Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
No problems to report with WMA5/7 MY20 update completed yesterday.
Although I did have to refresh the SXM signal.

In service for a total of 4 days with Macan loaner.
All updates working as expected.

I would like to find out how to display vehicle SOC on the PMCC.
I have a MY20 as well and my car and PMCC already went through the WMA5/7 updates but I - so far - found no way to display the SoC% during charging on the PMCC.
Sponsored

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would like to find out how to display vehicle SOC on the PMCC.
I don't have Battery % displayed on my PMCC either. I'm thinking this is only displayed for MY21 vehicles...

Has anyone else with MY20 after the WMA5/WMA7 updates get the % of car battery displayed on their charger?

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
My dealer confirmed my update appointment for next week. I've seen nothing that would confirm this rumor.
I had my update done a couple weeks ago. It did take longer than they thought, I suspect it was just being one of the first. I can say the update does reset a few things, but easy to re-set, I suggest once you get your car back, to walk through all your old settings and make sure they are correct, I will say the wireless carplay is MAGICAL. I could not be happier, the car drives noticeably better.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I don't have Battery % displayed on my PMCC either. I'm thinking this is only displayed for MY21 vehicles...

Has anyone else with MY20 after the WMA5/WMA7 updates get the % of car battery displayed on their charger?
Nope.

Powdermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
East Hampton NY, Beaver Creek CO and Los Angeles
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 Cayenne Hybrid
Country flag
One thing I discovered after the big update, (No major problems there, thankfully) is the quickest way to pull up CarPlay when it’s not on the screen.

To the right side or the upper center display you’ll see tiny icons including one for CarPlay assuming it’s attached. Just press on the tiny icon and it will take you to CarPlay and then you can select Waze or whatever you like.

A CarPlay icon used to appear on the lower display, but no longer.

Maybe the next more minor upgrades will be sent wirelessly. Wouldn’t that be nice!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have a MY20 as well and my car and PMCC already went through the WMA5/7 updates but I - so far - found no way to display the SoC% during charging on the PMCC.
I have not seen any SOC on the display after the update either. Not sure this works yet on MY 20? It is a bit surprising since the PMCC reports a lot of data bck to MyPorsche under home charging. There it seems it should report SOC at start and finish etc. As well as the car details. so hopefully something else will be updated to show all the details?

Porsche Taycan Taycan software update - reported problems post update C37B051C-4504-4D72-B086-F8A14E7AA0B6

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Got my '20 Turbo back on Saturday morning and did a PCA fun run ~170 miles (+ 70 miles driving to the meet-up and 106 miles driving home) on Sunday. Everything is working beautifully, driving, charging, PCM, etc.

One curious thing though: Range Mode no longer dominantly drives with the front wheels. When I have the AWD display up, I see that the rear is powering the car most of the time. Efficiency on the overall drive was in line with other long drives I've taken (a bit better than most, actually at 32.8 kWh/100 mi for a 106 mile drive at an average 63 mph), so it clearly didn't create any problems.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
One thing I discovered after the big update, (No major problems there, thankfully) is the quickest way to pull up CarPlay when it’s not on the screen.

To the right side or the upper center display you’ll see tiny icons including one for CarPlay assuming it’s attached. Just press on the tiny icon and it will take you to CarPlay and then you can select Waze or whatever you like.

A CarPlay icon used to appear on the lower display, but no longer.

Maybe the next more minor upgrades will be sent wirelessly. Wouldn’t that be nice!
When in Park you will see an icon under the word "sync" on the lower display that is three small lines. Press that and you should get your icons back. Will not show when not in park.

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo was unfortunately dinged by the software gremlins. The update bricked the control module for the rear drive unit and since Porsche doesn't have individual control modules as replacements the entire rear drive is being replaced as we speak. I was told it's a very expensive fix! My dealership is a large experienced site who has performed a number of updates on 2020s and 2021s without issue so maybe it was just bad luck. Despite the issue it does make me realize just how much I miss my Taycan having been without it for two weeks. I've been provided a loaner car in the meantime so I'm pretty satisfied overall despite the bad luck.

I does make me wonder though...outside of warranty, if a software update bricked a hardware component would that be replaced at no charge by Porsche?

dwaltchack

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, ordered TCT Turbo
Country flag
so with all of these frustrating problems, is it still worth it to own one?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo was unfortunately dinged by the software gremlins. The update bricked the control module for the rear drive unit and since Porsche doesn't have individual control modules as replacements the entire rear drive is being replaced as we speak. I was told it's a very expensive fix! My dealership is a large experienced site who has performed a number of updates on 2020s and 2021s without issue so maybe it was just bad luck. Despite the issue it does make me realize just how much I miss my Taycan having been without it for two weeks. I've been provided a loaner car in the meantime so I'm pretty satisfied overall despite the bad luck.

I does make me wonder though...outside of warranty, if a software update bricked a hardware component would that be replaced at no charge by Porsche?
Wow, I heard about OTA modules, PCMs, and sport chrono clocks getting fried by the software update, but a rear drive control unit is a first…

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Ok so I have a very MINOR problem by comparison. It seems that the smart lift option has disappeared. I thought it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't. It wasn't working tonight and the option has disappeared from settings.

Oh well, let's see if comes back on its own...

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
so with all of these frustrating problems, is it still worth it to own one?
I’d still do it all over again. I absolutely love the Taycan. I’m chalking it up to early growing pains with a new model and a new propulsion system. We had a battery pack issue with our Audi e-Tron the first year and then it was rock solid afterward. I’m hoping for the same thing with the Taycan.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I took my 2020 4S in for its software update yesterday morning, and I am hoping it should be ready to collect later today or tomorrow morning. I was given a 718 Cayman as a loan car, and whilst I am very grateful for the use of it, it has made me realise what a civilsed and relaxed car the Taycan is to drive.
Sponsored