mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Well, I'm happy to say I took delivery this afternoon. I got some basic pics but not worth posting so I'll wait to get some good ones once I get the tint and PPF done.

It looks so much better in person, as we all know. It's a sexy beast just sitting in the driveway.
Sponsored

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Well, I'm happy to say I took delivery this afternoon. I got some basic pics but not worth posting so I'll wait to get some good ones once I get the tint and PPF done.

It looks so much better in person, as we all know. It's a sexy beast just sitting in the driveway.
quit teasing us and post the damn pics

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
how do you guys know which ship your cars coming in on? mines been at Emden since 4/4

OP
OP
Fall7St8nd

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm also on the Aristotle... and it definitely feels surreal! I just keep thinking some new curveball is going to occur... the Aristotle is in the middle of the Atlantic and it's been a bit since its official position has been received. :CWL: So far so good!
Siem Aristotle arrived in Davisville this morning… progress!

OP
OP
Fall7St8nd

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
how do you guys know which ship your cars coming in on? mines been at Emden since 4/4
Once Track Your Dream updates to having left Emden, then you can start sleuthing to which vessels (vehicle carriers) are headed to the port located near you. You can look ahead too and see which vessel you might catch as well.

A combination of searching this forum for previous deliveries in your area, port schedule information online, and vesselfinder / fleetmon should give you entertainment for hours as you wait for your build to arrive.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting twist this morning... as I previously mentioned, I thought I was getting 5.54 through the dealer. I was scheduled to take delivery of my car today at 4 PM and the finance manager called and told me the rates went up and I was looking at 6.39 (or something like that). I started to scramble and found 5.64 at PenFed, forwarded that to the FM and he dug a little deeper and pulled 5.49 from Bank of America which is lower than they advertise. Not sure it matters but I put $40k down and ended up financing $97k.
Thank you!

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does one find out which boat Im on?
Not too long ago, TYD was listing the boat but it doesn’t seem that they’re doing that any more. It’s kind of a guessing game - find a shipping schedule (there was a PWL schedule posted previously in this thread) and then find the boat going to your port that matches closest to the TYD timeline.

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
Not too long ago, TYD was listing the boat but it doesn’t seem that they’re doing that any more. It’s kind of a guessing game - find a shipping schedule (there was a PWL schedule posted previously in this thread) and then find the boat going to your port that matches closest to the TYD timeline.
ah makes sense, I didn't get how people were making estimates that their car would go out in a few weeks or days etc, it is just making guesses based on ships leaving to their local delivery port ?

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's really all a guessing game. TYD will give an "idea" of a timeline but it's only accurate after the fact. So, if your TYD says leaving the port on 5/1 and arriving into your port on 5/11, for example, find the boat that most closely matches that and watch vesselfinder.com or fleetmon.com. It's pretty normal to see the that the boat that you were hoping to be on leave while TYD doesn't update for a few days but then update to say your car left Emden. If the boat you suspect/hope your car is on leaves but TYD doesn't update at all after maybe a week, you're not on that boat. But even when you know you're on a boat and it arrives at the port, the system may not update for several days. My car didn't officially "arrive", which basically means processed, for at least a week after the boat that I knew I was on arrived and already left. I guess it just took that long to process at the port. Then it was just a few days from port to my dealer but I only live 3 hours from my port.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, my car was in Emden for close to a month while 2 boats left for my port before I actually got on a boat.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting twist this morning... as I previously mentioned, I thought I was getting 5.54 through the dealer. I was scheduled to take delivery of my car today at 4 PM and the finance manager called and told me the rates went up and I was looking at 6.39 (or something like that). I started to scramble and found 5.64 at PenFed, forwarded that to the FM and he dug a little deeper and pulled 5.49 from Bank of America which is lower than they advertise. Not sure it matters but I put $40k down and ended up financing $97k.
Got yesterday 5.64% from Penfed as well. Dealer is on a 6.99% he said! Thanks for the tip!

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I see Siem Aristotle is now at Sparrows Point near Baltimore! Fingers crossed for those of us in the NE that we hear back from our dealers in the coming days!

IDdoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
SFL conductor has been stuck off the coast of Emden for the more than a week, looks like it just starting moving towards the Emden port (it was supposed to have left emden on 4/15 headed towards RI/MD).
Hopefully my car makes it aboard. It's been at port since 3/28. fingers crossed...
Sponsored