Taycan Turbo S vs. Model S Plaid - really by this much!?

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag
Tesla overstate their numbers.
Porsche understate their numbers.
Personally I think too many Tesla fans are here.
Tesla wiped the floor with MS Plaid. There is no competition today, ít´s much faster than the Taycan, but who cares? We own a great Porsche….
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Agreed. My 20 year old Nephew was chatting with my brother about his Ferrari 458, and he didn't understand why my brother wanted a Ferrari over a Model S P100D (the Plaid didn't exist at the time). A lot of younger individuals don't care about the cars we dreamed of as kids. Technology trumps passion.
The US market is more and more driven by the “digital first”, technocrati… younger demographics enjoy the gaming culture influenced cars T is making. They are likely starting to view driving as more analogous to real life gaming with the all screen interfaces and high tech features…

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Personally I think too many Tesla fans are here.
I don't really think that's true, and even if it is, why is being a Tesla fan a bad thing? It's entirely possible to enjoy more than one car brand, we don't live in a world of absolutes.

That said, many posters here are current or former Tesla owners, so they can give a fairly objective opinion of their experience with the brand, as well as the Taycan, and draw comparisons. Just because people prefer one feature of one car over another, doesn't make them a fan. Heck, I feel like my dads Honda Civic had better adaptive cruise than my Porsche, but that doesn't mean I'm all hands on deck for Honda. Likewise, just because people point out something Tesla does better than Porsche doesn't necessarily mean they prefer it. This place isn't crawling with Tesla fans who exist to dunk on the Taycan. If anything, you find valid constructive criticism.

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Your phone doesn´t have a 17" screen
K…I don’t need a 17” screen. I do almost everything non-work related on my phone. I don’t watch much TV, but what I do is mostly on my phone instead of my (much larger than 17”) TV in my living room even if I’m in my living room…
and the new games in Teslas are not "crappy". You can play with a Xbox controller
K…I actually don’t play any games. So…guess I’m just missing out. Darn the luck….

while charging the car on route.
Oh boy…you lost me there. I wouldn’t be caught dead charging en route. Not as things are now. Takes too long. Maybe that’s the problem? I don’t spend any non-driving time in my car. I have better things to do like argue on Internet forums. ?

Obviously you can also play with an Ipad for example, but you need a stand and the experience clearly is not the best...
No. Being tethered to my car hardware for entertainment sounds like “not the best”. ?‍♂

for the price, I think you should be able to open a web browser or play Youtube with a connected car...
I can’t even begin to describe how much that isn’t a priority. Why am I just hanging out in my car doing this?!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
K…I don’t need a 17” screen. I do almost everything non-work related on my phone. I don’t watch much TV, but what I do is mostly on my phone instead of my (much larger than 17”) TV in my living room even if I’m in my living room…

K…I actually don’t play any games. So…guess I’m just missing out. Darn the luck….

Oh boy…you lost me there. I wouldn’t be caught dead charging en route. Not as things are now. Takes too long. Maybe that’s the problem? I don’t spend any non-driving time in my car. I have better things to do like argue on Internet forums. ?

No. Being tethered to my car hardware for entertainment sounds like “not the best”. ?‍♂

I can’t even begin to describe how much that isn’t a priority. Why am I just hanging out in my car doing this?!
You might not like them, but they're very nice features on an EV road trip.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm, not really, but I also don't think Tesla driver's are what you think they are. For the last decade, options for an EV are limited. People bought them because that's the only choice they had.
Well, we have people arguing that it’s a dream car and that they get thumbs up and all manner of positive affirmation on their purchase.

I think it’s a reasonable assumption, if not always correct, that a person who owns a Tesla aspired to it to a greater degree than someone who owns a Camry. And I don’t want that projected on me. That’s all I’m saying.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You might not like them, but they're very nice features on an EV road trip.
LOL, I think you’re missing the point that I don’t want to, not would I, currently take an EV on a road trip. When I drive out of town, it’s 6-7 hours straight, 15 min to stop for food, bathroom, and gas, and then back on the road for the next 6-7 hours.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Well, we have people arguing that it’s a dream car and that they get thumbs up and all manner of positive affirmation on their purchase.
Sure, but that honestly probably happened to them.

