Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
There are 2 things I love about my Taycan.

1) I believe it’s one of the best looking vehicles on the planet. I still drool over it every time I see it. The other day I had to drive my kids car while my wife was driving the Taycan. We ended up passing each other going opposite directions so I got to see it from that perspective for the first time. Now I’m jealous that everyone else gets to see my car from that perspective all the time. 🤣

2) I love the way it drives. It’s an amazing driving machine and I look for every excuse I can think of to get it out on the road. From that perspective I feel bad for all of those people who get to watch me drive by. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
I'm still waiting on mine.

First car ever I've been extensively researching before purchasing and also the first one I don't get in less than a month. The wait feels so strange. I usually never spend as much in a "perishible" item so that's another new experience. I actually bought wheels already without having the car! Imagine there's some sort of a delay and I'll have the rims tucked away in my storage room forever!

I too enjoy the YouTube videos and I also enjoy this forum... Albeit sometimes, when I read about issues, I get worried I'll end down that rabbit hole. Usually the cars I love the most are the ones giving me most headaches. I really hope the Taycan will be the exception.

I'll be extremely happy if I manage to bring the car from the dealer to my home without a heater failure, some suspension strut failing or the 12v battery discharging. I'll also be thankful if the trunk only opens when I want it and I never ever see the red high voltage system failure.

Yes, reading too much isn't always a good thing. We tend to be hypochondriac 🤣

Edit: I forgot we don't get the heater pump as standard here and I didn't option it so that's one thing that will never fail on my car.
As far as I know it’s not an issue with the heater pump, but the heater itself. Originally it was caused by a software problem, which ruined the Webasto Heater. Software issue was solved, but too late for many already delivered cars. So still lots of Taycans must exchange the Webasto Heater.

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
I love the steering and ride/handling balance. As a longstanding 911 owner I am used to sacrificing ride quality and NVH on the altar of handling. The Taycan is the best riding Porsche I've experienced (Panamera and Cayenne included) yet it handles quite well. The steering complements the handling with great responsiveness (though an Alfa Giula QV helm is even better IMO)

F6L

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hey ! I have locked and couldn't and can't wait to get the car... apart from sometimes, and hence my post !!!! :CWL:I have never had a long wait for a car before (having never really spent my dosh on cars, this is the first time for me!) Unfortunately, the wait is making me over think. No idea why. TOP GEAR VIDEOS on YouTube make me beyond excited but every now and again I worry if the wait will be worth it!! Seeing as I can't watch Topgear anymore for fear of spoiling it, I am looking to forum friends to help me keep excited and thinking I am doing the right thing....if you wouldn't mind, let me know Why you LOVE your Taycan ? (if you think its pants, please don't tell me as I might cry :CWL:):clap:. Thanks in advance:angel:
Mine was a bit of an impulse purchase so the wait was weird.

I had no need of a new car but wanted an EV for engineering reasons (I worked in Formula 1 racing my whole career so cars is pretty well my only expertise) and since I loathe and detest the inefficiency and fashionable ubiquity of SUVs the list of possibilities was short.

The Taycan is, as an overall combination for my use, the best car I have ever driven but key to my choice were:
A combination of an unexpectedly brilliant quiet comfortable ride with superb sporting qualities whenever I wanted it was unique to the car. It was a revealation on demo and it is still the thing that delights me every drive.

The fact it was available in a wider range of colours than most was a big deal for me, I had had to choose monochrome cars for years due to a lack of choice of real colours. Even more important was a non-black interior - black often being imposed as the only "choice" when specifying the quickest version of a car.

I like the styling but it is the interior which matters most, that is where I sit and what I see, and it looks lovely. I am not a fan of touch controls. I appreciate their versatility, but they are a jack of all trades but master of the unintended selection. The screens look neat though and the curved driver display is brilliant.

The most popular option with passengers has been the massage seats!

Keysersoze

First Name
Keyser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - 992 GTS on order
Country flag
Whats not to love about about my Taycan GTS one week old now:cool: every trip is still the long way and she has just been to the detailiers to get a good pampering......

