the car all by myself. I don't have any friends.

- Comfort Entry: The car greets you when you approach and turn on the ignition when you get seated. Those are cool. But I just can't get to make the auto tailgate work and it's super annoying. I end up looking like a retard with shopping bags in both hands shaking my feet under the car for half an hour.
For the tailgate try a fast kick action - in and then out. I’ve found this works. Waving your foot under the trunk does nothing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For the tailgate try a fast kick action - in and then out. I’ve found this works. Waving your foot under the trunk does nothing.
Get the software updates if not already - works much better, one foot waggle, step back, no more retardedness!

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Mazithra said:
-"Comfort Entry: The car greets you when you approach and turn on the ignition when you get seated. Those are cool. But I just can't get to make the auto tailgate work and it's super annoying. I end up looking like a retard with shopping bags in both hands shaking my feet under the car for half an hour."
@Mazithra
Previously posted, possible tailgate technique/solution. Hope it helps.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...tric-boot-trunk-using-key-fob.3379/post-46528

Last edited:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
The only 2 options I got which I’m no longer thrilled with are the powered charge ports & electric sport sound. Both a bit gimmicky in my view but also not very expensive so I wouldn’t be bothered either way.

I use the charging port every day but I feel I wouldn’t miss the powered element. I hardly ever use sport sound, I’m slightly embarrassed to switch it on where pedestrians will hear it, and I prefer to listen to music than sport sound.
Horses for courses and all that but I love sport sounds, and regret not getting powered ports every time i plug in/out and forget to close the flap. Even looks a bit naff when charging with the fuel flap open! I’d spec both if I had my time again.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
I wish they didn’t bundle it with the premium package.
I discovered that you can add the premium pkg, and then pick an option that conflicts with it. When the screen pops up showing what your selection will remove, you can select to keep all premium pkg elements except the panorama roof. You don't save the price of the roof, but it's a way to get everything in that pkg except the roof.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I discovered that you can add the premium pkg, and then pick an option that conflicts with it. When the screen pops up showing what your selection will remove, you can select to keep all premium pkg elements except the panorama roof. You don't save the price of the roof, but it's a way to get everything in that pkg except the roof.
What is an example of an option that conflicts with the Premium Package?
Sponsored