fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I still have the old app and I can see the stalls in the new app from my house. However, it doesn’t appear to show them if you enter the charging station in the search field. That looks like a bug. If instead you simply move the map around to a place where you know a charging station should be then it shows up for me and I can select it.
My experience is slightly different. If I search for ANY DESTINATION (not just a charging station) then the charging locations cannot be selected by clicking on the charging station icon.

I like that the departure SoC can be entered when calculating a route. This allows you to plan a trip when the current SoC is different from your expected departure SoC. What's missing is a desired arrival SoC. I stayed in a rural area of Vermont with no nearby EA locations. I wanted to arrive with a 50% to 60% SoC so that it would not take four days to charge the battery with only a 110v 15 amp circuit available.
Sponsored

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
You can find EA charging stations on the map function by hitting the charging icon. But for now I’m keeping all my charging apps for a back up and to locate non EA charging options.
Led keep NA charging app it’s the only way I seem to be able to do free charging!

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I downloaded the app and I can see the charging stations on the map and upload the directions to the car. I have not yet tried to connect to EA charging station but the app literature promises that this can be done through the My Porsche App.

The new app certainly connects to car better and more reliably. Hopefully it won't be too buggy.

Buck

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I downloaded the app and I can see the charging stations on the map and upload the directions to the car. I have not yet tried to connect to EA charging station but the app literature promises that this can be done through the My Porsche App.

The new app certainly connects to car better and more reliably. Hopefully it won't be too buggy.

Buck
Connects to EA stations no prob.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I have an alarm set to 120km/h in case I should floor it or someone else borrowing my Taycan should do that.
Seriously, it is not okey to drive faster than the speed limit on public roads. And the fastest you're allowed to drive in Norway is 110km/h.
Ok Karen....

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
This POS app makes me log in / put my credentials everytime I open it. Every time!!

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
"12/01/2022
Porsche has revamped its digital services for smartphones and combined the functions for multiple apps: the My Porsche app will be customers’ central interface with the car and brand. It will take over the functions of My Porsche Essentials, Connect App and Car Connect App."

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...le-related-services-my-porsche-app-26991.html
I did this but can’t see the “Connect” button that the old App had. I’m sure it’s there somewhere but I’d rather not have to search for it while at the charger.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I did this but can’t see the “Connect” button that the old App had. I’m sure it’s there somewhere but I’d rather not have to search for it while at the charger.
Maybe a quick gander at this thread #1 ?

ukleinschmidt

First Name
Uwe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
You need to go to the map and search for and select the charging station first. Then you can select a stall and the EVSE ID that you are parked at and hit the start charging button. See screenshots of the various steps for a charging station about 30 minutes from me.
2E608928-1A62-40C2-8015-E9BBACBB566A.png
8B885F2C-79EF-4A72-8F7A-CA8F434A40D3.png
4431353A-25B5-4632-9B2E-E49D958DBDAA.png
0CA0C420-17AE-4350-95D5-0D5ED58B2EF8.png
Awesome thank you!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
"If the vehicle unexpectedly moves or drives faster than the applicable speed limit, the app alerts the user with a push notification."

So your phone starts beeping just when you're giving it the beans. What could possibly go wrong!
Next feature, the phone only dings once, to let you know you have receipt in your inbox for the speeding ticket the app applied to your account on behalf of your local police department (after a cut for the app of course). For your convenience, you can pay it all at once or in monthly installments. ;)

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Don't worry, sounds like it will probably glitch for 1st couple of years!

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Anyone know if the Myporsche app can notify and give details on car alarm activations and history like the old Connect app did?

I had an alarm go off (didn't do the double lock trick) and in the past I'd get a notification telling me the interior alarm was triggered but I've since deleted the Connect app. No place I can find to see the same alarm history.
Sponsored