Please review my options list! Lock date soon. Opinions Welcome!

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well.... not to make this complicated, but....

... after using Burmeister, there's no way I'd go back to a Bose. Especially in this car.

Reactions: B61

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
yeah i hear color transfer from new jeans especially
FWIW, I’ve had white or off-white in my last three cars and always heard the “color transfer from jeans” lament nearly every time but I, personally, never found it to be an issue.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag

... after using Burmeister, there's no way I'd go back to a Bose. Especially in this car.
i love music but I might have to live in the car to justify the up charge. I hardly go anywhere anymore, sold my 911 and get around town on an electric motorcycle.

Reactions: vdr

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

that’s why i didn’t want to try Burmeister :rock:
6k€ was too much for me, having in mind the volume of the car that‘s also important thing in sound of music….
i preferred night vision instead, and some other tech stuff (like servotronic plus, pdcc, ptv…)

Bose is more than enough for my collection of Pink Floyd, my favourite singer Anneke van Giersbergen (hello, anyone from The Netherlands here? :like:) , Within Temptation:rock: and Broadwaymusicals….

Last edited:

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, I am at this point, based on advice provided:

1) ditching the extra seat in back
2) ditching Innodrive (I assume I can test and order as FOD)
3) ditching range management
4) keeping onboard charger "in case"
5) adding massage seats (what the hell - you only live once right?)
6) adding PEC in LA (its about an hour from me - and, again, you only live....)

Thanks everyone. Still taking more opinions!

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
that’s why i didn’t want to try Burmeister :rock:
6k€ was too much for me, having in mind the volume of the car that‘s also important thing in sound of music….
i preferred night vision instead, and some other tech stuff (like servotronic plus, pdcc, ptv…)

Bose is more than enough for my collection of Pink Floyd, my favourite singer Anneke van Giersbergen (hello, anyone from The Netherlands here? :like:) , Within Temptation:rock: and Broadwaymusicals….
What's servotronic plus? Is that power steering plus that comes with rear axle steering in the US?

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
So, I am at this point, based on advice provided:

1) ditching the extra seat in back
2) ditching Innodrive (I assume I can test and order as FOD)
3) ditching range management
4) keeping onboard charger "in case"
5) adding massage seats (what the hell - you only live once right?)
6) adding PEC in LA (its about an hour from me - and, again, you only live....)

Thanks everyone. Still taking more opinions!
The extra seat in the back also gets you the 40/20/40 folding seats compared to the standard 60/40. Useful if you're planning to bring long items like skis.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
What's servotronic plus? Is that power steering plus that comes with rear axle steering in the US?
Yes, thats rear axe steering (code in configurator 0N5, price €2382).

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Interesting. I loved the sport sound in my test drives, but it was a bit tough to tell. How much of a difference do you hear with it on vs. off? I just think it would add so much cool factor that I have kept it in my options (same with the massage seats).
When on it's noticeable but as some have said it's a waste of $500. Personal preference but I enjoy the silence of an EV. I enjoy music so the stereo is always blasting my tunes so I really wouldn't hear much sport sound if I had it.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When on it's noticeable but as some have said it's a waste of $500. Personal preference but I enjoy the silence of an EV. I enjoy music so the stereo is always blasting my tunes so I really wouldn't hear much sport sound if I had it.
Agree 1000%

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any opinion about "high gloss window trim?"

The trim on my 911S (pictured at left) did not hold up particularly well around the windshield and started to flake off like a layer of skin, leaving it looking blemished and showing its age apart from the fact the rest of the car was flawless. I'd pay a bit more to prevent that from happening again but I've no idea if the Taycan even uses the same materials as the 911 did.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Any opinion about "high gloss window trim?"

The trim on my 911S (pictured at left) did not hold up particularly well around the windshield and started to flake off like a layer of skin, leaving it looking blemished and showing its age apart from the fact the rest of the car was flawless. I'd pay a bit more to prevent that from happening again but I've no idea if the Taycan even uses the same materials as the 911 did.
You can get vinyl for about the same price, it's more durable, but it's never like the factory.

How many years till the 911 started flaking?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can get vinyl for about the same price, it's more durable, but it's never like the factory.

How many years till the 911 started flaking?
@Mr.Smith I cannot remember what I had for breakfast so your question is a tall ask. I wonder if I am even understanding where this "high gloss" trim would be. However, the black trim on my 911, which was all around the windshield and also a portion of the window, was the one part of the car that showed its age, 15 years after manufacture. I don't recall when it started to deteriorate, but it was like that for some time.

I tend to hang on my cars for a long time (12 years for the 911 and 10 for the 944 before that) so this is an important consideration.

Are you getting it on your Taycan?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
@Mr.Smith I cannot remember what I had for breakfast so your question is a tall ask. I wonder if I am even understanding where this "high gloss" trim would be. However, the black trim on my 911, which was all around the windshield and also a portion of the window, was the one part of the car that showed its age, 15 years after manufacture. I don't recall when it started to deteriorate, but it was like that for some time.

I tend to hang on my cars for a long time (12 years for the 911 and 10 for the 944 before that) so this is an important consideration.

Are you getting it on your Taycan?
The high gloss window trim, a $400 option, replaces the chrome trim around the side windows
Porsche Taycan Please review my options list!  Lock date soon.  Opinions Welcome! 20210213_114239_resized

I would get this option because I don't want any chrome on the car.

There are other high gloss options like the door handles, mirrors and a few others that I don't think are necessary.

The Taycan doesn't have that trim around the windshield like your 911 anyway.

On my I-Pace I had to get all the chrome done in high gloss vinyl, but it came out good. It's just never as perfect as factory and it ended up costing me more

Here is a vinyl door trim kit for the Taycan that's $150 but requires installation
https://www.vividracing.com/aero-chrome-delete-vinyl-kit-gloss-black-porsche-taycan-p-153813122.html

You definitely want to replace the side markers before you take delivery. It's a cheap replacement the dealer can do - $200

A controversial one is the lowering links that I plan on doing
https://www.vividracing.com/-p-1534..._p2zG9reGJ-73j1xi83jD6IVYHdMUenBoCgl8QAvD_BwE

I always black out the rear reflectors to keep it uniform
Porsche Taycan Please review my options list!  Lock date soon.  Opinions Welcome! 2021-porsche-taycan-rear-view-carbuzz-693570