Absolutley love it

<blockquote class="tiktok-embed" cite="" data-video-id="7197126648590798085" style="max-width: 605px;min-width: 325px;" > <section> <a target="_blank" title="@obsessionsdetailing" href="https://www.tiktok.com/@obsessionsdetailing?refer=embed">@obsessionsdetailing</a> <a title="porsche" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/porsche?refer=embed">#porsche</a> <a title="taycan" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/taycan?refer=embed">#taycan</a> <a title="gtechniqaccredited" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/gtechniqaccredited?refer=embed">#gtechniqaccredited</a> <a title="gts" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/gts?refer=embed">#gts</a> <a title="porschetaycangts" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/porschetaycangts?refer=embed">#porschetaycangts</a> <a title="ceramiccoating" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/ceramiccoating?refer=embed">#ceramiccoating</a> <a title="bigfoot" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/bigfoot?refer=embed">#bigfoot</a> <a title="serum" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/serum?refer=embed">#serum</a> <a title="detailing" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/detailing?refer=embed">#detailing</a> <a title="obsessionsdetailing" target="_blank" href="https://www.tiktok.com/tag/obsessionsdetailing?refer=embed">#OBSESSIONSDETAILING</a> <a target="_blank" title="♬ No Good (Start the Dance) - The Prodigy" href="https://www.tiktok.com/music/No-Good-Start-the-Dance-6751217460931725313?refer=embed">♬ No Good (Start the Dance) - The Prodigy</a> </section> </blockquote> <script async src="https://www.tiktok.com/embed.js"></script>

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 327040550_580665740276431_1787016686535739186_n

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 327134938_920667829106805_429564109555769039_n

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 328146678_885054439480690_339836561194515828_n

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 328692844_921915302499410_8022480470141999335_n

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 329120898_715949056781756_7047497601533011705_n

Last edited:

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Smooth as butter and comfortable to drive (including during longer trips) and with excellent suspension, yet feels and reacts like a sports car when you want it to. High quality interior and great seats.

The DNA is determinedly Porsche but yet differentiated look from the rest of the product range.

To top it off, instant torque never gets old!

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I like the calm, serene driving experience, while also feeling its exceptionally well built.

Its my first Porsche and the chassis is a revelation.
I was used to gritting my teeth when driving over potholes and it feeling like my fillings are being shaken out, but the Taycan just takes them in it's stride.

It just wafts over them like a Bentley Continental gliding over butter (I imagine).

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
You are all so epic !!! I have been smiling ear to ear reading all of this !! Your enthusiasm and humour is contagious ! thank you so much !!! I love this forum. I always sneak around reading all the comments and threads. Happy times !! :clap: :like::involve:

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Taycan is a "best all rounder" vehicle. It looks epic but it is not quite as sexy as a DBS. It has a wonderful comfortable interior but not as luxurious as a Bentley. It handles well, but not fully nailed down (given the weight). It is so fast (full stop - much faster than Aston). So it ticks so so many boxes without being exotic or sticking out.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
you'll love it!
the lines of the taycan (i.e. sedan) are so captivating I'm building a new garage/guest house and reconfiguring the driveway so as to enjoy the view when it's waiting on the tarmac

Last edited:

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
I like cars but I am not (wasn't?) a car guy. I needed a new car and I was determined to go electric. I followed Teslas for a few years, sat in a Model 3 at a Tesla store and around the same time the Yoke on the Model S came out. That was it , no Tesla for me. I have learned a lot more about them (on this forum funny enough) that it is even a bigger no for me now.

One thing led another....slippery slope...next thing you know I ordered a Taycan.

The Taycan is just a fantastic car. It is striking. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. My car wash place posted this picture on Instagram. I thought to myself that's an awesome car...and it's mine.

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? IMG_4788

I also really enjoy the joy it brings to other people. I've had guys approach me and tell me how much they love the car. I had a guy catch up to me o a bicycle and ask me to pull over. I was wondering what kind of emergency he was having, instead, he says "I just wanted to let you know your car looks phenomenal". Another guy stopped me and said to me, "that is the most beautiful car ever built in the most awesome color ever made" ...probably an exaggeration but I'll take it.

Then there is Neptune Blue. I kid you not, all my cars for the last 20 years or so have been some shade of metallic silver. If there was a time to get another color this was it. Mamba Green people I salute you, it looks awesome, but that's a bridge too far for me. It's like my car changes color all the time, sometimes it's dark blue, some days it's really light. Really enjoy that.

The drive, I unfortunately (and fortunately) have been working from home and driving it a little less so if there is an errand to run, I'm volunteering. It drives like a dream, and then you switch from Normal to Sport and it's turns into a different car, a different experience that is even better than what already was pretty amazing.

I have been egged on by other cars to race them. I never bite...except this one time when this guy got next to me and the highway was practically empty. I smoked the guy and I didn't even test the limit of the Taycan... I smirked like a teenager. If you knew me, you'd know it's completely out of character for me.

I wash my car...I hadn't done that in probably 25 years.

It's awesome.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
The one thing I really love about my Taycan is that roundabouts are now really fun. I guess having a GT3 would make roundabouts even more fun.
I love that! I've always hated them so much, and the only accident I've been in in my life was in a roundabout (surprisingly, not even my fault!) and now they went and put one right at the end of my cross street. And there's two on the way to my daughter's school. No chance of avoiding them anymore. I hadn't considered they might be fun now, but I can totally see it after my test drive!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d post my thoughts but I’m too busy chatting with this hot Russian woman on Livebeam…
Sponsored