I live outside California in West Texas, and even to this day, with a Tesla Service Center a mile down the road from me, Tesla's still aren't crazy common and still get looks. Having a Model S for nearly 7 years (sold it last year), there were several years where it was one of a handful of Tesla's in a region of a couple million people, and folks would always come up and talk to me about it, and truly praise the vehicle. EV's even today are still a novelty for most people.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
LOL, I think you’re missing the point that I don’t want to, not would I, currently take an EV on a road trip. When I drive out of town, it’s 6-7 hours straight, 15 min to stop for food, bathroom, and gas, and then back on the road for the next 6-7 hours.
Must be nice. Some of us have small kids that have to stop. That's when the video games are a lifesaver. Honestly, our EV trips aren't much different than with ICE cars because we have to stop a lot anyway.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure, but that honestly probably happened to them.

I live outside California in West Texas, and even to this day, with a Tesla Service Center a mile down the road from me, Tesla's still aren't crazy common and still get looks. Having a Model S for nearly 7 years (sold it last year), there were several years where it was one of a handful of Tesla's in a region of a couple million people, and folks would always come up and talk to me about it, and truly praise the vehicle. EV's even today are still a novelty for most people.
And I’m agreeing that it happening to them.

I saw someone post on Facebook drooling over a Model X this week

I’m not arguing that it’s not a desirable car for some people. I’m arguing that it is a desirable car for some people (not me).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Why not take a plane if you're in such a rush that stopping for 20-30m every 3-4hrs makes a big difference to you? You cab buy a small aircraft for the price of a loaded Taycan Turbo S. You will save more time with the plane over a 14hr ICE car trip than you will with ICE over EV.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
So what you're saying is you were unable to find people loving Teslas on the internet forums, YouTube, etc? :confused: Or are you just saying that some people dislike Tesla? If the latter, I gotta tell you, there are some people on the internet who dislike Porsche too. So what?
Obviously you haven't read all my comments.
How inconvenient.
Read any of these forums: Drivetribe, Jalopnik, Car Throttle, Autoblog, etc.
EVs aren't popular but it's getting better, way better than 5 years ago...
Still, Tesla has got real hate, it's there, really.
I suggest you read this whole thread again as I'm repeating myself.
Or you just don't understand what I'm trying to explain.
Either way, not my problem.

Ok, let's play a little guessing game as I'm getting a bit sick by the thickness of some Tesla fanboys here:

What word doesn't belong here?
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, Tesla, Porsche, Koenigsegg?

Guess what car a young YouTuber will buy when his income rises with his views?
I'll help you: it's not a Tesla.

A Tesla isn't a dream car and this is a Taycan forum but lately I'm not sure about that last part.
I'm done here.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Obviously you haven't read all my comments.
How inconvenient.
Read any of these forums: Drivetribe, Jalopnik, Car Throttle, Autoblog, etc.
EVs aren't popular but it's getting better, way better than 5 years ago...
Still, Tesla has got real hate, it's there, really.
I suggest you read this whole thread again as I'm repeating myself.
Or you just don't understand what I'm trying to explain.
Either way, not my problem.

Ok, let's play a little guessing game as I'm getting a bit sick by the thickness of some Tesla fanboys here:

What word doesn't belong here?
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, Tesla, Porsche, Koenigsegg?

Guess what car a young YouTuber will buy when his income rises with his views?
I'll help you: it's not a Tesla.

A Tesla isn't a dream car and this is a Taycan forum but lately I'm not sure about that last part.
I'm done here.
Wait, so what you're saying is that because this is a Taycan forum, you somehow assumed that you will find nothing but hate for Tesla here, but this didn't turn out to be the case? Does this upset you because it's inconsistent with the impression you got reading the internet, that everyone hates Tesla?
Sponsored