ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
A frustrating experience no doubt. Silly question but it has to be asked... Did you route to the charger using Porsche navigation so the car could prepare the battery for fast charging? Also, what was your state of charge when you started your charging sessions?
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Charger-issues = The battery needs to be 25c to get any form of fast charging.

Reactions: B61

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
In all instances I was below 48% if not more as far as state of charge.

I did not route as …drum beat…that doesn’t seem to be working

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
And yes
I will try routing directly using the app tonight.

curious though
A. Why wouldn’t Porsche suggest that - mind numbing dealing with 800 support!)
B. Isn’t driving the car for over 1 or 2 hrs going to raise the battery temperature?

and thank you

LOVE the cars and the drive - it’s the lack of support and dramatic inefficiencies that’s maddening.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
And yes

curious though
B. Isn’t driving the car for over 1 or 2 hrs going to raise the battery temperature?

and thank you

LOVE the cars and the drive - it’s the lack of support and dramatic inefficiencies that’s maddening.
I don’t even have my car yet but I’ve been reading these forums religiously for the past few months. Based on my reading I completely understand why you’re frustrated.

Porsche support sounds pretty incompetent overall. These forums are loaded with people who have way more knowledge and are willing to help.

From my understanding, no, just driving the car will not get you to the right temp for the high charging rate you want.

If you can get the routing to work properly, try it out and see if the charge rate is better.

Hang in there.

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
So confirmng
Using the app to route - NO CHANGE

porsche service said that certainly agree that driving the car does warm the battery

that’s been an hour and a half and ….
350kw 110057-03 port 2 has miserly climbed to 82kw after 8 minutes.

going to unplug again and go to 150kw and see if the same damn thing happens again

disgusted

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
Now at site ID 100289-03 cable2

connected to 350kw
Max throughput is 132kwso a little better but no where close to 270 and that’s with less than 40% left initially

now 60% and dropped to 109kwh

exasperating

wish I could plug in both sides! Lol

one day maybe ?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Now at site ID 100289-03 cable2

connected to 350kw
Max throughput is 132kwso a little better but no where close to 270 and that’s with less than 40% left initially

now 60% and dropped to 109kwh

exasperating

wish I could plug in both sides! Lol

one day maybe ?
Did you try pre conditioning the battery by navigating to the charger? Driving the car doesn’t warm the battery enough. And highest charging speed is with low SoC. Did you try it at 10%. There is another thread on this subject

Porsche Taycan Cross-Turismo after 3000 KM 169DF256-CC24-470B-9217-2C4CB99971E3

Porsche Taycan Cross-Turismo after 3000 KM 8AD81CC9-1F1D-4237-8E44-93A584F21CDF

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
I have had my CT4S for a week now. Also in Sweden btw. IONITY works like a charm. Just using the PCM navigation to the IONITY station, with enough driving time brings the temperature up to 30+ degrees (Celsius), it specifically pre-conditions the battery for fast DC charging. First try I was charging at 260 kW, it then gradually drops, but not below 100 kw until 90-ish % it seems.
really weird that you experience such a slow PCM, or these CarPlay issues, of which I have none. They should be identical in hw and sw? I have however turned off WiFi in the car and now connect my phone via USB as it was getting a bit confused (or maybe it was me) at times. Recommend it although I agree that I shouldn’t have to.
The range is, at least now in the beginning, a bit frustrating, especially when coming from a Tesla. I have had 3 different Tesla’s since 2016 so I am used to seeing quite a high number SOC, but to then see it diminish much quicker. I am now starting to believe that the SOC in the Porsche is quite reliable in comparison. It also is a different style of driving if you want to maximize range. This thing coasts like crazy. I have however not been able to get below 26 kWh/10 km so definitely a drop from the Tesla. Guess the 20 inch 285’s (Hakka r3) in the rear don’t help much here…
I do agree on the center console compartment - I store my phone in one of the cup holders for now but may look for a mounted solution.
On headlights - I’m SUPER happy with the matrix LEDs, but I agree that they should have included washers. With our current conditions, I wipe them off manually before every drive…you have the matrix ones or standard LEDs?
I have not experienced the interior alarm go off even once. Pure luck on this one I guess.

Out of interest, which PCM software version do you currently have?

