JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pluses out weigh the minuses by a large amount, so I have no desire to sell/trade it. Most of the niggly things have been fixed or on their way out. My big criticism is the use of a touch screen rather than nobs and dials which are more appropriate for some functions. Porsche clearly understands this as one of their options is a physical knob on the steering wheel for mode selection. They just have to redo the concept in the next version.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Pluses out weigh the minuses by a large amount, so I have no desire to sell/trade it. Most of the niggly things have been fixed or on their way out. My big criticism is the use of a touch screen rather than nobs and dials which are more appropriate for some functions. Porsche clearly understands this as one of their options is a physical knob on the steering wheel for mode selection. They just have to redo the concept in the next version.
I don't think you know the origin of the Taycan, which is easily been overseen by new buyers.
The Mission E was an instant hit 7 year ago and Porsche was overwhelmed by the response.
A few months later Porsche decided to take this highly futuristic design into production(yeee!!!).
As we all know concepts never make it to production in that particular appearance.
It's always a cheap rip-off of the initial concept, just to make it production-ready.
Porsche always stay close to their concepts (see Carrera GT) so it's no surprise it's almost a 1:1 copy of the Mission E.
And you guessed right: it had all screens.
I'm glad they pulled it off cuz even for Porsche design this is a very bold decision: still Porsche design but highly futuristic as well.
Man, did we enjoy waiting for the final design years ago, finding pics of mules till the final presentation: what a design!

What I want to say: if it had buttons it would be just another Porsche interior.
I'm glad they didn't.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I have got a problem with Porsche and thats the panoramic roof issue on my CT. Now they need to resolve it or there will be hell to pay, or a rejection via the finance company. That being said its clearly a materials issue that is irrelevant to the drive train/energy storage format of the car.

I don’t recognise the other issues. It looks and drives wonderfully. Love the interior, I have a fully up to date vehicle and have no issue with the in car entertainment. Nav works well including range prediction, its smooth, hud is brilliant as is extra display for charge status etc. I love car play for entertainment and thats a negative against a Tesla for me (along mundane looks and a cheap interior sold to people as modern).

So yes Porsche, for a crap glass choice in the roof you have my complaints. For an EV that I want to drive and not fiddle around with, no complaints at all.

Reactions: B61

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
You should go to another dealer. ...
Exactly, my software update for the ANA6 and the Mobile Charger took about 4 hours. I dropped the car off late morning, drove home in my Panamera loaner, and picked up my car early the next morning. So far my car has been pretty much trouble free.

I've also had zero issues charging, although I use the PWCC and not the mobile charger at home.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
TBH, found this to be a bit of a bizarre post and as others have responded, I too cannot truly relate to any of the bullet points with any degree of support from my experience to date - car has been superb in every aspect.

I have noticed and commented elsewhere that CA in particular does seem to have an EA issue above and beyond other areas of the country but flawless for me here in TX after 9-10 months. Every other aspect of the car honestly has performed really well and the one electrical error I had, I actually induced myself by not properly attaching a Tesla adapter!! - power on-off seq fixed it and never recurred.

Tough deal to have had you experience and perhaps some of it linked to an early adopter of 20/21 model year builds. For me waiting until 2022 seems to have paid off some.
I have to agree with ciaranob - it's a bit of a strange post. I can't really relate to the bullet points. My car has been great to date. I have (and still have) had a few other Porsches. I didn't buy any of them for their great software. I bought them for their driving dynamics.

Sure, I had to buy a $500 EVSE to replace the PMC+ for my Taycan, but that has been the cheapest upgrade I have ever done on a Porsche. On some of my other's I have done exhaust's to improve sound, tune's to improve engine response, etc. - at much higher prices than $500.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
this is from another thread - but I didn't want to derail that thread - I want to derail this thread
Good luck with that.
You are doing such a great job here. 👍🏻
I defenately don't have to "apologize for Porsche".
Especially not for the Taycan.
My car has been excellent from day 1.
Why is this forum becoming more of a rant place for (ex)Tesla owners?
Sell the car Dave, instead of annoying people.

Last edited:

LDT

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Mercedes GL450, E350
Country flag
My 2022 Taycan GTS delivered 07/01/22 has been perfect so far. I have 1200 miles so I don't have enough time with it. Hopefully, I won't run into problems as discussed above. I don't drive very fast all the time so the range is great for my use. I also have the variable light roof and it works perfectly. Very happy with the car.

Porsche Taycan at what point do we stop apologizing for Porsche Battery

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
[...]
Why is this forum becoming more of a rant place for (ex)Tesla owners?
Sell the car Dave, instead of annoying people.
According to some, happiness = reality - expectations. Tesla for sure has an advantage on the software side (why that is - will be another post), and so those expectations either get adjusted or we end up with rants. Which is great, that's how progress works, but has the unfortunate side effect of tainting the perceived happiness of the rest of the audience.

Add to that the relatively niche field of chargers (sorry, "supply equipment") and the level of discontent could be quite high.

What I can assure you, though, is the no one is changing anyone else's opinion - we're just battling over our respective 'scores'/results of the equation above.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What I want to say: if it had buttons it would be just another Porsche interior.
I'm glad they didn't.
Gee a Porsche interior in a Porsche. I am shocked, just shocked. And so why did they implement an optional button on the steering wheel, if the screens are the be all and end all?

Certain functions implemented via touch screens aren't the best idea. They become a driver distraction. Good way to drive into the backside of the person in front of you. Porsche is supposed to be a driver's car so at least implement some of the functions via buttons/knobs where you can rely on muscle memory and not have to look down at a screen to find what you want. Climate control is one that comes to mind. Try this at highway speed. Adjust the cabin temperature, fan speed and vents without looking down at the screen.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Gee a Porsche interior in a Porsche. I am shocked, just shocked. And so why did they implement an optional button on the steering wheel, if the screens are the be all and end all?

Certain functions implemented via touch screens aren't the best idea. They become a driver distraction. Good way to drive into the backside of the person in front of you. Porsche is supposed to be a driver's car so at least implement some of the functions via buttons/knobs where you can rely on muscle memory and not have to look down at a screen to find what you want. Climate control is one that comes to mind. Try this at highway speed. Adjust the cabin temperature, fan speed and vents without looking down at the screen.
it's easy - say "hey porsche - I'm too hot/cold" and boom it adjusts the temperature.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
What I can assure you, though, is the no one is changing anyone else's opinion - we're just battling over our respective 'scores'/results of the equation above.
I don’t know about you, but I always win the Interwebs.

I find the debates to be mostly interesting. This topic, unlike war, insurrections, crimes, is not serious enough to make me upset or even annoyed, so that’s an added bonus.

I also harbor this perhaps unrealistic but romantic notion that some designers for the various brands lurk and research what we like and what we do not like. One can only hope.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

Sell the car Bob and stop apologizing for Porsche.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: B61