SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
My Turbo is almost 2 years old and 30.000 km... and I'm still not sure what to answer to that question :)

In the end, I think these are the options I like most:
- rear-axle steering (makes the car much more maneuverable)
- air suspension (I once tested a RWD which didn't have it and it was definitely not as good IMO),
- matrix LED headlights with PDLS+ (these headlights are amazingly good)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
air suspension (I once tested a 4S which didn't have it and it was definitely not as good IMO),
Don't think you tested a 4S without air suspension because it's standard from 4S onwards :) Maybe it has been a Base Taycan RWD.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
1. RWS
2. HUD
3. PDCC

(Air suspension is standard on mine, but it's definitely great)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Here’s a small contribution after 18 happy months and 6000 miles in a 4S. Low spec car. Base seats and trim. Had to upgrade from the pram wheels!

No RWS, HUD, Matrix lights, PDCC, ADC, innodrive, TorqueV, Sports Carbuncle Pack, Noise.
Missed NONE of it!

I only got the pan roof so I could fit a roof rack. Love it though!
Took big battery and DC charging upgrade and have never benefited from either! Not once! Never been in enough of a hurry and/or going far enough! Lockdown!

The thing I massively missed was auto dimming mirrors. The base option is a tatty crap homage to cars from the 1970s. Truly dreadful. Shameful in a Porsche. The upgrade is a beautiful frameless design.
It is essential and less than 300 quid.
Never leave this off your specification!

FL Taycan 4S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Full leather, hands-down.

Followed closely by the 18 way seats.

Crazy expensive.

Maybe even a bit shallow.

But very very nice.

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
Worried to see, how come no one has talked about SEAT MASSAGING on a GT car :)

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Worried to see, how come no one has talked about SEAT MASSAGING on a GT car :)
The massage seats are in fact really nice; better than I thought they would be, but I would not regard it as my favourite option.

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
TCT4S Oct 21, 5200mls no issues.
Love my : Volcano stealth, RWS, Std 21 rims + 20in winters, Std Chalk comforts with vent and massage (awesome) hot wheel, fold mirrors, Neodine, panroof.
Next time : Acoustic glass ( req at high speed ) coloured seat belts, surround park,
Maybe : Sound, GTS SW ????
The TCT is very versatile from snow and muddy fields / car parks to super smooth highway to track work, wow, impressive :)
Porsche Taycan Your favourite Taycan option & why? TCT4S Volcano:Chalk

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
(2) Night Vison Assist. OK, not really, but with my center tube available since everything is on the HUD, it is pretty cool to see thermal images. I probably get more comments about this from passengers than any other option. Night Vision Assist is not really providing an additional safety element for me, but I did get one warning while approaching a pedestrian in a crosswalk that was directly in front of me...I was turning just prior to the crosswalk so there was no danger but I was close enough to trigger a warning...kinda cool. Also fun to drive down my street at night and have the system highlight pedestrians before I notice them. The system is remarkably adept at highlighting minor temperature differences, I can tell if the car in front of me has been driving for a while or just started up and whether my cat has been sleeping or out prowling around based on the image. This is very important information!
I will always order NVA with any Porsche that offers it. I ordered it for my Panamera because I drive a lot in city traffic after dark (here in the winter) with lots of pedestrians and cyclists, and it has been a big help when you have glary headlights from high-up SUVs while sitting in a low-down Porsche car in picking out people and animals that would otherwise be nearly invisible. An unexpected bonus, for my frequent visits to the mountains, was finding that the infrared camera works really well in heavy fog (daytime or nighttime, though some fog is more dense and opaque than others), as well, and is a huge safety plus for that reason. So I'll always order NVA.

Last edited:

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
What an interesting response to the thread. It really shows that there doesn't seem to be 1 stand out option that everyone loves, or for that fact hates.

Example in point is the Sport Sound. People either love it as a favourite option, where for others it's what they would leave off if they ordered again.

So the fact that the car is so customisable and can be tailored to your own personal preference is great.
Everyone moans with the Porsche Taycan everything is a payable option but look how much people love choosing their options. Downside is when it comes to resale there isn't "the options everyone wants". But when ordering the car you are choosing based on your own preference.
Each response has been a worthy read and a true eye opener to what people enjoy about their Taycan.
I for one am interested to hear more from other owners who are yet to post...
So my top option would probably be the 18-way seats. My second-highest option would probably be ACC (with NVA infrared camera a close third).
Context: I special-ordered a 2021 CT4 that I turned down when it arrived several months ago (will re-order at some point after the electrochromic roof glass becomes available); so, to answer the OP's second requested datum, on my requested options for that 2021 CT4, I'd delete the Mobile Charger Connect as unnecessary. (And this context is also important because I need the air suspension and larger battery pack, but they are both standard in the CT4 so I don't need to count them as options.)

Yes, a huge plus with any Porsche vehicle is that you can option it so much. Most people didn't specifically answer your OP, which is ok, but I stuck to what you asked (incl. stating something that I ordered but would not order again). And context is important in terms of both model/trim and the owner's country, because standard features vary so much from one Taycan version to another and from one country to another. In that regard, my getting a CT4 is perhaps the biggest single "option" because I want the extra space, the larger battery, the AWD (over the RWD Taycan), and the air suspension that are all standard in the CT4 -- and all of which make it a bargain in price, relatively speaking, and allows me to keep my additional options to a minimum. I have learned a lot on this forum from people who give detailed reasons for not liking this option or that, or for liking this option or that -- which has undoubtedly helped many of us to pick our options more wisely.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
doesn’t add to the driving experience but I’d pick the full leather interior, is it worth whatever they charged me here in Canada?

Likely not but it’s adds a lot to the interior. The chalk and black looks really nice.

the option that pisses me off that it’s not standard is folding side mirrors, I was so annoyed I missed checking that box , all our other cars have it. Does t make a world of difference I know but still….
i have the folding mirrors and I do not use it. My theory is when they are open people are not tempted to walk and rub the paint while walking. This is only my thoughts.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Grocery sacks
Brilliant! I just did a little Kroger-ing last weekend and followed your advice with two plastic (yuck) grocery sacks. Hooked the bag handles to the thingamabob in the trunk and rested the bags on the floor. Very nice, it kept the bags from rolling around in the trunk and spilling their contents. I don't often go grocery shopping but I am now prepared to do so whenever duty calls! I am also going to urge our Insta-Cart driver to purchase a Taycan with the storage package option. 😆
Sponsored