OP
OP

USSWEDE

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 2022
Country flag
I have had my CT4S for a week now. Also in Sweden btw. IONITY works like a charm. Just using the PCM navigation to the IONITY station, with enough driving time brings the temperature up to 30+ degrees (Celsius), it specifically pre-conditions the battery for fast DC charging. First try I was charging at 260 kW, it then gradually drops, but not below 100 kw until 90-ish % it seems.
really weird that you experience such a slow PCM, or these CarPlay issues, of which I have none. They should be identical in hw and sw? I have however turned off WiFi in the car and now connect my phone via USB as it was getting a bit confused (or maybe it was me) at times. Recommend it although I agree that I shouldn’t have to.
The range is, at least now in the beginning, a bit frustrating, especially when coming from a Tesla. I have had 3 different Tesla’s since 2016 so I am used to seeing quite a high number SOC, but to then see it diminish much quicker. I am now starting to believe that the SOC in the Porsche is quite reliable in comparison. It also is a different style of driving if you want to maximize range. This thing coasts like crazy. I have however not been able to get below 26 kWh/10 km so definitely a drop from the Tesla. Guess the 20 inch 285’s (Hakka r3) in the rear don’t help much here…
I do agree on the center console compartment - I store my phone in one of the cup holders for now but may look for a mounted solution.
On headlights - I’m SUPER happy with the matrix LEDs, but I agree that they should have included washers. With our current conditions, I wipe them off manually before every drive…you have the matrix ones or standard LEDs?
I have not experienced the interior alarm go off even once. Pure luck on this one I guess.

Out of interest, which PCM software version do you currently have?
I'm starting to believe the cars are configured differently. One, I have the 'Intelligent Range Manager' and it preconditions the battery - still I don't get the speeds needed. I'm guessing the Ionity network can't deliver more than 350 KW for the whole cluster of chargers and all those times I've been charging, there's been a queue to get the privlige.
I have version 3613 o the PCM. Programversion ends with P3613 as well.
The alarm keeps going off and I have to reset the 'Interior surveillance' option every day as it is not enough to press the key twice to lock (tried to wait 1 to 60 seconds inbetween pressing lock for the second time - which supposedly turns off interior alarm). In most cases it is the interior alarm that reports a breach - but I've seen burglar alarm code too. The thing is - it goes off everyday and there's no way to turn the entire alarm off.
Lights, I have the standard LEDs - should have upgraded this instead of spending a lot on remote park assistant. Yes, I have the 20-inch winter wheels too - from Porsche - and yes - they're as wide in the rear...still it's a lot thirstier than the Tesla S (which in my mind is comparable size). I will disengage the wifi (don't see the use of it as I cannot connect to the car as it doesn't seem to want to connect to my own wifi - what's the point of the Porsche wifi - I guess you can pay about $50 per month for 7 Gb - but that's a lot to be able to connect from my home or have the kids spend it all from the rear-seat).
My wife is so upset with the alarm now - she keeps bringing it up every time it happens - the neighbours have fun too...I got an appointment in 2 weeks to get it to the shop south of Stockholm - but I haven't heard of any solution to this hassle yet. Should have been an OTA update already.

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
My wife is so upset with the alarm now - she keeps bringing it up every time it happens - the neighbours have fun too...I got an appointment in 2 weeks to get it to the shop south of Stockholm - but I haven't heard of any solution to this hassle yet. Should have been an OTA update already.
Traded our 2020 4S for a 2022 CT4S a couple of days ago and they (Porsche Danderyd in Sweden) told me there is a campaign coming with replacement of the sensor in all affected cars. (there are certain batches of the old sensor that are faulty and not all of them).

Prior the the info about the campaign they had replaced the sensors in 5 cars with good results. But they are now told by Porsche to stop replacements and wait for the campaign....

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
Regarding charging speeds. We went on a long trip during the holidays and of course stopped to charge on the way.

In one of the locations (southern Sweden) there were people from Ionity working on expanding the charging bays and of course we started talking.

He mentioned that temperature is everything and that they have again and again shown that the chargers are capable of delivering 350 kwh easily if the car asks for it. (in this case a Semi and not a car)

We even compared two charging Taycans that were showing totally different charging rates at the same SOC.

Wait for summer and you'll see the charge rate go up to promised levels more often. I've often reached 250 Kwh during summer time and never during autumn/winter.

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Alarm issue, tricky arm-rest, and glitchy AirPlay (music stops playing for 1-2 sec and then continue :( ) -- that's all I am annoyed about. :)

tbh the alarm issue is a critical issue and must be fixed asap. It is a huge failure considering the heavy production cycle and testing.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
And yes

curious though

and thank you

Of You are not able to navigate via the car navigator to the charging station, try to drive there in Sport Plus mode. If you do so it should definitely heat up the batter to about 30 C. A cold battery will only give you about 30% of the possible max charge power.

And also aim to get to the station with about 15 to 20% state of charge.
Sponsored