Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ve tried using the Wireless charging a couple of times and it seems pretty pointless. Hard to get it in, only actually charges occasionally and extremely slow charging when it does. Reverting to cable with phone wedged in cup holder. Anyone had a better experience?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Hard to get it in
Slightly easier if you sit on the other side of the car like we do in Ireland! I don't use wireless charging due to heat it causes on iPhone – use (branded Porsche of course!) cable. But I do keep the phone in the wireless charging holder.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
What happens for me is the phone slides forward when braking and stops charging. Really irritating. It also gets extremely hot.
Yep, too much heat in there. I utilize a cable charging via the rear seat ports. It charges REALLY fast via this method. (iphone)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yep, too much heat in there. I utilize a cable charging via the rear seat ports. It charges REALLY fast via this method. (iphone)
I have resorted to that method too.
?
I wasn't happy with my phone coming out hotter than the inside of a McDonald's Apple Pie using the fitted wireless charging.

However, on the plus side in an emergency you can always iron your clothes with a Samsung Galaxy S21 using the wireless option.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Rear are faster than the centre console ports or you just prefer to avoid crunching your cable with the centre console door?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Rear are faster than the centre console ports or you just prefer to avoid crunching your cable with the centre console door?
One of the reasons that people like to avoid using the center console USB-C ports is to avoid engaging wired Apple CarPlay. The way I myself get around this is to use a MagSafe charger plugged into the USB-C port in the center console.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have resorted to that method too.
?
I wasn't happy with my phone coming out hotter than the inside of a McDonald's Apple Pie using the fitted wireless charging.

However, on the plus side in an emergency you can always iron your clothes with a Samsung Galaxy S21 using the wireless option.
This is hilarious !!!!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Yes, I have found the rear faster.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
I don't know why but I thought OP was talking about wirelessly charging their Taycan. So disappointed ;-)

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
it's useless 1) difficult getting the phone aligned to charge and 2) phone overheats and turns off when it does charge.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I turned the built in wireless charger off for all the reasons stated above but primarily because it was getting excessively hot which will degrade the battery in the phone.

I’m using an apple magsafe charger with a proclip and it works fine. The only downside is I believe Porsche’s charger has a passive antenna. The insulated glass definitely blocks a fair amount of RF so the outside antenna would be helpful. It’s usually not a problem except for very rural areas.